Hearthstone Alzheimer Care

23 Warren Ave, Woburn, MA, 01801

Reviews of Hearthstone Alzheimer Care

May 30, 2015

By CoachDiana

My husband has Alzheimer’s and I was so very blessed to have found Hearthstone for his care. His disease has taken away his ability to communicate in any meaningful way and he needs help with all of his daily tasks. While my husband is gentle person by nature, he can be downright difficult if he feels unsafe or pressed to do something he doesn't want to do. Unfortunately, I learned the hard way that not all facilities have the loving, able touch of Hearthstone. Before coming there, he was in a beautiful facility that claimed to provide memory care and cater to Alzheimer’s and dementia. Not so. My husband was regularly acting out. Care was substandard. Training was nonexistent. When I switched to Hearthstone the difference was like night and day. Every staff member was well trained. Every caregiver was loving and kind. Every administrator was involved and helpful. The first time I saw a staff member bend down and express genuine love for a resident, I cried tears of joy. I had never seen that before but now I see it every day. My husband has stopped acting out and wandering. The caregivers at Hearthstone are extraordinarily hard working and dedicated to providing the best possible care for the residents of Hearthstone who are treated like family members. They are always patient, respectful, and attentive. Not just the activities director (who is extraordinary) but all staff members go beyond and above to find activities that will stimulate and engage the residents. They don't have a cookie-cutter approach to their care. They work hard to connect with residents based upon their unique needs. Caregivers (including the housekeepers) working at Hearthstone are nothing short of angels. I have the highest respect and praise for them all. It's because of them that I have peace of mind knowing my husband is well cared for and loved every day, even when I'm not there to personally observe it. I know because he is happy and contented. He whistles and blows raspberries a lot these days (his way of communicating that he is OK). I'm blessed and grateful for their care.

May 01, 2015

By Angela F

My 90 year old Mother-in-Law has been a resident at Hearthstone for a year and a half now and our family is extremely satisfied with the care that she is given there. The Nurses, Aides, Staff and Managers are all wonderful caring people who go above and beyond to ensure that my Mother in Law is able to enjoy each day to the fullest. Whether they're helping her apply her make-up, pulling on her compression stockings (not an easy task), or helping her create a masterpiece for their Art show, it's evident that the staff truly enjoy what they do. It's Hearthstone's unique approach to care, with programs and activities that keep residents continuously engaged and interested, that has enhanced her quality of life. She's so happy and her days are filled with thoughtful meaningful programs like Culinary club, Artists Guild, Music and Movement, Poetry club, Sing-a-Longs, and Hospitality club, just to name a few. Whatever the future holds, I'm confident that she's in the right place with people who genuinely care for her and who treat her with the respect and dignity that she deserves. I can't express enough what a relief it is knowing that. The staff are wonderful caring people.

October 12, 2013

By Susan DiSpena

My family and I were so blessed to have found Heartstone for my mom.Each staff member ther treated her like she was their family member. The last few days of her life were exceptionally hard .The staff was there provided my mom and my family around the clock care so she did not pass away alone. Her time there was always filled with great events and smiling faces. My family and I feel blessed to have found such a wonderful place for my mother.She will rest in heaven and be at peace knowing that there are such caring people in this world who touched all of out hearts. Thanks you so much for all your love and support Susan

Photos of Hearthstone Alzheimer Care

Features of Hearthstone Alzheimer Care

• Housing Extra: Shared Living

• Psychiatric Care

• Tai Chi

• Staff Patient Ratio: 5:1, 3:1

About Hearthstone Alzheimer Care

Supported by over 20 years of research, taught and utilized throughout the US and internationally, Hearthstone’s innovative I’m Still Here approach offers people living with memory challenges an opportunity to truly thrive in a best-practices environment that is designed to adapt to the challenges associated with memory decline.

At Hearthstone we understand that people living with dementia are individuals – there is no “one size fits all” approach that works for everyone. Therefore activities are offered in small groups throughout the day as clubs and classes, based on residents’ interests and skills. In addition Hearthstone’s unique Learning Stations encourage independent study on topics of interest.

Dr. Zeisel’s international best selling book, I’m Still Here, provides an excellent overview of the philosophy behind our approach. Please contact us for a free copy, or come by for a tour to experience the I’m Still Here approach in action.

Since 1992, Hearthstone has been setting the standard for providing engaging experiences for people living with memory challenges including Alzheimer’s disease – in fact, it’s all we do.

Map of Hearthstone Alzheimer Care