Silverado San Juan Capistrano

Overview of Ratings

4.0

September 27, 2012

By lizzkopp

By the time my grandmother moved into Silverado, her Alzheimer's disease was fairly advanced. She moved from a skilled nursing facility that did not address her needs properly to Silverado, which specializes in dementia/memory issue patients. I wished she had been able to take advantage of more of the available programs at Silverado. The staff appeared to understand how to deal with her advancing illness well. The Silverado staff members I encountered while visiting seemed to be very attentive to the residents. Every time I came to visit, my grandmother was participating or at least looking in on things around her. They have a collection of animal that sparked positive memories that my grandmother couldn't previously tap into. Outside in the courtyard there is also a small garden with labelled plants that proved to be a constructive talking point. On her birthday they set up a little party for her in one of the communal kitchen areas. Overall, my experience with Silverado was very positive.

December 23, 2011

By drspock

dangerous place for dementia care... i agree, very pricey... poor care.. and the place stunk to high heaven..keep looking...

December 08, 2011

By My Voice

My father with Alzheimer's was a resident in this very pricey facility. I live out of state, and was only able to visit every few months. On one visit, he was sitting outside in his wheelchair in the sun, with an obvious eye infection, unable to open his eyes. On another visit, he had signs of an obvious stroke - I was never notified. Despite the fact my father was able to walk, he was kept in a wheelchair, and never assisted with ambulation. At each of my visits, I showed the staff how to assist him with walking, and requested that they keep him mobile, they never did. Dad is now in a Board and Care, receiving much more personalized care.

Let Us Search For You

Save Stress

Photos of Silverado San Juan Capistrano

Features of Silverado San Juan Capistrano

About Silverado San Juan Capistrano

The skilled, compassionate memory care professionals at Silverado are dedicated to providing residents with the dignity and care they deserve while they enjoy the community's warm atmosphere. Comfortable surroundings and engagement activities designed with the needs of memory-impaired individuals in mind help ensure the goal of enriching the lives of both residents and their families.

Map of Silverado San Juan Capistrano