Bermuda Commons Nursing and Rehabilitation Center

316 NC HWY 801 SOUTH, Advance, NC, 27006

Reviews of Bermuda Commons Nursing and Rehabilitation Center

So Sad March 30, 2010

Not dependable

Many times we were promised a phone call about the status of my Dad-only got a call 2 or 3 times.Nurse told me Dad couldn't have pain meds because "it wasn't time."I was promised a letter to the VA for benefits which was never done therefore lost Dad's veteran benefits.He was suffering so bad until Hospice was notified.He was at this place about 6 wks.and we are so glad he is not there any longer as he passed away 3/24/10.

BJR March 16, 2010

Don't send your parent here.

This is a very poorly-run so-called skilled nursing institution. The only positives in my mother's two-month experience were a few of the individual nurses and aides. Otherwise, the place is so severely under-staffed that it's impossible to know what is going on unless you are there 24 hr/day to monitor and ask questions, but even then, communication is poor. For example, we first met the social worker as we planned mother's discharge. The director was almost never in her office or available, and the bookkeeper was unable to explain the charges in plain English. Both seemed to have chips on the shoulder. Mother was failing, dying while there; once moved to a caring, competent facility, she has thrived. It is amazing what a difference a quality facility can make. This is not one of them.

Arlene Moore December 26, 2009

My loved one used this service

I have been in many rehab centers and assisted living centers. The nursing staff is uninformed,and uncaring. The staff assured us that bed alarms and mats would be placed around my loved ones bed, due to risk of falling, that is yet to be done. The person attending yesterday failed to make sure that my loved one was placed properly in the bathroom before releasing them, of course there was a fall and injuries. This facility is not for people who cannot care for themselves. Hope to get mine out asap.

Wendy Bright August 02, 2009

My loved one stayed here

I would not recommend this facility to anyone who cares about their loved one. My grandmother is currently residing there. I work in a jail and inmates are treated with more respect than the occupants of this facility. They have not been able to get my grandmother's blood sugar down, they wait hours before catheterizing her (and sometimes it is 10pm or later when they do it, even when she is in pain), they have not weighed her since she went there 31 days ago, etc. There is a long list of problems. She is supposed to be weighed every day to see if she has gained fuild on her lungs, but it has not been done, yet. They advised her to walk around after her sugar was 485 and she fell to the floor. She fractured her hand in two places and they did not send her to the hospital until the next day. I am working avidly to find better accomodations for my grandmother. If I could, I would not even rate this facility with one star.

MWA March 15, 2009

My loved one stayed here

If you or your loved one needs rehabilitation at this facility be careful. Inadequate therapists and the manager of that department is not trained very well and inexperienced. I found him very rude with the patients and family. The reason i am submitting this negative comment is because the Director has yet to call me back to discuss any issues. Still waiting, it has been 4 weeks.

About Bermuda Commons Nursing and Rehabilitation Center

Bermuda Commons Nursing and Rehabilitation Center is a nursing home in Advance, NC that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Bermuda Commons Nursing and Rehabilitation Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Bermuda Commons Nursing and Rehabilitation Center

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of Bermuda Commons Nursing and Rehabilitation Center