Glen Oaks Alzheimer's Special Care Center

8525 Urbandale Avenue, Urbandale, IA, 50322

Reviews of Glen Oaks Alzheimer's Special Care Center

February 27, 2014

Glen Oaks seemed like a good community and had good activities. My husband didn't have any complaints about them. His room was always neat and clean. The staff was good. The financial manager, Kristen, always had a big smile. The boy named Troy was always very accommodating. I've eaten there with him and the food looked good. They had cafeteria style. They also had entertainment. Children would come in to dance. They had TV, checkers, but I didn't see any people watching or doing checkers. I didn't see anybody play the piano. I didn't see any one sitting around the fireplace. Mostly would watch TV or be in their wheelchairs, kind of huddle around and hang close to the door. They wanted out.

October 31, 2011

By julie2

I have found the staff at emeritus to be very friendly and helpfu> they have done thier best to make the move for my father the best possible.

Photos of Glen Oaks Alzheimer's Special Care Center

• Features Extra: Library

• Internet Enabled Rooms

• Minimum Age: None

About Glen Oaks Alzheimer's Special Care Center

Often the mental demands of those struggling with Alzheimer's disease can take over the emotional needs. But at JEA Senior Living, we keep the emotional needs and feelings of your loved one at the very center of what we do.

Our exclusive Meaningful Moments® program is specifically designed to help meet the needs of those Residents with memory loss. We begin by discovering the life story of each individual's likes, dislikes and cherished memories. By adding details and preferences from each Resident's life story into their day, we can build comfort and a sense of meaning for each individual Resident. The result is a familiar atmosphere for your loved one.

Our Residents have access to a whole host of amenities and programming options to help keep them active and engaged in daily life.

There are excursions to restaurants and shopping, arts and crafts classes, movie nights and many chances for family and holiday celebrations. Our Meaningful Moments® program, paired with our active and engaged staff members at JEA Senior Living, brings together the very best Alzheimer's care.

Glen Oaks Alzheimer's Special Care Center is designed to embrace each resident's life experiences, offering an approach that incorporates the individual story into the whole care program. The center offers around-the-clock care and supervision, private and semi-private accommodations, three quality, gourmet meals every day (as well as snacks and special guest meals!), and a vast array of activities.

Map of Glen Oaks Alzheimer's Special Care Center