Brookdale Camino del Sol

14001 West Meeker Boulevard, Sun City West, AZ, 85375

Reviews of Brookdale Camino del Sol

October 30, 2014

We did find a community. It's Clare Bridge of Sun City West. Generally, it has been a positive placement. The primary consideration was the availability of nursing care. Generally, I'm satisfied. I find that the service, cleanliness, and meals to be satisfactory.

December 30, 2013

By Lisa74835350

The staff were all very informative and have been very helpful to us when we visited Clare Bridge of Sun City West. I really like the care that they are giving for dementia and Alzheimer's patients. The rooms are very nice and well arranged.

November 28, 2013

By Kelsy

Clare Bridge of Sun City West on Meeker is amazing. I've never seen a center that is really taking care of every patient they have. The staff are really taking good care of my mom with regards to her Alzheimer's and they are friendly. I was very happy with how clean the facility was. They have activities that are keeping the residents busy. Their meals are amazing. It's very healthy and nutritious.

September 25, 2013

By Harold8

I had a quick tour of Claire Bridge it was a fairly new place. It was cozy. It was located far away from the city. The rooms were new and bright. The staff was warm. However, it was among the more expensive ones.

December 15, 2011

By Emmyrose

This is a nice medium-sized facility. The building is one story. The building and grounds are well maintained. They have lots of palm trees and a beautiful courtyard with flowers and greenery. There is a patio and walking areas. All the rooms are one bedroom apartments. They are private or semi private.All are handicapped equipped and have alarm system.They do not cook as all meals are provided and snacks. They have a nice dining room which is restaurant style. The food is very good. They have an ice cream parlor. This so nicely decorated and set up like a town square which looks as you are in the french quarter in New Orleans. They have a beauty salon,sitting and activity area and have internet access. Outside in the courtyard they have beautiful like botanical style gardens you can walk in. The do assisted memory care and have available home health and hospice who can come in as needed.The hav a nurse on 7 days a week and doctors who come in. All caregivers are certified. They can transport ot appointments. The staff is very caring and friendly and it is a fun place to live. They have lots of activities in house as exercises, bingo, cards, games, birthday and theme parties. There are sing-a-longs and entertainment.They go out shopping and to events as they are able. This is a very impressive facility.

July 18, 2011

By leezee

A very nice facility that upon arrival could have been either a one story hotel or an office complex, except much more appealing, or some sort of business. The building reminded me of trying to look like an actual house with lots of windows and a big open patio leading to the main entrance. It was the inside I was more impressed with. Decorated like a house with large paintings and comfy couches and chairs, a fireplace, floral arrangements and plants and few sturdy knick-knacks. I really liked how warmly the rooms were painted too, rich browns and earth like tones rather than the standard white walls which remind me of hospitals. This facility offers assistance to those with Alzheimer's and dementia, which my father in law was recently diagnosed with. Because my father in law is in onset dementia, he doesn't require as much perhaps as somebody else. I liked how this facility only charges for the services you actually need. It's not like some package deal and regardless of your needs, you have to pay that fee. I loved, absolutely loved the idea of alarmed exit doors! Not that I want my father in law to feel trapped, because the doors are not locked, just alarmed. Huge dining room! And a private one too if the family decides to come spend a meal with him. Best library! Which is great. My father in law has always been a newspaper and magazine buff and when I browsed through, all the recent magazines were there. Not like some doctors offices where the issues are six months old. There are private and semi private rooms. My father in law prefers a private room but what I did like about the semi private rooms is the way they are built. Almost like a large ell. So even if you do share a room with someone, you still have your own three walls and the bathroom is centered between. Very wise on this facilities part. People like their privacy. I loved the outdoor courtyard with all the grass and trees, flower beds in full bloom and the courtyard is enclosed! It seems Clare Bridge thought of everything. I noticed a lot of staff. Very professional, well groomed and friendly. Every person we passed said hello or smiled and greeted us. I know finding a facility for someone who suffers from dementia or Alzheimer's is a difficult task. It can't be easy caring for somebody with these types of issues. I know that my father in law is reaching a point of needing more care than my husband or I can give him. We both work full time and live about 50 miles from Sun City West. Just as we were leaving, I was talking to a woman whose mother had been at this facility for 3 months. I asked her how she liked it and she said she couldn't say enough about how great it was, how great everyone was. She used the word exceptional. Then she told me that out of about fifteen facilities she had looked at, although very nice, Clare Bridge seemed to have the cutting edge on care. She told me they do a mental workout with each patient every morning and in her opinion, her mom seemed sharper.

Photos of Brookdale Camino del Sol

Features of Brookdale Camino del Sol

• Pets: No Pets Allowed

• Licenses: Arizona Directed Care
  • State Licenses: AL2003

About Brookdale Camino del Sol

At Brookdale Camino del Sol we know that memory losses due to Alzheimer's disease and other forms of dementia are progressive and residents' needs are continually changing. That's why we provide balance in our residents' capabilities, personalities, and preferences to create daily routines that enhance their spirits and increase their sense of purpose. We believe the amount of satisfaction our Alzheimer's and dementia care residents receive from the tasks that fill their days goes a long way to maintaining their sense of purpose and overall satisfaction with life. An integral part of this is our promise to encourage each resident to find Daily Moments of Success. To help our residents achieve these moments, our associates receive the tools and training needed in such key areas as specialized dining and the ongoing monitoring of healthcare and behavioral needs, to name a few.

We provide Alzheimer's and dementia care residents with the lifestyle, housing, and services they need in comfortable surroundings combined with the amenities, programs, and care to help stimulate recognition, recall, and wellness in a safe environment. Through years of caring for individuals with dementia, our professional care staff has learned to create optimal surroundings and approaches to care. Familiar environments that our residents have enjoyed throughout their lives are recreated to help them feel reassured and comfortable. The Alzheimer's and dementia care programs at Brookdale Camino del Sol are built to embrace, not restrict our residents' desire to wander and to provide a sense of belonging.

Each side of the building has its own large home with living room, kitchen, library, life stations (woodshop, games, puzzles, sensory lights and sounds.

Map of Brookdale Camino del Sol