Arbors Memory Care Community

Top Nearby Memory Care Facilities

Reviews of Arbors Memory Care Community

July 25, 2013

By Jennyoro

My grandfather is a resident of the arbors. They have been very great with us. My grandmother passed away a year ago and shortly after that I became my grandfathers guardian. The people at the arbors have been understanding of my circumstances and were willing to help my grandfather transition into there community. He began living there in a respite position and slowly transitioned into a regular room. He is very happy there and so are we as his family. I recommend the arbors to anyone looking for memory care. I like how the arbors are owned by a local family. If I have any concerns they are addressed immediately. I think it's a great community for people with memory issues.

July 25, 2013

By SC in Reno

My grandmother has been a resident of the Arbors for several years. I have been extremely pleased by her care. Many of the caregivers have been there as long as she has and we feel like they've become part of our family. Their concern for her well being is evidenced daily. I almost feel like they treat her like their own grandmother. The Stutchman family who owns the Arbors has been so incredible to work with. They know my name, my mother's name and they always greet us with a smile and oftentimes a hug when they can tell we're feeling down after a visit. We checked out a number of facilities before we moved my grandmother and we felt that the Arbors by far showed the most care and concern for their residents. I know my grandmother loves it there too because she is always smiling whenever we visit. She introduces us to her friends and always has lots of stories about the fun things she's been up to. I would definitely recommend the Arbors to anyone who needed to find a home for someone with Alzheimer's.

June 18, 2013

By Jumpin

Terrible place... they suck you in with all the promises and don't deliver at all. The price you pay is ridiculous and they don't do what they say they will do for the clients. It is all about money....... so sorry my friend didn't know any better......

October 26, 2012

By Carolyn3

My brother looked up Arbors Memory care on the internet. I was trying to figure out what to do for my mom. I went and looked at the place and I talked to them. After talking to them I found them very helpful. They were so caring and sweet. When I looked up the reviews on the internet, they have quality people there. When I viewed it was like being in a hotel and when my mom went inside she thought she's in a hotel. She loved it. She thought it was beautiful. I like the freedom there. They were able to go and do what they would like to do. They had freedom and I like that. It didn't feel like a confinement and there was no smell. My mom has a single room by herself and it's a large room. She's happier that way. She's always taken care of. I don't walk in there where I feel like they are not doing their job. I have eaten there and the food is great. I've never had problem with food. Sometimes I eat with her. Sometimes I'm there for a family night and the again the food is great and I can't complain with any of it. I love the staff in Arbors Memory Care. They're so caring and so sweet. I never walked one time where I heard an angry word come out of them. They treat their residents so much like family. They treat them so good and they're so sweet to them. They would stop anything they're doing to take care of a situation. They're wonderful!

October 26, 2012

By Donna10

Arbors Memory Care was highly recommended to us and also when we went to visit, it just had a homey feeling. My mom has been there for 4 years. Through that period of time, the one thing that is always constant is that she is busy. They have many activities which many of the other facilities do not offer and makes such a difference in the quality of life. She's had exemplary care. It seems that people who worked there actually have feelings for the residents rather than just doing things as a job. My mom was in a room by herself for more than 3 years. Recently we just moved her in with a roommate and it works just fine. It's a large bedroom with a bathroom. The food is wonderful. They have a family night once a month and we eat there at least once a month. The food they serve is nicely prepared. It's tasty and well presented.

February 10, 2012

By KellAlpha

My girlfriend's grandmother is currently a residence at The Arbors. I first visited the place when I was going to drive my girlfriend's mother and grandmother around for a bit so she could have a change of scenery. When I first entered The Arbors, every attendant was very cheerful and welcoming. I also noticed the place was very clean, welcoming, and simple. When we went to get the grandmother from the room, she wasn't being very cooperative and putting up a fit. This is where I was disappointed in The Arbors. The attendants were very rude to us and to her, acting as if our presence there was to blame for the grandmother acting out and causing a scene. The attendant acted as if she just wanted us gone. After we calmed the grandmother down and buckled her in the car, the attendants were calm and nice again. The facility is beautiful and well kept, but this experience has left me thinking that some of the attendants need an attitude adjustment. Also, a few days later, we received a call from The Arbors at home about the grandmother falling and hitting her head. When my girlfriend's mother kept asking the attendant how serious it was, they kept repeating the same thing over and over and finally admitted that they didn't personally know the grandmother and what her condition was (dementia and Alzheimer's). This caused a lot of frustration. I had hoped that The Arbors would have had one of their attendant's speak to us that actually knew the grandmother. Overall, I would say some of the attendants are not the best around, but acceptable.

Photos of Arbors Memory Care Community

Features of Arbors Memory Care Community

• Pharma

About Arbors Memory Care Community

Arbors Memory Care Community is devoted entirely to memory care. Your loved one living with Alzheimer's or other types of dementia will not only receive basic physical care, but will thrive in an environment creatively designed for their psychological well being, social needs, and entertainment.

