Vista Gardens Memory Care

1863 Devon Place, Vista, CA, 92084

Reviews of Vista Gardens Memory Care

April 28, 2017

By Eddy @ The Armenian Cafe

I Love this place. My mom is so happy. Clean rooms. Clean everywhere. Dining room is a hit. Mom can't remember my name but she knows when to turn right to go to her table. She loves the dining room and all the food prepared by their culinary chef. I met with Chef Dee, what a doll. She tailors menus per each person's needs. That by itself means a lot . The staff is always around helping everyone. The activities are always helpful. My mom loves bingo now LOL. Their Baby Grand Piano in the lobby is a hit by many. Their management and sales teams are super super nice. Jacque DuPont is such an amazing person, always on top of everything and anything so that things are taken care of promptly. I noticed she called each resident by their names including their family members. That shows a very caring attitude. She also knows what each person likes and needs and I was so impressed to see, during one of my visits, brining a specific beverage to a resident that he gets daily. Now that's why I call top notch service in the hospitality field. What a Gem to have a person like that running this fine establishment. . I haven't had the opportunity to meet with the other owners Joe and Harry but I hear they are top notch people as well. Very caring. The sales team we had to deal with were very very very pleasant and knowledgeable. Not pushy at all like other places we visited. They offer so many things that other places don't. The Nursing staff are so professional and always going a step beyond to make my MOM feel comfortable and safe . The grounds are kept beautiful. We feel very comfortable that this facility is totally gated. I recommend this place to everyone who needs their loved one taken care of as if they are in their own home. Vista Gardens is THE place to choose for your family member. They are the BEST. I can personally vouch for that.

July 24, 2016

By Jan K.

Vista Gardens is an amazing community. My Father has been to three other facilities and not of them have been able to care for him nor understand his diagnosis and his needs such as Vista Gardens. One of the Owners, Joe, is amazing. When we first went there for a visit he made if a point to personally meet with me and discuss my Father's needs. The Executive Director, Dr. Jacque Dupont if nothing short of amazing! She is a Gerontologist and has an amazing understanding of the elderly and the different diagnosis and needs of each! Dr. Dupont is one of the main reasons I chose Vista Gardens; most of the other facilities around the county did not have an Executive Director with the 20+ years of industry knowledge nor education that she provides. She is a hands on Director and is always accommodating and available whenever I need anything! The grounds themselves are nothing short of amazing. I did not find another facility in San Diego County on 5 acres, with the ability for high functioning residents, such as my father, to be able to go outside with fencing all around the facility to ensure his safety! Hands down this is the best facility with the best staff in the entire county! They care about every aspect from the building and grounds to the resident and their needs! They include the family as part of the team working with your loved one!

June 27, 2016

By Susan216431

My parents are in Vista Gardens. The food is quite good. The dining area is very nice. The grounds are gorgeous. It's very beautiful and couldn't be nicer. The facility location is good. They have a lot of activities, like exercising, outings, games, cooking classes, and all kinds of things. We've been extremely pleased. They have a very high/good ratio of caregivers to residents and nurses here all the time, always on duty. Their doctor came to their room, and we're very pleased with him.

April 25, 2016

I thought the people at Vista Gardens were professional. They had legitimate staff, which not all of them have, who were properly trained and willing or trying to cope with situations. My son had trouble there; he tried to get out, and they called for a sheriff, so he is now in the hospital. They are willing to take him back and are trying to work with him to get back there.

Thank you so much for your review. We try our very best to act as professional as possible! It is always a challenge to balance the safety of our all of our residents in an assisted living environment. However, their dignity and care are of prime importance! We applaud all our families who adore and love their loved ones with such advocacy! Best Regards, Jacqueline DuPont Executive Director

March 17, 2016

By dana lynne

My siblings and I feel blessed beyond words to have found such a wonderful, caring place as Vista Gardens for our Dad to complete his life journey. The staff at Vista Gardens provides the most excellent physical care possible for their residents, but more importantly, cares for their residents as if they were their own precious family members! In addition, the Vista Gardens' staff makes the family of every resident feel that they are also a special part of the Vista Gardens’ family! Moving a loved one into a care facility is a very difficult thing to do, but the staff (and I mean ALL the staff, from the nurses, to the caregivers, to the chefs, to the cleaning ladies, to the administrators and more--ALL the staff) at Vista Gardens move mountains to make the transition as seamless and loving as is possible to achieve. Never for a minute did we worry about our Dad's physical care or emotional well-being during his days at Vista Gardens, and we always felt completely comfortable and even embraced when we visited there ourselves! Vista Gardens is a very rare and special place amidst the copious care facility options! I recommend it most highly, and would go so far as to say that you just will find none better than Vista Gardens for your loved one needing memory care!

