Arden Courts of West Orange

510 Prospect Avenue, West Orange, NJ, 07052

Top nearby Memory Care Facilities

Reviews of Arden Courts of West Orange

Caring81037950 April 12, 2014

My friend has been in care in Arden Courts since around Thanksgiving. We're very happy with the place. First of all, it's only for Alzheimer's and dementia. That's her problem, so it fits beautifully. I've been there any number of times. I know somebody else who was there, and I'd been impressed with the staff and the friendliness. The accommodation is simple, but it's adequate. A simple room, not all that big, and a private bath with a shower but no tub. It's all single rooms, and they have 4 wings. There are 14 people in their own wing. There is a living room available to her in each section of 14 people so that they can go into and sit in an easy chair and watch TV anytime. She has no complaints with the food. She has no praise. She is eating regularly, which she was not doing at home. They have social recreation. She is introverted and somewhat depressed and not inclined to participate too much, but they do get her out. She's not lying in bed all day as she was at home, and she watches television. I think she's less depressed there. The staff interaction with the residents is very good. There is a pat on the back or a good word. They go out of their way in that respect.

Monica64345661 June 26, 2013

The staff at Arden Courts seemed nice. They gave us a tour. The facility was clean.

nycmom March 12, 2012

My mother has lived at this facility for more than three years. It is exactly as you say. The staff is warm and caring, the facility is clean, the activities staff is dedicated, and the 3 acre fenced-in area out back is fantastic for those residents who like to walk, of which my mother is one. It has been a life-safer having my mom here. We previously had her at her own home with daytime assistance for as long as we felt it was safe, but we were always worrying. Now we are worry-free.

changer February 06, 2012

This is a lovely facility. It is warm, welcoming, bright and charming. I met with Gail. She is a wonderful person. It appears that the residents are well cared for. The facility was very clean and the employees very friendly.

purpledolphin May 12, 2011

Visited this facility

I admit I was at first a little uncomfortable that to exit the area where the Alzheimer's residents live, one needs a code to unlock the door. I know this is for their own safety, because with memory issues they need to be supervised. Once inside the living area, things are actually quite homey and nice, without any sort of "locked in" feeling. Within the supervised area of the building, the residents are free to move around as they wish. What I really liked is that residents can go outdoors if they'd like! In the protected area is a door to an enclosed courtyard area where they can sit or walk outside and still remain safe. Residents have lots of activities, and are encouraged to stay active. I was pleasantly surprised to find many of the residents reading books and newspapers.

From Arden Courts of West Orange

Memory care is all we do.

Arden Courts offers dedicated Alzheimer's and dementia care in a safe and secure environment. We take time to learn about each resident's life story and preferences so that we can focus on providing the personalized memory care your loved one deserves.

Our staff is specially trained in the latest Alzheimer's and dementia caregiving techniques for many types of dementia including:

• Alzheimer's disease
  • Frontotemporal dementia
  • Lewy Body dementia
  • Combination of dementia diagnoses
  • Parkinson's disease dementia
  • Pick's disease
  • Vascular dementia

We also care for residents who wander and who display sundowning behaviors.

Our structured programs and personalized assistance help each Arden Courts resident maintain their highest level of independence and promotes their sense of well being.

Arden Courts is an intimate and comfortable community with delightful home-like settings, socializing areas, dining and entertainment, and easy access for residents with limited mobility. Our enclosed landscaped courtyard areas and 1/4 mile of walking paths are perfect for residents to socialize, exercise and garden while being safe and secure.

Our all-inclusive monthly fee simplifies budgeting throughout the disease process.

Call to arrange for your personalized tour of Arden Courts and see for yourself the difference experience makes at Arden Courts.

We know. We understand. We can help.

Location of Arden Courts of West Orange