Pacific Gardens Alzheimer's Special Care Center

17309 NE Glisan Street, Portland, OR, 97230

Reviews of Pacific Gardens Alzheimer's Special Care Center

July 21, 2015

By Peggy110250450

Pacific Gardens Alzheimer's Special Care Center looked OK. They seemed to be a little confused and scattered there. The gal that was supposed to be showing us around somehow didn’t have any idea we were coming. She was fussed because they were doing their Mother’s Day tea that afternoon, and that was on her mind. She was having a hard time tending to business, but the facility looked quite pleasant. It seemed like it had better connections among the residents in the way things are set up.

January 09, 2015

By notsohappy1

I observed so many disturbing tings on my many visits. Employees in the evenings would put the residents in their rooms early then lounge on the couches on their cell phones. On one occasion I noticed a worker bringing food home. I was also in my moms room and she went out tor a walk and was told to go back to her room.the activities scheduled happened once in the 27 days my mom wad there. When we gave notice about taking my mom out the staff was very rude to us. We received a bill a month after we took my mom out and we were overcharged.

January 03, 2015

By toscakoa

I was taken out of Pacific Gardens for many reasons. First they tried to give me the wrong medication, next they didnt bathe me for 10 days. The employees are always on their cell phones. The food is poor quality. Backgroud chesks were not very through.

December 14, 2011

By Margaret Kirk

My comment is brief due to my living on the other side of the country. My mother has been at Pacific Gardens for over 2 years. I have been able to visit her twice. She and I are very close but circumstances led to us living far apart. I am amazed at how wonderful the staff and facilities of Pacific Gardens are. We feel blessed to have our mother with them. You can have complete confidence in having your loved ones there too. Please feel free to contact me for more information.

August 05, 2011

By A Hospital Social Worker

This is an assisted living and memory care facility located in east Portland, next to a church, partially obscured by trees. There is an obscure sign marking it, so the first time you look for it, you may drive by. The building itself is very clean and sturdy, completely free of smells, with homey touches such as flowers all around. The rooms, most of them private, are always immaculate, and of an adequate size that fits a bed and a couple dressers, with shared baths. Outside each room is some biographical information posted about each resident, which seems to help the staff get to know them. The staff seems friendly. The care is good, too"”the providers are very in tune with residents' care and condition. While there has recently been a turnover at the helm, and the new director seems genuinely committed to the residents and takes time to get to know the residents. Most are free to roam around; the staff is present, but not on their tails. And there are alarm systems in place for monitoring and safety. Because the director of nursing and executive director seem so alert, the residents seem safe at all times. In many facilities, the staff seems to forget about the residents' charts and paperwork, but not here. The care conferences are very thorough, with good communication with both the family members and outside caregivers. The scheduled activities include birthday parties, arts and crafts, pet therapy dogs, but nothing aimed directly at enhancing memory. There is music therapy, though, which is wildly popular. Some residents play the piano, and there is a constant karaoke going on; residents frequently forget their family members, but will amazing remember every word to a song they knew long ago. There is also a locked courtyard, where residents can go with some staff assistance. The cost is somewhat less expensive than other facilities in the area.

Photos of Pacific Gardens Alzheimer's Special Care Center

• Minimum Age: None
  • Pets: No Pets Allowed

• State Licenses: 1619640528

About Pacific Gardens Alzheimer's Special Care Center

Often the mental demands of those struggling with Alzheimer's disease can take over the emotional needs. But at JEA Senior Living, we keep the emotional needs and feelings of your loved one at the very center of what we do.

Our exclusive Meaningful Moments® program is specifically designed to help meet the needs of those Residents with memory loss. We begin by discovering the life story of each individual's likes, dislikes and cherished memories. By adding details and preferences from each Resident's life story into their day, we can build comfort and a sense of meaning for each individual Resident. The result is a familiar atmosphere for your loved one.

Our Residents have access to a whole host of amenities and programming options to help keep them active and engaged in daily life.

There are excursions to restaurants and shopping, arts and crafts classes, movie nights and many chances for family and holiday celebrations. Our Meaningful Moments® program, paired with our active and engaged staff members at JEA Senior Living, brings together the very best Alzheimer's care.

Meaningful Moments - Our distinctive program takes a holistic approach to caring for our Residents. The Meaningful Moments program philosophy emphasizes: Becoming familiar with each Resident's unique life story, Honoring the Resident as an individual, Recognizing that we care for the whole person- Physically, socially, emotionally and spiritually, Creating a partnership of caring that includes the Resident, family and staff, Understanding that a person living with dementia can continue to experience life in a meaningful way. We have many team members who have been here 10 plus years delivering excellent service to our residents and families.

Map of Pacific Gardens Alzheimer's Special Care Center