Brookdale Plymouth

15855 22nd Avenue North, Plymouth, MN, 55447

Reviews of Brookdale Plymouth

December 10, 2014

By LotsofCaring

I had a family member who lived here. Overall they're Ok but I think the facility is too big and poorly manages. When loved ones become more vulnerable and can't speak up for themselves it gets worse. We were not happy. Things were stolen, lost, etc. The director didn't seem to care. When my family member was injured they couldn't seem to keep it straight how to care for her and I got mixed messages all the time from various staff. I think in general there are a lot of good folks there, but it is poorly managed.

We deeply regret that we were unable to meet your expectations. We want to thank you for your feedback and please know it will be reviewed and used to better serve our residents and their families in the future.

October 11, 2014

By Sandy43

Other

I was looking for a memory care facility for my mother with Alzheimers, the person that helped me was very knowledgeable of facility....it was able to see to my mothers needs medically and physically. I was very pleased with information she was able to give, and I shared this with my family. Unfortunately the majority of my family lives 2 hours west of here and they wanted my mother to be closer to them.

July 10, 2014

By care for mom

Do not believe all they tell you. We had many problems getting staff to follow diet (no dairy) and not serve her foods she hated. Some meals looked unattractive, sometimes there was no milk or creamer for residents requesting it. Room was lovely, looked out on a courtyard. We planted flowers outside window but courtyard was sadly neglected, weeds, shrubs needing trim, empty planters. Some staff were incredibly kind and attentive, others not so. Getting call lights answered was an issue. Shower room was too cold and no temp controls in patient rooms. Ours was cold in winter so we put plastic over the window to keep it warmer. Not sure I would place a loved one here again.

August 14, 2013

By caring2309

The rooms at Clare Bridge are really good. The staff were friendly and informative, but I just think they need to redecorate the place because it looks old.

June 19, 2013

By Barbara35

If we only need dementia care, then Clare bridge of Plymouth at 22nd avenue is our first choice. That was beautiful. It is small, the staff knows all the residents, and they call them by name. It is just a really lovely place and very caring staff. My sister-in-law also had met the lady that headed the staff in one of the seminars about Alzheimer's that she attended, so that helped as well. The rooms were small and cozy, and the facility went around in a kind of semi-circle, so there is no way you could ever get lost. It was just very well done.

February 17, 2012

By HollyDolly

I was a short term volunteer at this facility. I found that the staff was incredibly nice and helpful. They seemed to enjoy their job and being around the residents. The staff was also very easy to work with and provided me with training. The amenities were better than expected and the facilities provided residents with many important activities for daily life. The facility has a great atmosphere with a 'town center' and faux places for the residents to go to such as an 'ice cream shop.' I liked this freedom and liberty it gave the residents as they need to maintain as much individuality and freedom as possible although they may not be able to live on their own. I also found that the staff knew every resident very well and specifically so that if they were having any issues or problems, they were easily and properly assisted. My favorite part was the comradeship that flourished while I was there. Many of the residents that wanted to continue to create and maintain relationships did, because it was available to them. In the town center, at the same time everyday, many of the residents enjoyed getting together, exchanging stories and playing cards or other games. I enjoyed being a part of this. The other great aspect of the facility was the high level security. It was very secure and all visitors had to sign in as well as be buzzed into the facility. I found this to be very impressive yet very important. The residents need to be and feel safe as many cannot fend for themselves.

January 07, 2012

By Sunny1

The facilities in this place are superb when coming to the assistance, each and every 3 persons have an assistant and there will be no problems with any of the people living there. They are served for the best, I have visited some of the assisted livings in Chicago i dont feel that they are that much good when compared with the place here, I really like the people and the management over there.

January 04, 2012

By commercesd

While visiting a friend of mine in the Minnesota area, I was asked to accompany him on his quest to visit some assisted living facilities in the area. He wanted to visit Clare Bridge of Plymouth "“ since it is located near some of his friends and family in nearby Robbinsdale, MN. My friend has early Alzheimer's and dementia "“ so was relieved that this facility offers this kind of care for its residents. Up until recently, he always had an active lifestyle. We could see from the care provided here that he would be able to be as active as possible. They offer a variety of interesting and stimulating activities for their residents. Each person is handled individually and carefully evaluated for his or her needs. The housing offered ranges from studios to larger apartments and all were nicely designed and decorated. They offer to help personalize to your tastes, which is really nice. All units have individual temperature controls and most have a patio or balcony. The health and wellness program was most impressive, including sports, exercise, classes and activities that involve plenty of walking. This is really important to my friend "“ and he will really appreciate what they have to offer here. We could see why the food choices and options were so good once we found out about its Culinary Arts Institute. They take the time to teach the chefs who service their facilities about enhanced food preparation and presentation "“ something that is unique to them. Neither me or my friend has ever seen a facility of this type that has gone to such lengths to ensure the satisfaction of its residents as to food and nutrition. The surroundings were all comfortable, including the grounds "“ which were well-kept and made to encourage participation. They even take the time to design familiar environments so that residents can easily adapt. We liked that they encourage those with dementia to adapt, rather than restrict their residents. Because of the exceptional care that we saw at this facility and the above-average offerings "“ my friend is placing this facility at the top of his list for consideration.

Features of Brookdale Plymouth

• Coffee Shop
  • Features Extra: Library

• Licenses: Minnesota Class F

About Brookdale Plymouth

At Brookdale Plymouth we know that memory losses due to Alzheimer's disease and other forms of dementia are progressive and residents' needs are continually changing. That's why we provide balance in our residents' capabilities, personalities, and preferences to create daily routines that enhance their spirits and increase their sense of purpose. We believe the amount of satisfaction our Alzheimer's and dementia care residents receive from the tasks that fill their days goes a long way to maintaining their sense of purpose and overall satisfaction with life. An integral part of this is our promise to encourage each resident to find Daily Moments of Success. To help our residents achieve these moments, our associates receive the tools and training needed in such key areas as specialized dining and the ongoing monitoring of healthcare and behavioral needs, to name a few.

We provide Alzheimer's and dementia care residents with the lifestyle, housing, and services they need in comfortable surroundings combined with the amenities, programs, and care to help stimulate recognition, recall, and wellness in a safe environment. Through years of caring for individuals with dementia, our professional care staff has learned to create optimal surroundings and approaches to care. Familiar environments that our residents have enjoyed throughout their lives are recreated to help them feel reassured and comfortable. The Alzheimer's and dementia care programs at Brookdale Plymouth are built to embrace, not restrict our residents' desire to wander and to provide a sense of belonging.

A supooritve community that is dedicated to memory care: early, mid and late stages.

Map of Brookdale Plymouth