Sunshine Care

Reviews of Sunshine Care

May 09, 2017

By shanyn

Other

Sunshine Care is the most unique community to service Memory Care. They can manage the needs of their residents on every level so they can age in place. The care staff and management is outstanding!!! Sunshine Care is privately owned so everyone knows exactly who your loved one is, and what is going on with their care. You will never have to cold call a toll free number and give 5 minutes of background to get your question answered. Everyone from the Care Manager, Nurse and even the Executive Director Michelle is directly accessible . Once you tour and compare the market, Sunshine Care is the only answer to ensure your loved one is cared for as if they were the staff’s own family member!

May 21, 2016

By WinchellIOLGS

Sunshine Care was good. The staff seemed very good and knowledgeable, and the facility seemed like a good option for my mom. I don't have any problems with them. The thing that concerned us the most was the activities. There wasn’t a big push to have activities for them although there were some. The rooms seemed to be in pretty good shape overall.

January 24, 2015

By Cheryl104977150

We moved my mom into Sunshine Care. The people were so caring and so attentive, and they did what they said they were going to do. They were there when they said they were going to be there, they sent the nurse out to evaluate mom, and she was fabulous with her. The facility itself is very clean, and very bright, which is very interesting because Sunshine is in their name, and the walls are even painted yellow but they are light and bright, and they have thought of everything. They have posters up on the wall that says -- the season is winter, the month is January, the day is so and so, it is cool outside, the next holiday is Martin Luther King Jr. holiday and things like that. They even have a program where they bring the kids up from the Montessori school that is right down the street from them, assign these kids to a person, and give them a project. My mom and these three little kids had a project to do together, and then they have a snack together. They have a variety of placements; they have the home where there are six people in a home and a caregiver, and they have a 24-bed facility that is basically kind of locked down where the beds are alarmed and the bedroom doors are kept locked and there are 24 people there. That is where we actually moved my mom at first because we were not sure if she was going to come out of this. But she did so well, she was there for a month, and then they moved her into one of their homes where she is now living with six other people and a caregiver, and the home is so beautiful. It is warm, the environment is homey and friendly, and I couldn't be more pleased. It is really a God send. There is so much more warmth in the home because it has a carpet, they have a fireplace, and they keep the fire going. They are taking them out to picnics and out to Poway Park. Once or twice a week, they'd take them down to their activity center, bring in fresh flowers, give each one a bundle of flowers, and have them make a bouquet or have them make an arrangement. It is something new all the time. It is heavenly. I am so pleased to have found something I love for my mom, and she is happy there.

July 19, 2014

By jbdiego

I moved my mom here a few months ago. The staff is amazing and caring, the food is great, there are tons of activities, the place is spotless (no funny smells), the ranch homes feel like home with warm furnishings and great gardens with views. The more advanced care homes are bright, light and inviting. I looked at many memory care places in San Diego county over the last few years. All felt like institutions and the caregivers seem to just go through the motions of moving residents around. Sunshine Care treats the residents as if they were part of their family (actually better.) Dementia/Alzheimer's if difficult to handle in any setting. These people know how to make the best out of a challenging situation. I am putting in my will that if I develop dementia in my golden years, I want to go here - I do not want my family moving me anywhere else. This will be my decision. The pricing is very reasonable compared to other places. Most services are included in the monthly fee.

May 23, 2014

By Galen Royer

My aunt resided at Sunshine Care for a number of years and recently passed away quietly there attended by the most loving, caring people I have ever met. She was an Alzheimer's sufferer. Only someone who has experienced a loved one in that situation can really understand or appreciate how awful it really is for everyone. Caring for such a person is a difficult and daunting task and it is not for amateurs, no matter how loving they are. Everyone at Sunshine is a complete professional. Residents receive constant attention and never once have I witnessed any impatience with residents from anyone of the staff. They are all loving, kind, patient and very competent. Special thanks to MaryJane, Paulette and Michelle. Management has always been completely frank and truthful about every phase of my aunt's condition and treatment. Cost for this exemplary care in a beautiful facility is much more affordable than any other facility I have seen. And between my mother and my aunt, I have seen quite a few. I received continuous updates on my aunt's condition. Transportation and escort to doctor's when necessary and in-house visits were prompt and efficient. You won't find a better place or a finer group of people than Sunshine Care in Poway, CA.

October 17, 2013

Sunshine Care houses seniors in small groups. My mother-in-law is actually living with six people and I think that's the gist. The food is good, the rooms are a nice size, and it's very clean.

Photos of Sunshine Care

Features of Sunshine Care

• Pets: No Pets Allowed

About Sunshine Care

Welcome to Sunshine Care, a community of Alzheimer care, dementia care, and memory care homes like no other in San Diego County. A unique alternative for Assisted Living. Here, we provide the highest quality of personalized care in a comfortable and reassuring “at-home” environment. Your loved one is not just a resident, but also a cherished member of the Sunshine Care family.

Located at the base of the spectacular Green Mountains on 32-acres in Poway, CA (North San Diego County near Rancho Bernardo, Rancho Penasquitos, San Diego & Escondido), Sunshine Care offers intimate living, with the features and amenities found in luxury settings. Both our state-of-the-art memory care facility and upscale private ranch-style homes are designed with all the creature comforts in mind, enabling residents to move about freely and safely.

We value each individual’s desire to maintain a sense of independence, while providing the necessary care and attention he or she needs to live life to the fullest.

Map of Sunshine Care