Located in Sparks, Nevada just a mile from Interstate 80, Arbors Memory Care Community is family run, allowing owners and staff the flexibility to easily make beneficial changes.

The Stutchman family has 38 years' experience running and developing senior communities. Their longtime involvement in the industry contributes to the quality of programming, design and layout of the building, and management of their well-trained team.

The Nevada Bureau of Health Care Quality and Compliance conducts annual unannounced inspections of senior care facilities. Arbors has received an "A" grade every year since 2004 while many competitors get Cs and Ds on their initial inspections. Arbors Memory Care remains committed to maintaining an outstanding environment, staff, and structure to enhance the lives of its happy residents.

Staff competence, proficiency, and compassion are priority one at Arbors Memory Care Community. Caregivers receive three times the training required by the state of Nevada. Ensuring they hire top-notch professionals at the onset, management then accelerates knowledge and expertise with 16 hours of instruction. Next, leaders create paired teams with one experienced caregiver to work with residents for the new hire's first several shifts. Education is continued on a monthly basis.

Safety is another priority at Arbors Memory Care. Surrounded by a wrought iron fence woven with roses, the community is secure, but lovely with no feeling of confinement. Extensive research was conducted to plan the community's layout, so that residents can follow visual cues or "way-finding" prompts to easily reach their destinations. Memory boxes stationed at individuals' apartment entries signal residents that they have arrived home. Memory boxes contain personal photos of residents, loved ones, and even framed bios highlighting their own life achievements, experiences, and peak moments.

An abundant activity program is so important to Arbors management that they have hired two activities directors for seven day a week coverage. Through arts and crafts, brain-training games, and physical exercise, staff motivates residents to connect with their creativity and mental functioning, while engaging in rewarding social interaction. Golden oldies and lively music play in the background as seniors participate in these enjoyable activities. The morning "Keep Fit Wellness Program" is a great start for each resident's day.

Live entertainment and events hosted by Arbors Memory Care Community add to each individual's fun. Musical performances inspire seniors to dance, and the monthly Family Nights keep residents connected to loved ones. Trips are taken offsite to attend community events.

Community Relations Director, Stephanie Hanna, had a grandmother who passed away from Alzheimer's, but she regrets she didn't have the time to spend with her in her final months. "Now I take time to visit the residents -- one of my favorite parts of the job." Ms. Hanna notes that in a way, she is completing a karmic requirement.

Facility Features

• Three-acre site
  • Neighborhood environment
  • Outdoor areas for gardening, barbeques, exercise, and other activities
  • Wrought iron fence with roses and vines for security with beauty
  • Visual cues and walking paths for easy navigation by residents
  • Two spacious atriums with plants and birds
  • Numerous areas for socializing

• Monthly Family Nights with dinner and live entertainment
  • Monthly support group
  • Hot August Days, Cool Classic Cars Show -- hosted by Arbors
  • Concerts performed by 30-piece band two times per year "“ hosted by Arbors
  • Educations seminars by industry experts

• Daily exercise available -- Keep Fit Wellness Program
  • Live entertainment three-to-four times per week
  • You and Me time
  • Dancing
  • Moments of Memory Art Classes
  • Weekly bingo socials
  • Pet therapy
  • Sensory word challenges

Services

• Three daily meals guided by a dietician
  • Snacks/beverages available all day
  • Personal care needs assistance -- 24-hour care
  • Medication management
  • Pharmacy services
  • Doctor appointment scheduling
  • Incontinence management
  • Laundry service -- personal and linens
  • Transportation to outside events and general outings

Benefits

• Family-owned community affords flexibility to create customized programs for seniors
  • Staff experience with memory care for consistent, positive results
  • Staff training exceeds any other Nevada memory care facility -- over three times the level required by the state for the absolute highest quality in care
  • Specific staff training to compassionately manage challenging behaviors typically presented by dementia/Alzheimer's patients
  • Community structured to help residents get around and remain independent
  • Visits from volunteers keep seniors involved with community
  • Two activity directors on staff means dedication to excellence for physical/mental well being of residents
State Certification:
  • Residential Facility for Groups
Resident-to-Care-Staff Ratio:
  • 6 to 1
Housing Categories:
  • Assisted Living
Cleaning Services:
  • Laundry services: Clothing (staff washes residents' clothes)
  • Laundry services: Linens (staff washes residents sheets/linens)
  • Housekeeping (staff provides housekeeping services to residents)
Activities:
  • Organized offsite activities (outings, etc.)
  • Arts
  • Woodworking
  • Crafts
  • Games (bingo, bridge, etc.)
  • Religious services
  • 24-hour security gate
Guest Services:
Pets Allowed:
Dining Options:
  • Meals delivered to residents' rooms
In-Room Technology/Entertainment: