Brookstone Alzheimer's Special Care Center

5881 Woodside Dr SE, Salem, OR, 97301

Reviews of Brookstone Alzheimer's Special Care Center

Stephanie S. November 30, 2015

I chose Brookstone for my husband. The administrator was very helpful and gave me good information. It was very nice. They had a process where they took the patient's life history and they would build that into different things so the person would feel at home. The room was nice. The place itself was warm and inviting. It felt very comfortable. It had different levels, so you could be in an earlier stage or you could be all the way up to end of life.

BT1 November 30, 2015

Brookstone employees are very caring. The residents is always clean, groomed and always involved with activities or other people.

Susan119201250 November 07, 2015

Brandy is the manager, and since she has been at Brookstone, I would give them a 5-star rating. The place is clean and does not smell. My husband has received very good care!

Thank you so much! I am happy to be back and take great pride in our community!

Sharon Slabaugh November 07, 2015

If you are looking for a memory care facility, you should consider Brookstone. They are a long-established, full-service facility with a professional and caring staff. There is a comfortable feeling of home, and the resident's family is welcome at any time. I know when I leave at the end of the day, my husband is being well taken care of and is safe which gives me peace of mind.

That you so very much! It is our pleasure!

Caring110153250 April 30, 2015

The quality of services in the facility are excellent. The staff is caring and loving towards people and know what needs to be done!

kakkak51 May 03, 2012

This facility is better than 90% of what we toured when we were looking. It is relatively new with nice decore and cheery common areas. The staff are very compassionate and treat the residents, no matter their condition, with dignity and respect. They provide lots of activities and a daily schedule for residents.They pursue activites that get the residents perhaps remembering about their own lives- cooking, gardening, sewing, folding clothes, exercise, dance, music, mens group. Lots of groups come in to visit: church groups, musical, children and scout groups, pets come too. The facility also does outside excursions and short day trips in their van.Mom feels safe and happy there. It is now her home.Sometimes management staff has been difficult to get issues resolved. We have had better luck with the middle and care giver staff. Issues have been: roommate problems (too aggressive), missing clothing items, food has not always been the greatest- but now is pretty good.Years ago (70s) I worked in nursing homes and this facility is head and shoulders above what we provided in those days. A much better sense of the patient as an individual.

From Brookstone Alzheimer's Special Care Center

Often the mental demands of those struggling with Alzheimer's disease can take over the emotional needs. But at JEA Senior Living, we keep the emotional needs and feelings of your loved one at the very center of what we do.

Our exclusive Meaningful Moments® program is specifically designed to help meet the needs of those Residents with memory loss. We begin by discovering the life story of each individual's likes, dislikes and cherished memories. By adding details and preferences from each Resident's life story into their day, we can build comfort and a sense of meaning for each individual Resident. The result is a familiar atmosphere for your loved one.

Our Residents have access to a whole host of amenities and programming options to help keep them active and engaged in daily life.

There are excursions to restaurants and shopping, arts and crafts classes, movie nights and many chances for family and holiday celebrations. Our Meaningful Moments® program, paired with our active and engaged staff members at JEA Senior Living, brings together the very best Alzheimer's care.

We offer a unique memory care program called Meaningful Moments; this foundation brings the residents past routines and preferences into their daily lives which then promotes feelings of security and comfort. We offer a special meals program featuring special diets served six times daily and a regional menu with local fare created by a Registered Dietitian. We bring in home health services ( physical, occupational and speech therapies) as needed. Visits from podiatrist and dental hygienist, and a Medical Director who specializes in dementia and lectures at OHSU.

Features of Brookstone Alzheimer's Special Care Center