Oxton Court of Savannah

Reviews of Oxton Court of Savannah

September 23, 2015

By Wendy Boone

Other

I am a nurse and have been for 16 years, I have been in many facilities over the years. Lisa and Lisa are absolutely amazing and they truly care about their residents. They always know what is going on and make it a point to know. I always enjoy visiting this facility. The atmosphere is always so nice and the patients are well taken care of. I have visited this facility at different times during the day and they are always right on top of things. The staff works well as a team to take very good care of the residents. I would definitely recommend this facility and give it 5 stars.

September 12, 2015

By Melani Arpin

Other

The day came and I was not ready! My mother could not and did not want to care for my father any longer. My heart was broken. I had one day to find my father a home. A home that would welcome him and give him the love that I wanted for him. His diseased progressed rapidly, he was happy and kind, so keeping his spirit up was my main goal. He now became the focus of all that I was. I was on vacation in Florida, drove to Savannah in tears and was sent to Oxton Court on a recommendation. We walked in am met OUR angel. Lisa sat and listened to our situation. She explained things, held our hands and got to know about us and said she could help. What do we do? Where do we go? Who and what is needed? We knew nothing, but she did. After all of the forms, we're completed. My father's spirit blossomed more than I expected. They put him to "work" because he loved to work. They danced with him, played music that reminded him of LIFE. He once again was living. Lisa and her crew know that everyone in their care have aN awful disease. They all understand, guide and give excellent care. My father had a big family that care, understood and loved him for the man he was, not for the disease he had. He lived laughed and loved the life they gave. We all became family. Cheese burgers, Coke and a Smile was served up as often as possible. I recommend Oxton Court for families having to make the difficult decision with a loved one. The support, the care, the knowledge is all under one roof. If the spirit is damaged, we have no hope.....trust that Oxton Court will protect the spirit.....we are proof.

September 04, 2015

By Savannah friend

"The Lisa's" are the directors who run this lovely home, and they do a superb job! Every resident is treated as if they were a part of their family. The residents are not only cleaned, fed and entertained, but They are active participants in their lives here. Of course it's a new normal for them but they all seem engaged and well-adjusted to their new home. All of the staff there (not just the terrific Lisa's) are wonderful. The activities director is constantly engaging the residents, the aids are so lovely and well-trained in caring for memory residents, and the kitchen staff prepares delicious dishes. I can't say enough good things about the care this facility provides for its patients!

August 22, 2015

By djroberg

My Mom has dementia and when the time came that she needed 24/7 Memory Care I vetted and toured three other facilities in the Savannah area. The other facility structures were much newer and more modern. Although, none of those facilities seemed wrong; none of those facilities seemed right. The day that I was scheduled to meet with the hospital administration to advise them which facility Mama was to be released, I decided to call for a tour of one more facility on my list, Oxton Court of Savannah. I requested if it was possible for me to tour Oxton Court on that day. Lisa at Oxton Court encouraged me to come anytime during the day and to just ask for her. I drove straight to Oxton Court of Savannah and Lisa gave me a tour of the facility. One of the first things I noted was that although the buildings were older, they were clean and they didn’t have “that smell”. After the tour Lisa discussed the care, costs, residents’ rights and gave me insights regarding the “community”. Lisa asked questions regarding Mama’s needed level of care, her skills, hobbies, history, personality and such and encouraged me to ask questions regarding my concerns and desires for Mama. Lisa at Oxton Court was very professional and personable; it was like talking to someone I had known forever. She was sincere, knowledgeable and very capably answered all my questions without me having to wait for a referral contact. When I left Oxton Court of Savannah that day I felt like God was answering my prayers; that if Mama can’t be at home with one of us then Oxton Court is the right place for Mama at this stage of her life. I am with Mama at Oxton Court of Savannah often and all different times of the day; the entire staff is professional, cooperative and capably perform their duties. All have gone above and beyond to assure Mama is as healthy both physically and emotionally as possible; consistently meeting and inquiring regarding her needs. The cooking is home-style and they have dessert at every meal; Mama always cleans her plate. I am invited and welcomed to eat with Mama at any meal or snack. I am impressed and most grateful for Lisa and Lisa and all the staff who genuine love and care for the residents and the residents’ families. The residents are family to the staff; the staff know them by name, they respond to the residents idiosyncrasies in stride, they treat all the residents with dignity, patience, and compassion; they encourage the residents to be as active and happily interactive as they are capable or desire to be. Mama retired from nursing when she was 72 years of age; she is still very capable and nursing is still her hearts’ desire. Those on the staff with nursing experience or knowledge converse with Mama regarding nursing and ask for her opinion or thoughts on a matter. At other times they patiently and respectfully listen while Mama chooses to give her nursing opinion even though it wasn’t asked for (smiling). Feeling loved, appreciated and respected for her knowledge and accomplishments is what keeps Mama trying to see through the “fog” every day. Thank you, to all the staff at Oxton Court of Savannah for your excellent care of my Mama and for every moment you keep the “fog” from settling in thicker around her. P.S. The care is awesome!! The only reason I didn't rate 5 stars is that they really need to update the buildings and grounds.

