Brookdale West Melbourne | Memory Care

7199 Greenboro Dr, West Melbourne, FL, 32904

Reviews of Brookdale West Melbourne | Memory Care

Caring102703150 February 28, 2015

Clare Bridge was very nice. My husband has Alzheimer’s and he was there for over a year. The rooms they have are small with one room and bathroom. There is a space around there where you could sit and watch TV. But I like my privacy sometimes and I like to sit and read. It was very good but expensive because they've got round the clock attention. It was comfortable and the staff was very nice. They did his laundry. My husband liked the food. For somebody who has an Alzheimer's patient, I would recommend Clare Bridge.

Greg7 December 24, 2013

My mom was in the memory care unit of Clare Bridge for about a month. She was there because when she was first diagnosed, they weren't quite sure where to put her. Her accommodation was good. The staff and the management were also very good. She did like the food. The security was good; however, they didn't have a lock on their doors. So people with Alzheimer's would wander in and take stuff. They would come in and use the bathroom and take things. That was very irritating. So if you're a higher functioning person, like my mom, you would want to have a lockable room. I would come out and visit her and in an hour's time, you would have eight different people coming through there and I didn't like that. My mom just wasn't in the right place.

WI daughter April 12, 2013

Clare Bridge's staff treated me very nicely and positively during my quick tour. I'm still waiting for them to answer my e-mailed questions.

smk222 June 30, 2012

This assisted living facility was very nice. The staff were polite and helpful and all together the buildings looked warm and inviting. My only problem with it was that the residents rooms themselves were rather bare, nothing on the walls in terms of decoration. We decided to decorate my grandmothers room ourselves but some of the other residents weren't as fortunate. Overall it is a nice facility, the residents all seemed to enjoy the various activities available and were content with where they were living. We even had dinner there with my grandmother one night and the food was not bad. The dining room was very nice as well, there are large tables so that the residents can sit with their friends and the staff is always there if anyone should need help with anything. My grandmother likes Clare Bridge of West Melbourne very much and I am glad that we decided to have her stay in such a nice assisted living facility.

TFrasher May 25, 2012

I visited Clare Bridge of West Melbourne to explore future career choices. I took a tour and participated in a get together set up by the workers there. They let me sit in on the activity where they had the seniors read a script and act it out. Then afterwards they served dessert. After I helped them back to their rooms and visited other residents in the facility. I talked to a couple of them and their families that were there. I enjoyed visiting. Everyone on the staff and volunteers were very nice and I thought it was sweet how they set the activity up for the seniors. Everyone seemed happy about their job and happy to be there. I was really impressed. They had sitting areas for the residents and a beautiful garden where they can spend some time out doors. They were all for me coming to take a tour and sit in on activities and interact with the residents.

macktruck March 16, 2012

My Grandmother was well taken care of; despite the needs of all the other residents, it seemed there was always time for her needs as well. She suffers from dementia and the patience of the doctors and the staff are invaluable. The facility is well kept, clean and cozy, and the food they serve is easy to chew; though it is not always delicious. The low stress environment seems to be helping my Gamma a lot. She usually recognizes me and my brother when we visit her, and if she does not recognize us right away, she comes around with only a little prodding. Before she lived at Clare Bridge, she almost never recognized anyone in the family, nor did she interact with anyone in a meaningful way. She is still spacey and forgetful, but she has her spunk again. Clare Bridge speicalizes in dementia patients, and that focus on her specific needs has made all the difference.

From Brookdale West Melbourne

At Clare Bridge of West Melbourne we know that memory losses due to Alzheimer's disease and other forms of dementia are progressive and residents' needs are continually changing. We provide balance in our residents' capabilities, personalities and preferences to create daily routines that enhance their spirits and increase their sense of purpose. We believe the amount of satisfaction our residents receive from the tasks that fill their days goes a long way to maintaining their sense of purpose and overall satisfaction with life. An Integral part of this is our promise to encourage each resident to find Daily Moments of Success. To help our residents achieve these moments, our associates receive the tools and training needed in such key areas as specialized dining and the ongoing monitoring of healthcare and behavioral needs, to name a few.

Clare Bridge of West Melbourne provides Alzheimer's and dementia care residents with the lifestyle, housing and services they need in comfortable surroundings combined with the amenities, programs and care they need to help stimulate recognition, recall and wellness in a safe environment. Through years of caring for individuals with dementia we have learned how to create optimal surroundings and approaches to care. Familiar environments that our residents have enjoyed throughout their lives are recreated to help them feel reassured and comfortable. Our Alzheimer's and dementia care programs are built to embrace, not restrict our residents' desire to wander and to provide a sense of belonging.

For more information, please visit us at www.brookdaleliving.com

All on one floor which makes it easy to get around and not get lost. Beautiful landscaping and outdoor patio areas.

Features of Brookdale West Melbourne