Silverado Aspen Park

Overview of Ratings

4.5

October 07, 2012

By caring10041

One thing I like about Silverado Senior Living versus some of the smaller ones is that they have the group divided into earlier stages versus later stages. That was probably the most positive thing that I saw. It did felt like a big facility which may or may not be good if they really were able to keep track of where everyone is at. But to have the mobility, it's a positive. I wasn't sure about the animals in the facility, and I guess that could be a good thing. I only interacted with one person when I visited the facility. She was very friendly, very helpful, and did not act like she was in a hurry.

June 23, 2012

By sahenihp

I think this environment was overall good, and I really appreciated that it was well-lit by mostly natural light (many large windows). There was also a garden area in the middle of the compound. The aquarium in the front room and the assorted pets also made the environment much more home-like. Each client had a display case in front of their room to display personal effects, and I also thought this was very good. I think an assisted living facility should be as homelike as possible with varied environment and decor that does not detract from the functional aspects of the living space. Silverado in my opinion did a very good job of this. I think plants and animals make a huge positive addition to a facility like this and special care should be taken to achieve this standard. The staff was friendly to both visitors and clients alike, and seemed to genuinely love their jobs. The only reason I am rating this facility 4 stars is that I think there is still room for improvement in creating a living environment that does not feel like a hospital.

May 08, 2012

By Febart

Low staff turnover, caregivers very knowledgable on dementia patients, and very caring. A good facility if your loved one is not an easy dementia case.

December 08, 2011

By JollyRod

I really love this facility, my baba really loved it here before she passed. She felt like she was on vacation, but the homelike quality and the caring staff gave her a sense of stability. I never had to worry about her wandering and getting hurt due to the level of security this wonderful home provides. All of the staff, for the most part, was very friendly and took extra measures to show a depth of caring that really surprised our entire family. The only thing I could really detract from my glowing affection for the place would be the allowing of pets that bothered my baba a bit, she never was a big fan of pets due to living on a farm as she grew up and having to butcher animals now and again, other than that I would recommend this facility to any elder who suffers from dementia.

July 27, 2011

By jeffmchpn

The staff were uniformly polite and cooperative not only toward me, but more important, toward the residents. Personal touches, and a practical commitment to include personal items and furniture from residents' homes, soften the institutional setting. I went around the facility on my bicycle prior to my appointment with their representative, and was pleased to note outdoor activities and a garden, which I learned was cared for by residents. I was most impressed by a model that includes continuity of care through skilled nursing and/or home hospice.

June 24, 2011

By four

When my grandmother developed Alzheimers it was scary for the whole family. She had been staying at another assisted living facility for the past two years when her condition worsened. The place she was staying was not fit for her anymore unfortunately. The staff at Silverado were friendly and knew what we were going through. They were able to provide round-the-clock care, and keep us updated on how she was doing. She passed away about a year ago, and the staff kept us informed up until the end, and were helpful with the grieving process. I would personally recommend them to anyone in our situation.

June 24, 2011

By anonymous44

I know a resident at this facility who is a most enthusiastic lover of horses. In fact, she's more than once told me stories about herself as a girl living on a ranch. Of course, in her stories half the houses in Salt Lake weren't built yet and there were large sweeps of open farmland. This facility is perfect for her because they have pet therapy and she can once again be with her beloved horses. She loves to spend time petting them and talking to them, maybe more than she likes to talk to people even. Not that she doesn't have her share of admirers. The staff are always willing to listen to her stories. She's not up to riding the horses though, not that she hasn't tried, but she has tried to convince the staff to let her muck out stalls, something about the good old days. One way or another though, this facility has been excellent for her.

Photos of Silverado Aspen Park

Features of Silverado Aspen Park

About Silverado Aspen Park

The skilled, compassionate memory care professionals at Silverado are dedicated to providing residents with the dignity and care they deserve while they enjoy the community's warm atmosphere. Comfortable surroundings and engagement activities designed with the needs of memory-impaired individuals in mind help ensure the goal of enriching the lives of both residents and their families.

Map of Silverado Aspen Park