August 05, 2015

By misifusa

I have both my Mom and Aunt living here and feel blessed that they are enjoying their lives in a memory care facility. The level of caring is truly off the charts. Both of them feel as if they are in their home, with people around them who truly care. I am a frequent visitor and across the board, the friendliness of staff and the priority of caring about their residents are astounding. Residents are number one here which is crucial to me. Lisa M. and Lisa W. go above and beyond their call of duty. They know the residents and their families by name. The phone is answered and each member of the staff know the residents as well. Medical care by Dori, Robin and the other nurses is all about resident comfort and my frequent questions and/or favors are always met in the most kind way. Kayla is a gem as well, interacting with the residents and getting them to smile daily is delightful to watch and I am grateful to know that she is there to help them. The food is good as I have eaten there, welcomed as if we were a part of the family. Patience is paramount in a facility such as this and supportive kindness is key. Glenda and her sister help the residents to feel good, making sure their hair and nails are pretty which helps them to keep a sense of normalcy. Friendships blossom between the residents and staff and that includes family like me. There is a kind, loving world built at Shadow Moss (Oxton Court of Savannah) which brings joy to all who enter. That's why I believe they deserve the 5 stars. My heartfelt gratitude goes to each and every staff member who together make this place a loving HOME.

July 06, 2015

By Verna6

Some of the staff were very nice and very helpful at Oxton Court of Savannah Court. Some were not. My mom was wheelchair bound, and a couple of people had refused to move her. She was there for two years. It was nice at first. They were really nice to her. Most of this happened when they changed ownership. She had one large room with a large bathroom. The dining area was not very big, and they just had a couple of long tables. She said the food was not very good sometimes.

Dear Family,

We are very sorry that you loved one had to move from our community. This is always hard for everyone involved the family, the team members, and most important the resident.

We also understand that the resident and our team members become more like family, than caregiver to resident. This is a good thing but, when a resident's needs goes above our level of care and has to move it's difficult for all.

We loved and cared for your mother and she was happy until the end!

Sincerely, Oxton Court of Savannah

December 05, 2014

By thishappyson

This is a wonderful place, Lisa M. and her team are hands down the best of the best. I've know Lisa from her days at a local nursing home were my grandmother was. I always kept up with her just in case I needed to find her again. What an amazing person who loves what she does. Look the place needs some work God knows she needs a good maintenance man but for me and my family its all about the care. My mom is treated like a Queen all the time I love this place.

February 10, 2014

By LisaRic

My mother is currently a resident – or should I say “family member” at Shadow Moss. If I had only known what I know now Mom would have been at Shadow Moss months earlier. My mother is treated with respect, dignity, and a whole lot of love!

