Brookdale Wilmington

3501 Converse Drive, Wilmington, NC, 28403

Reviews of Brookdale Wilmington

February 17, 2012

By Grandma Patty's Favorite Grandson

My grandmother is living in this nursing home and from the times I've spent visiting her and the times I've heard my grandmother talk about it, it sounds like a really nice place. I know my grandmother was very surprised to see that all the caretakers who worked there were prompt, polite, and above all treated her with the respect and dignity that she deserves. My grandmother wasn't excited about being put in a nursing home but the longer she has stayed there the more she enjoys it. Every time I visit there, I can see all the hard work and dedication the caretakers have here, despite any upsets some of there residents put up. They understand how to treat the elderly and I never thought I'd say this but if I had to be put in a nursing home, the experience I've had here would make me feel more at ease. Knowing that there are people who are willing to dedicate there lives to making sure the elderly live the lives they want, instead of cooping them up in there rooms, brings a smile to my face. Especially when I see my sweet grandmother being treated with the care and love her own family would show.

August 02, 2011

By purpletabbycat

Other

When my MIL was admitted to Clare Bridge, the staff and facility director did everything in their powers to get her the very last room they had because they knew she needed to be in a facility like thiers. The staff, accomidations, food, and activities are all above average. Their pricing I felt for the services that they provided were very reasonable. Anytime that the staff was taking the residences on an outing, (and you were only suppose to go 2 times a week to let everyone have a chance) they always let my MIL go with them because they knew she was a higher functioning Alz/Dem resident and needed the outings. They bent over backwards to make her feel at home there and I would highly recommed Clare Bride of Wilmington to anyone in the area looking for an Alz/Dementia facility. Unfortunately my SIL removed my MIL from here just because my MIL keep sayng she "wanted to go home". so now she is living at home alone against dr's orders. Nothing we can do about it tho.

Features of Brookdale Wilmington

About Brookdale Wilmington

At Brookdale Wilmington we know that memory losses due to Alzheimer's disease and other forms of dementia are progressive and residents' needs are continually changing. That's why we provide balance in our residents' capabilities, personalities, and preferences to create daily routines that enhance their spirits and increase their sense of purpose. We believe the amount of satisfaction our Alzheimer's and dementia care residents receive from the tasks that fill their days goes a long way to maintaining their sense of purpose and overall satisfaction with life. An integral part of this is our promise to encourage each resident to find Daily Moments of Success. To help our residents achieve these moments, our associates receive the tools and training needed in such key areas as specialized dining and the ongoing monitoring of healthcare and behavioral needs, to name a few.

We provide Alzheimer's and dementia care residents with the lifestyle, housing, and services they need in comfortable surroundings combined with the amenities, programs, and care to help stimulate recognition, recall, and wellness in a safe environment. Through years of caring for individuals with dementia, our professional care staff has learned to create optimal surroundings and approaches to care. Familiar environments that our residents have enjoyed throughout their lives are recreated to help them feel reassured and comfortable. The Alzheimer's and dementia care programs at Brookdale Wilmington are built to embrace, not restrict our residents' desire to wander and to provide a sense of belonging.

Map of Brookdale Wilmington