Avita of Stroudwater

113 Landing Road, Westbrook, ME, 04092

Reviews of Avita of Stroudwater

Deborah118353050 December 30, 2015

Avita of Stroudwater was beautiful outside and quite nice inside, but it appeared to be overcrowded and that there wasn't enough staff. It would be OK for some people, I'm sure, but I just know that it wouldn't fit my aunt's needs. It's a fairly new facility. They need more staff, and the staff needs more education and creativity. One of the things that happened while I was there was I was sitting in the entryway talking to the social worker and, while we were there, a group of clients came through to go bowl in the recreation room. Maybe 30 or more people lined up two by two and were really pushing them through the hallway to stay together. The staff was brushed by the patients in a not gentle way. These are adults, and it just didn't feel good to watch that, so maybe the staff needs some more training about the people who live there.

Hi Deborah, thank you for taking the time to review Avita, we truly appreciate it. We're proud to employ some of the best in the industry, and take great steps to provide many training programs for all employees, our own Golden Rule Training as one example. If you would like to discuss this further, we would be happy to have you stop by anytime. Again, thank you for your review.

Anonymous114942050 October 29, 2015

My mom is in the Avita of Stroudwater. The biggest thing to me is that they have a space for memory care right where she is, and she does not have to leave the facility. The people working there are really great and very helpful. They answered all our questions. They make my mom very comfortable there. The place is new, bright, airy, and it feels very spacious. The other thing I notice is that the staff seems to be engaged with the residents. They are constantly sitting with people, talking with people, and interacting with the folks. I really like that a lot. The place is very nice and maintained. Her room is more spacious than where she was before. She has a full-sized bed in there, a set of drawers, love seat, a lounge chair, table, some lamps, and a big closet. She likes that it is well-lit. The other closet that we saw in other places do not have lights in them. The bathroom is also very nice. They have activities. The go shopping. They go to the grocery stores and the local CBS. I like it, and I like the people.

Hi there, thank you so much for the wonderful review! We're so happy you feel Avita is a great fit for your mother. :)

Caring112925450 September 08, 2015

We visited Avita of Stroudwater. It was very nice, no smell, and very clean. The people were very friendly. It was top ranking from the ones I'm looking at. The staff was wonderful and very nice, and they all said hi whenever you ran into somebody. It seemed like they knew the residents' names. They were very involved with the people there, and that's what was impressive. The food and the chef were very good. They do brain games, pet therapy, etc.

Thank you for such a great review! At Avita we pride ourselves in offering the best care for our residents.

From Avita of Stroudwater

Avita of Stroudwater is in Westbrook, ME just off of I-95 and minutes from bustling downtown Portland ME. This 60-unit, state- of-the-art community, which focuses on memory care, is a joint venture of Burlington, Massachusetts-based Northbridge Companies and Portland, Maine-based Sandy River Company. The name, Avita, which translates to “For Life,” was inspired by our desire to create a safe and fulfilling environment where nurturing caregivers recognize each resident as a special and unique individual. Just because an individual may suffer from physical challenges or memory impairment does not mean they have lost their spirit. Our goal is simple – to make a positive difference in people’s lives by creating a special place where residents can thrive and families can have peace of mind. That place is Avita.

Features of Avita of Stroudwater