February 06, 2014

By thebestsonever

I Moved my husband in Shadowmoss in the summer. The director Lisa is so amazing and her staff, the nurses are outstanding as well. I am back and forth from Savannah and our home inFlorida. My husband has had Alzheimer's for several years now and I could no longer care for him that was hard for me to say but, I could not do it. When I came to tour Shadowmoss I was touted around the whole community and then I was asked is there anything else you would like to see. Wow who does that Shadowmoss does that. Listen the place is like no other they really care for the residents they care for. The community because home for all. I love this place.

October 28, 2013

By BlueJacket

I moved my father-in-law to this facility because of concern over his care at another facility just down the road. I could not have selected a better facility to place my dad! The staff are phenomenal! They are above and beyond with the caring, consideration, respect and actual love for the residents. I have never visited when I haven't seen them involving everyone (event the less functioning ones) in all of the activities or encouraging them to socialize. The meals are always top notch and served in an almost restaurant type situation. Those less functioning are given particular attention by the staff during meals. As a matter of fact, the snacks and meals are probably more than what I do at my own house! My dad has regained several pounds and gotten his appetite back after losing so much weight at the previous facility. It is not a fancy place for sure, which I think personally makes it wonderful. The director makes sure it is "decked out" for all the holidays and urges family members attend the events. What it may lack in "bells and whistles", it certainly more than makes up for in the priority department, which should be the care of your loved one. It is VERY clean, and the residents are always cleaned up promptly when necessary. That speaks volumes to me. If there are any medical concerns or even emotional concerns, the head nurse is always available and usually in contact with you first. The dr. who works with the home is that absolute best I have seen. It is always a joy to stop by there and not just see my FIL, but all of the residents in a good frame of mind and well taken care of. His demeanor and I'll even say his cognizance has improved greatly in the brief two months in this facility. I could not be happier that I moved him and honestly believe I got him in just the nick of time. Another month in the previous facility and we may had a much sadder story to tell. Best decision regarding his care EVER!!!

January 29, 2013

By #1daughter1

WOW!!! This cannot be the same place I visited a few years ago!!!! The new director is amazing, she is really turning that place around for the better!! I went to Shadow Moss Plantation about 2years ago looking for my dad a place, he was in the early stage of ALZHEIMER'S and not ready to place him just yet but, know with all the changes dad is moving in Feb. 1, 2013. The fee's are very good and dad was happy when we went for the tour, he played WII Bowling and did not want to leave. Thank you for making me and my dad at home and a part of your family at Shadow Moss!!!

January 25, 2013

By alz123

My Grandmother was at Shadomoss Plantation in Savannah, GA, for 3 years. I looked and looked before i placed her there. This was not and easy choice for me but, one I had to do. She really did great great there and the care was wonderful!!! They were so loving to her the staff became apart of our family. Thank you!! Shadowmoss I will never forget you

December 02, 2011

By healthcareconsultant

I visited Shadow Moss. I think Shadow Moss is okay but was not impressed with the appearance of the facility. The grounds of the facility are ok; the facility is located in a nice and safe area. The common areas were clutter free but it appears to need some updating cosmetically. The room was clean, but could use more personal touches to them. The staff and management of the facility seem professional and friendly. I think the residents receive decent care there. During my visit I noticed that the staff seems to correspond well with the patients and their families. As far as recommending this facility to anyone, I would if you are seeking affordable assisted living care and not concerned about the facility cosmetic looks

Photos of Oxton Court of Savannah

Features of Oxton Court of Savannah

• Pharma

About Oxton Court of Savannah

Savannah, Georgia is the oldest city in the state located on the Atlantic coast and is known for its beautifully historic downtown, including the Savannah Historic District, the Savannah Victorian District, and 22 park squares. It is one of the largest National Historic Districts in the US. With the variety of festivals and activities in Savannah, there is something for everyone

All inclusive pricing, no hidden level of care charges. A lovely home atmosphere that exudes general care and love for our residents.

Map of Oxton Court of Savannah