Brookdale East Wichita

9191 East 21st Street North, Wichita, KS, 67206

Reviews of Brookdale East Wichita

Shirley120133050 November 30, 2015

I was very pleased during my visit at Brookdale East. I would give them a top rating. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. The residents were busy with activities, and there was a very uplifting atmosphere. Their dining room was very nice, and their menu looked good.

Caring83843650 July 31, 2014

My dad was at Clare Bridge for 2 months but now he's back home. I think they were referred to me; I visited and I liked it. It was nice. The staff appeared to be good at that time. He had a private room with a common bathroom and living room; it didn’t have a kitchen. The dining room was nice, too. He didn't have any complaints about the food. They have church service there. For someone who can afford it, I'd recommend the place.

MJ2 September 23, 2013

Clare Bridge was a modern place and they seemed to be updated. It was nice and clean. They seemed to be caring and personal. They catered to the different needs of the people.

wachinout4u December 13, 2011

Other

In the northeast area of Wichita, Clare Bridge is a quiet, lovely assisted living facility dedicated to the speciaized needs of folks with Alzheimer's or Dementia. It is a home-like environment, but definitely a structured, secure care facility. Everything is geared toward quality of life for those with pretty significant impairment. Each resident has a personalized care plan that works off his/her unique history. Even familiar work or life environments are recreated so folks can still link in to what is familiar. Food is nutricious, tasty and appropriate for the memory impaired. This is especially important since too much on the plate can be confusing and overwhelming. 1 on 1 assistance is the standard. Physical activity is encouraged and there is an enclosed walking path. Downside is a move is required if health declines. This is private pay or long term care only and it is pricey.

From Brookdale East Wichita

At Brookdale East Wichita we know that memory losses due to Alzheimer's disease and other forms of dementia are progressive and residents' needs are continually changing. That's why we provide balance in our residents' capabilities, personalities, and preferences to create daily routines that enhance their spirits and increase their sense of purpose. We believe the amount of satisfaction our Alzheimer's and dementia care residents receive from the tasks that fill their days goes a long way to maintaining their sense of purpose and overall satisfaction with life. An integral part of this is our promise to encourage each resident to find Daily Moments of Success. To help our residents achieve these moments, our associates receive the tools and training needed in such key areas as specialized dining and the ongoing monitoring of healthcare and behavioral needs, to name a few.

We provide Alzheimer's and dementia care residents with the lifestyle, housing, and services they need in comfortable surroundings combined with the amenities, programs, and care to help stimulate recognition, recall, and wellness in a safe environment. Through years of caring for individuals with dementia, our professional care staff has learned to create optimal surroundings and approaches to care. Familiar environments that our residents have enjoyed throughout their lives are recreated to help them feel reassured and comfortable. The Alzheimer's and dementia care programs at Brookdale East Wichita are built to embrace, not restrict our residents' desire to wander and to provide a sense of belonging.

Features of Brookdale East Wichita