Brookdale Virginia Beach

937 Diamond Springs Road, Virginia Beach, VA, 23455

Reviews of Brookdale Virginia Beach

August 13, 2014

Clare Bridge of Virginia Beach Estates was in a fair neighborhood. The grounds were fine and well kept. I don't know what it was about Clare Bridge, but when I went in I just felt depressed. It had a very depressing atmosphere. The patients were depressed; the staff was depressed -- that was not where I wanted my wife to be. I don't know if it was just me, but it was a very depressing place.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. Please be assured that we are always trying to engage our residents. We have a new executive director with high energy and expectations for Clare Bridge. A theme party was recently held for our staff and residents where they were able to "dress to impress", listen to music, and enjoy snacks! We would love for you to keep us in mind and come back to visit again!

December 27, 2013

By Patti11

Clare Bridge of Virginia Beach was a really nice place. I like their staff a lot. I also like the person running this place. They have good activities there. They have a good connection program. I think it is a viable place because when my mom needs memory care, they have a situation there where they have someone come in and spend a couple of hours here with my mom. Then they would take her over there, so that she would get used to the place. She would get used to them in a more gradual fashion, which I'm kind of encouraged about.

November 27, 2013

The guy that works at Clare Bridge spent so much time with me and called me back several times. I would have to say that the best thing I liked was the cleanliness of the place and how personable they were. They would really listen. When you walk in I see the look in the people's eyes that they care for the residents. There are no hard eyes. There's no fear. The place was nice and it's just relaxed. They also have animals there.

June 25, 2013

By Sarah N

I have been visiting my friend's mother at Clare Bridge for 3 years now. The staff have all been there together for a long time which I know is not common & everyone gives Beatrice all the care and attention she can handle. Just recently, they had a renovation & now it's even more light & bright than before. My mother was just recently diagnosed with dementia & we are planning on bringing her here once the time is right because of the quality of the community, the cleaniliness, the friendliness & the care. It's a beautiful place and has an amazing atmosphere - I really love it!

April 26, 2013

By Doug6

Clare Bridge was average. It wasn't spectacular, but it wasn't horrible. It was comfortable, the staff was very nice, but it just wasn't for us. It's just too far away, about 25-minute drive.

Photos of Brookdale Virginia Beach

Features of Brookdale Virginia Beach

• Nurse On Staff: Available During Business Hours

About Brookdale Virginia Beach

At Brookdale Virginia Beach we know that memory losses due to Alzheimer's disease and other forms of dementia are progressive and residents' needs are continually changing. That's why we provide balance in our residents' capabilities, personalities, and preferences to create daily routines that enhance their spirits and increase their sense of purpose. We believe the amount of satisfaction our Alzheimer's and dementia care residents receive from the tasks that fill their days goes a long way to maintaining their sense of purpose and overall satisfaction with life. An integral part of this is our promise to encourage each resident to find Daily Moments of Success. To help our residents achieve these moments, our associates receive the tools and training needed in such key areas as specialized dining and the ongoing monitoring of healthcare and behavioral needs, to name a few.

We provide Alzheimer's and dementia care residents with the lifestyle, housing, and services they need in comfortable surroundings combined with the amenities, programs, and care to help stimulate recognition, recall, and wellness in a safe environment. Through years of caring for individuals with dementia, our professional care staff has learned to create optimal surroundings and approaches to care. Familiar environments that our residents have enjoyed throughout their lives are recreated to help them feel reassured and comfortable. The Alzheimer's and dementia care programs at Brookdale Virginia Beach are built to embrace, not restrict our residents' desire to wander and to provide a sense of belonging.

Map of Brookdale Virginia Beach