Brookdale Virginia Beach

Overview of Ratings

3.8

June 25, 2013

By Sarah N

I have been visiting my friend's mother at Clare Bridge for 3 years now. The staff have all been there together for a long time which I know is not common & everyone gives Beatrice all the care and attention she can handle. Just recently, they had a renovation & now it's even more light & bright than before. My mother was just recently diagnosed with dementia & we are planning on bringing her here once the time is right because of the quality of the community, the cleaniliness, the friendliness & the care. It's a beautiful place and has an amazing atmosphere - I really love it!

April 26, 2013

By Doug6

Clare Bridge was average. It wasn't spectacular, but it wasn't horrible. It was comfortable, the staff was very nice, but it just wasn't for us. It's just too far away, about 25-minute drive.

Photos of Brookdale Virginia Beach

Features of Brookdale Virginia Beach

• Nurse On Staff: Available During Business Hours

About Brookdale Virginia Beach

At Brookdale Virginia Beach we know that memory losses due to Alzheimer's disease and other forms of dementia are progressive and residents' needs are continually changing. That's why we provide balance in our residents' capabilities, personalities, and preferences to create daily routines that enhance their spirits and increase their sense of purpose. We believe the amount of satisfaction our Alzheimer's and dementia care residents receive from the tasks that fill their days goes a long way to maintaining their sense of purpose and overall satisfaction with life. An integral part of this is our promise to encourage each resident to find Daily Moments of Success. To help our residents achieve these moments, our associates receive the tools and training needed in such key areas as specialized dining and the ongoing monitoring of healthcare and behavioral needs, to name a few.

We provide Alzheimer's and dementia care residents with the lifestyle, housing, and services they need in comfortable surroundings combined with the amenities, programs, and care to help stimulate recognition, recall, and wellness in a safe environment. Through years of caring for individuals with dementia, our professional care staff has learned to create optimal surroundings and approaches to care. Familiar environments that our residents have enjoyed throughout their lives are recreated to help them feel reassured and comfortable. The Alzheimer's and dementia care programs at Brookdale Virginia Beach are built to embrace, not restrict our residents' desire to wander and to provide a sense of belonging.

Map of Brookdale Virginia Beach