HarborChase of Tamarac

6855 Northwest 70th Avenue, Tamarac, FL, 33321

Reviews of HarborChase of Tamarac

October 06, 2012

By Elder Angel

I had the opportunity to visit a new client at Harbor Chase of Tamarac. I had never been there before. Upon arriving, one can see that much work and pride has gone into this facility with the beautifully landscaped grounds. I felt as if I was walking into a 5 star resort. The interior of the building is beautifully furnished from the flowers to the furniture. A staff person greeted me and asked how they could assist. I told them I was visiting a resident. As we walked through a living area, I could see many residents talking. I saw alot of smiles. We walked through an area where mass was being held, we walked past a media area, where there was a class of seated aerobics. Residents waved and smiled at me. Everyone seemed very friendly. I met with my client in a card room, where we visited. She shared with me that she was involved with some classes and had been out earlier in the week on an outing. She seemed very happy. Staff here appeared happy and willing to assist the residents with even the smallest of requests.I was very impressed with my visit to the Harbor Chase of Tamarac facility.

July 30, 2012

By mia4

I like this place so much. It's very nice and clean. I love the harmony which exist there. Every room is so beautiful decorated and the piece that rules there I think that is rare and in so little places you can find it. My grandfather was a little bit of skeptical at the first time. He was living with my grandmother. Since she died he was running away from the people like someone was chasing him. He closed in himself and it was so difficult to talk with him. My family was supporting him all the time. We gave all our best to made him safe and to not be a stranger. It passed a long time since my grandmother's death, exactly one year. We didn't know what to do any more about my grandfather. One of his friends also widow, he told us that he lives in this facility. We made decision for health of grandpa to try to live some period there. He accepted that. After one month he was like new person. We couldn't recognize him. This place changed him a lot. He started to socialize with people from his age. Now he lives there and he is happy. He had 3 good friends which he can always give or take support. Also we are so satisfied with his life and what makes him happy also make us happy.

July 06, 2012

By maletheman

The staff was of high quality. From what I saw, all of the senior citizens staying at this particular facility were treated well. The nurses and other staff members respected them and made them as comfortable as possible. When I visited, my grandmother was thirsty, and one of the nurses kindly asked her what kind of beverage she wanted to drink. Once my grandmother answered, she was very quick about getting the drink for her. It was nice to see that my grandmother was in good hands. I also liked the indoor aspect of the facilities, but the outdoor area could have been improved. Inside, they had recreational rooms with board games and stuff like that. Outside, there was not really anything to do. The only thing to do really was stand outside and socialize. It was nice enough, but I would have liked to see more. With all things considered, it was a good place for someone to send an elderly relative to live.

May 04, 2012

By Mary Kate

I like everything about the place. Its clean and they have nice rooms.The employees and nurses are very caring. They also have a little nursing area. They give her the assistance she needs, they help her shower and everything. The residents look nice and well - dressed. The food is good and they also have snacks.They have entertainments and have some activities to help the memory. I randomly visit there so I can't think of anything else that they need t o improve. I am very satisfied with the care they're giving to my mom and I feel she's very secured there.

April 13, 2012

By commercesd

While in the Miami area, we made it a point to take a look at the HarborChase of Tamarac assisted living facility as an option for my friend's mother. We didn't have an appointment, but the staff was still friendly and accommodating. The cabana style buildings looked like a resort. The grounds had lush greenery with palm trees and shrubs with lovely gardens and patios. We liked the way the main foyer was decorated and could smell fresh flowers. Residents are regularly invited to participate in everything there is to offer - from outings to indoor games, films and reading groups. Staff seemed to be willing to accommodate any resident need. Pets are permitted, which was a relief, since my friend's mother really loves her cat. We got to see the diverse staff and residents - which seemed to include people at various levels of care. No one was separated out - the staff simply attended to those who needed it more. It was nice that they could all fraternize easily. We have noticed that at some places, there could be a tendency to separate people according to their physical ability. We especially liked the uniqueness of the chapel and therapy room. There is a lot of convenience here as well, from the salon, fully-equipped exercise and whirlpool, to the well-stocked library, Internet access and computer room. The facility parking, guest meals and room will come in handy for family visits. The nicely appointed private living spaces were all fresh and seemed newly decorated. There was a variety of types of food available - for example, meal choices ranged from a complete meal to snacks or lighter fare. The meals we saw looked delectable - like what you would find in a 4 star restaurant. Every dietary concern seemed to be well addressed and all residents are taken care of nutritionally. The facility encourages family members to visit regularly and participate in some of the annual activities, such as barbeques and holiday parties. The staff is kind, caring and very attentive to all of their needs, whatever they happened to be and the seniors really enjoy living here.

Photos of HarborChase of Tamarac

• Home Sale Assistance

• Staff Patient Ratio: 8 To 1

• Licenses: Extended Congregate Care

About HarborChase of Tamarac

Celebrating senior living each and every day!

Welcome to HarborChase of Tamarac, and the highest standard of Dementia and Alzheimer's care. Respect and simple kindness abound here as we celebrate each individual life with the dignity it has earned and a warm appreciation of chapters still to unfold.

We know you're facing a difficult decision. That's why we're here, and why we do what we do. We understand the challenges you face when caring for a loved one with memory loss, dementia, or Alzheimer's. But now imagine a new home where lovely surroundings, tasty food, and a compassionate, competent staff make each day shine. This is HarborChase of Tamarac, where we pride ourselves on setting the gold standard in senior care every day.

Come visit and experience our tradition of excellence in Dementia and Alzheimer's care.

Call today; this could be your truest act of love.

We are a dedicated stand alone community serving residents with Alzheimer's, dementia and all types of memory impairment. We have parallel programming where we have several programs simultaneously to meet the interests and abilities of all of our residents.

Map of HarborChase of Tamarac