Providence Place | San Francisco, CA

2456 Geary Boulevard, San Francisco, CA, 94115

Reviews of Providence Place | San Francisco, CA

natashka5 August 29, 2011

Providence's home care services were recommended to us by our family doctor and since then I feel like our family has truly become part of the Providence family. We didn't really know how to handle my grandmother's declining health and had received varied advice from friends and family...I thank G-d every day we met Galina and Providence. For the two years my grandmother was in their care, the folks at Providence did not only provide hands-on care for my grandmother in her home, but they also were biggest advocate for her overall care. They have so much experience caring for seniors that they know just what to do when anything comes up. Whether it was taking grandma to doctors' appointments, taking her out to see her friends, cooking the food she likes, they always managed to do a great and reliable job. Thanks to them, our family could focus on our own day jobs, knowing our grandmother was well taken care of.

DrJames'Corner June 28, 2011

I used to run an adult day program in the Bay Area, and I referred people there. I've also toured Providence. This is a small, intimate facility that offer dementia care assisted living in a comfortable, homelike environment. It's upscale, intimate. And I believe they offer only shared rooms, though there might be one or two private rooms. They also offer respite care, which is a real plus to families looking for a break from in-home care. Another plus: It's located near a lot of medical services, like Kaiser and Mount Zion. And Providence collaborates closely with them and offers transportation to residents to and from doctors' appointments. Both the management and direct care staff are very good: very attentive and caring, all very professional. They have an RN, RVN, SWs--all well trained. The food is excellent, too. They have a certified chef and serve 24 hours. The only downsides I can think of: Parking can be a challenge (it's located on a busy street), and there aren't a lot of activities. Some of their residents attended my adult day program to fill in.

FormerACM June 10, 2011

Visited this facility

I visited this facility as a caseworker several times. Everytime I was there the residents seemed very well cared for and happy. The staff was very attentive to resident needs and even went so far as to point out potential family problems to the proper county employees. This shows care and affection for the residents and concern for their well being. Facility is clean and there seems to always be activities going on. Have asked residents about the food and they say it is very good. I would not hesitate to assist one of my loved ones to get into this facility.

Hookooejim March 08, 2011

Good Choice for Alzheimer's Care

I recently toured Providence Place with a friend who lives in the neighborhood and is thinking of moving her mom there. We spent more than an hour there and came away favorably impressed. PROS: - Friendly, appealing environment. The whole place has a warm, inviting vibe. Lots of photos of residents and artwork by residents on the walls, lots of personal items in residents' rooms, including stuffed animals. Lots of flowers and other nice touches in both rooms and throughout the facility. - We were there mid-morning, and we didn't see a single resident in her/his room. Everyone was up and about, engaged in activities of one sort or another. - Lots of smiles. The residents seemed reasonably happy, even though most of the people there had dementia. The staff also smiled, called the residents by name. Everyone knew one another and treated one another like family. - The activities themselves seemed good: exercise, strength training, manicures, knitting, music therapy, lots more. I watched one exercise class with about ten people with mild or moderate stage dementia, and the person leading the activities was awesome...high energy, very friendly. And she got them all involved. They were clearly having a good time. I also looked over the activities calendar for the week, and it was packed with good, appropriate activities. - Each bedroom had a bathroom, well set up for safety, comfortable (radiant heated floors), and clean. And the bedrooms themselves seemed very homey. Some had low-profile beds for those at risk of falling out of bed. - Nice lobby -- good for family members to visit with staff or residents. - Great views of San Francisco from many of the rooms. - The whole staff (those I met) seemed genuinely concerned with the residents and with keeping them happy and comfortable. CONS: - It's on a busy street in San Francisco. Parking is tough to find, especially when there's construction going on nearby. It can also be a little noisy when the front door is open. - The one, good outside garden area (where residents can sit and get fresh air) is accessible only by walking through one of the bedrooms. - It gets more expensive as the dementia worsens and the resident needs more care (reasonable to start out...pricey further down the line).

From Providence Place

Providence Place is a family operated memory care community specializing in personalized and loving care for adults with all forms of dementia, including Alzheimers. We care for residents from the beginning stages of dementia to end of life care so your loved ones don't need to be moved as their condition evolves.

Providence provides the highest level of professional care in a home-like environment. Providence was built specifically for the needs of adults with dementia. Residents live on different floors in "neighborhoods" according to their stage of disease. We are able to care for residents with difficult conditions.

We emphasize a community approach where residents are engaged in a large variety of activities throughout the day. Our on-site chef provides home-cooked meals and snacks. We are able to cater to the dietary needs of our residents as requested (including ethnic foods) or required medically.

We take great pride in the consistency of our caregiving.

Our caregivers and management have extensive experience with dementia and many have been with our community for a long time.

Provides takes a collaborative client-centered care approach. We work with families, doctors, other professionals and the resident to develop and execute a personalized care plan.

At Providence, we provide the highest quality of individual care so your loved ones can gracefully age in place.

Providence Place is a client-centered community that blends the recommendations of the family, the medical team, the resident and other professionals to deliver the highest quality personal care to each resident. We offer the benefits of customized and professional care in a home-like environment.

Features of Providence Place