Brookdale Troutdale

1201 SW Cherry Park Road, Troutdale, OR, 97060

Reviews of Brookdale Troutdale

Peggy110250450 July 21, 2015

My mother moved in Brookdale Troutdale right soon after I had signed. The rooms are quite pleasant. They have a decent-sized bedroom and a large bathroom, with plenty of room to move around with walkers and wheelchairs. The bathing facilities are separate right across the hall from her. They have a pleasant dining room; I’ve eaten there several times, and the food is good. When I was there, the staff was pleasant. In the morning, they gather together and they serve coffee and tea. They have newspapers, and they do some mind exercises, questions, and some physical things. Most of them are seated, but they move their arms and legs. From time to time, they have entertainment come in and sing, play instruments, or give a talk. In the afternoon after lunch, if anybody wants to go for a walk outside, they’ll do that. Mom now is in a wheelchair, but they’ll push her around out there, too. In the mid-afternoon, they do different activities like some arts and crafts, and they have ice cream.

James44 September 26, 2013

I like that Clare Bridge of Troutdale seemed clean and it didn't feel like you are in a prison. It seemed more open. The rooms seemed nice.

Rebecca19 August 25, 2013

I visited Clare Bridge and it was fine. It was clean and it didn't smell. The staff was nice. The residents were having activities when I went there. Everything seemed fine.

From Brookdale Troutdale

At Brookdale Troutdale we know that memory losses due to Alzheimer's disease and other forms of dementia are progressive and residents' needs are continually changing. That's why we provide balance in our residents' capabilities, personalities, and preferences to create daily routines that enhance their spirits and increase their sense of purpose. We believe the amount of satisfaction our Alzheimer's and dementia care residents receive from the tasks that fill their days goes a long way to maintaining their sense of purpose and overall satisfaction with life. An integral part of this is our promise to encourage each resident to find Daily Moments of Success. To help our residents achieve these moments, our associates receive the tools and training needed in such key areas as specialized dining and the ongoing monitoring of healthcare and behavioral needs, to name a few.

We provide Alzheimer's and dementia care residents with the lifestyle, housing, and services they need in comfortable surroundings combined with the amenities, programs, and care to help stimulate recognition, recall, and wellness in a safe environment. Through years of caring for individuals with dementia, our professional care staff has learned to create optimal surroundings and approaches to care. Familiar environments that our residents have enjoyed throughout their lives are recreated to help them feel reassured and comfortable. The Alzheimer's and dementia care programs at Brookdale Troutdale are built to embrace, not restrict our residents' desire to wander and to provide a sense of belonging.

Features of Brookdale Troutdale