Somerford Place of Roseville

110 Sterling Court, Roseville, CA, 95661

Reviews of Somerford Place of Roseville

March 22, 2016

By Daughter-in-law 1011

Somerford Place of Roseville was on a nice, secluded street. It was outdated and a lot older than some of the ones that I have seen, but it was clean. The staff was nice and gave us a lot of information for trying to deal with the situation, which I appreciated. Some of the rooms were nice but looked a little smaller than what I would have anticipated.

Thank you for your visit to our community. I’m pleased to hear that our staff was helpful in providing ideas and information to you. At Somerford Place of Roseville, we realize that every resident is unique and we do our best to help all residents and their families with resources and placement. Regarding room size, we do offer three different bedroom giving families options for the very best fit. Overall, our interior is designed to allow residents to safely navigate throughout their home. Thank you for your review of our community and know that I can be reached at the community if you have any questions.

Judy Rodriguez, Executive Director

March 08, 2015

By Nancy103165850

My mother was in Somerford Place in Roseville. The floor plan was really great, but their staffing was just not good at all. They have very low staffing, and finding the staff person was very difficult. The food was fine, but they didn't have that many activities especially for the people in memory care. They had activities, but when everybody went to the activity it became too overwhelming for a lot of the residents. They didn't have the options for smaller groups. The rooms are fine and adequate. I like their floor plan, but I was upset about the staffing ratio. They need more staff, and they need more caring staff to interact with the residents.

Thank you for your feedback regarding Somerford Place. Since we are a memory care community, we strive to make a difference for our residents by ensuring that all of our activity programming is specifically designed to meet the unique needs of each person. We accomplish this by providing a variety of small and large group activities each day in both our Lifestyles room and the individual cottages utilizing our Bridge to Rediscovery Program. Our staff is devoted to care, medication management, nursing, and activities. There is care staff assigned to each cottage around the clock as well as care staff assigned to float between the cottages to provide extra support. Although there may be times that a resident or a family member has to wait briefly for a staff member who is tending to another resident’s needs, we do realize that all resident needs are important and validated. Our staff is trained to prioritize and utilize their two-way radios to facilitate immediate attention when necessary.

Thank you, again, for bringing your concerns to our attention. We appreciate you sharing your observations. Please feel free to contact me directly so we can discuss your concerns in more detail.

Judy Rodrigues, Somerford Place of Roseville

October 17, 2014

Somerford is very nice, but once again you don’t want to pay for it. They do have an Adult Day Care Program that I looked at for my mom. The facility is absolutely beautiful; it looks more like you’ve walked into a hotel and one of the reasons I looked at it is because they also do respite care. They offer a program that offers socialization, they do brain and physical fitness -- either in a wheelchair or standing -- and they do what they call a current events time. The only problem is the price as it is expensive.

February 28, 2014

By Diana30

I have already placed my dad at Somerford Place of Roseville. He moved in there last December 2013. We chose this because it was extremely clean and they seemed to be very organized. The cleanliness of this place is extremely important to us. Also they are geared towards issues with memory challenges and they are affordable. The facility is built in a way that it is circular so that the patients have secured outside facilities. They also provide a very nice environment for them. They have activities all day long for their patients. Food is excellent; my father loves it. It has only been almost two months since he moved in, but I would give them a 5. One time we did have a concern, but they addressed it immediately. Also my father is adjusting there very well.

Photos of Somerford Place of Roseville

• Renal

• Staff Patient Ratio: 7 To 1

• Licenses: RCFE #: 317001341, Adult Day Care #: 317001344

About Somerford Place of Roseville

At Somerford Place, we understand the challenges for those living with memory loss and for the people who love them. Providing care and support twenty-four hours a day takes a great amount of energy, emotional strength and a great deal of support. Our award-winning Bridge to Rediscoveryâ„¢ program helps give people with Alzheimer's and other types of dementias the specialized care they need as they rediscover the joy in everyday life. We have day, overnight and live-in options to fit any of your needs.

Somerford Place of Roseville is conveniently located just blocks away from Kaiser Medical Center. The beautiful, internal courtyards allows residents to enjoy the outdoors in a safe and secure environment. Somerford Place proudly offers the award winning Bridge to Rediscovery program. Bridge to Rediscovery is Montessori based, helping individuals learn through meaningful, hands-on activities. This innovative approach helps the individual find purpose again by striving for and celebrating small successes each day.

Map of Somerford Place of Roseville