February 11, 2016

By dljdaughter1

This facility's philosophy of caring for the "whole person" AND the resident's family, is beyond compare. If there is such a facility that feels like home, Vista Gardens is it! Always clean, bright, and cheery, excellent food, great activities, and a beautiful setting all add to its appeal, but it is the warm and loving family-like care of her residents that really sets Vista Gardens apart!

We are Vista Gardens are so thrilled that you took the time to write such a beautiful description of our care and programs! Thank you so much for your kindness! Dr. Jacqueline DuPont and the team

January 20, 2016

By DJSM

My mother has lived at Vista Gardens for over a year now. My family and I are so pleased with the care she receives. The staff are caring, warm and welcoming from the moment you walk in the door. They know the residents well and individualize the services. The grounds are beautiful and well cared for. The interior is always clean, cheerful, spacious and feels like a condo community. The food is very good to excellent and the dining area is relaxing and open. The activities are relevant and well attended. My mother loves the drives and outings. The daily care is well supervised and I feel confident with the nursing staff, especially with Emily overseeing the details. While no place is perfect, I do have to say that most of my concerns have been addressed quickly and well.

Thank You so much for This amazing letter!! I will thank all those who you mentioned :) Best Regards, Jacqueline DuPont and the management team

February 17, 2015

Excellent, beautiful, hotel-like accommodations. Staff is friendly and helpful. Great benefit to being private, not corporate, which allows individuals to have their care tailored to their needs. Maintenance staff is superb and responsive. Great benefit is Catholic and Christian board members, very respectful of life issues.

November 12, 2014

By Marcie W

My husband has early stages of dementia and I recently toured Vista Gardens. I really enjoyed the people I met, staff and families and even the owner. Joe the owner was very kind and shared how he built the facility with such great detail and concern for seniors. I also really liked the director of nursing, she was very caring and listened to my concerns. I will keep Vista Gardens at the top of my list.

December 31, 2013

By TerryGator

This is a very nice facility. Everything is pretty much brand new. There is a lot of room for everyone to move around without feeling like they are confined. Everyone was very nice to me when we visited my Uncle for christmas. Seemed like everyone was very well taken care of.

July 24, 2013

By angel4mom

Vista Gardens was very bright and cheery, the residents have freedom to walk around and the front door is not locked. They lock the gate which is out in the parking lot so the residents don't feel they're locked in. The cleanliness is exceptional. They have an activity room, a wonderful cafeteria area and dining room and the chef is awesome. The staff is very knowledgeable in dealing with people with Alzheimer's and you can just see when you walk in that the residents are very happy and engaged with the caregivers there.

June 30, 2013

By Teamo

The care is the best. They are there 24/7 for both my husband and me. They are like family and will do anything needed.

Photos of Vista Gardens Memory Care

Features of Vista Gardens Memory Care

• Housing Extra: Shared Living

• Golf
  • Pool

• Nurse On Staff: We Have 24 Hour Nurses.

• Tai Chi

• Home Sale Assistance

• Staff Patient Ratio: 6 1

About Vista Gardens Memory Care

Alzheimer’s Care in San Diego County

"A Garden of Life filled with compassion, love, and serenity.... specializing for those with Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, and related Dementias"

A secure, gated community located on over four acres of beautifully landscaped grounds in the north San Diego County area. State of the art Memory Care designed by professionals in Alzheimer’s and other Dementias to provide the best of both worlds. Enriching the lives of our residents through compassionate care, companionship, and specifically designed activities combined with our extraordinary outdoor environment and healing gardens.

We are one of the few memory care facilities in the country to offer cameras throughout the community, including individual rooms (activation pending licensure,) for safety, transparency, and peace of mind. Our specialized neighborhoods grouped by cognition, enable residents to socialize with others in similar stages as themselves.

Vista Gardens is committed to a proactive treatment program of managing the various types of memory impairment and dementias, through a non-pharmacological approach, working with a team of specially trained staff and expert medical professionals.

Families are welcomed, and we provide outdoor covered areas for visits or picnics near our intergenerational playground area, a private dining room for delicious meals, and classes to enlighten and educate.

We are here for you....to help your loved one and your family move forward with peace, joy, and dignity. Please visit our new Alzheimer’s & Dementia Care facility in Vista, San Diego County, California.

We create a personalized care plan to meet the needs of each individual resident. We offer both inside and outside activities that are engaging for our residents.

Map of Vista Gardens Memory Care