Pacifica Senior Living Peoria

Reviews of Pacifica Senior Living Peoria

4.5

June 27, 2014

By Caring85198450

My wife will be moving to Pacifica on the 28th. They have cottages with 10 people per cottage. They’re undergoing a $33M renovation, and this is the first cottage that’s finished. There is a dining room and living room area with TV in every cottage. They’re enclosed; the only lock is on the outside fence. There’s no lock except the outside doors, as opposed to the a lot of places that have interior locks between halls. This is just completely open. Each cottage has a patio that’s like the old Western stuff where they have a big veranda or porch. There are individual bathrooms in every room as opposed to communal showers. The staff treated me exceptionally well. They’ve got some experienced caregivers. One lady has 11 years in there, so I guess it can’t be too bad. They take people shopping and they took them to the butterfly museum. Most of the residents I saw during the two times I was there seemed like happy campers, which is as much as you can expect from Alzheimer’s patients. They also had an ice cream/root beer social, and everybody was having a good time.

February 26, 2014

By Disappointment

I was impressed with Pacifica but they couldn’t accept my father. The lady I was working with, Divia, went out of her to help us understand some of what was going on with the disease and with my father. The facility was set up in cottage type situations, the residents have their own bedrooms but there were common areas like, a kitchen area with a staff round the clock. It had a home like setting and feel. I would recommend that others check it out for their family member.

September 24, 2013

By Harold8

My wife had her respite care at Pacifica Senior Living and she was comfortable there. The facility was very clean. They put her in the appropriate level and she fit in with the activities that they had.

July 14, 2013

By RitaS

My sister & I thought the facility was very nicely laid out. The employees were friendly and pleasant. We found out that many of them had been there a long time, which was nice to hear. The cottages house only 15 people each, so the caregivers get to know the residents better. It is also a continuing care facility, so as our Mom gets weaker, she is placed in a higher care cottage all the way through to hospice. They accept state aide, if that is needed in the future.

June 29, 2011

By leezee

When my father in law was diagnosed with onset dementia, it was both devastating and a relief in that, finally we knew why he was doing and acting in some of the ways he was. It is such a complex issue that my husband and I, including his siblings, could only try to rationalize, without knowing why. Once diagnosed, it was he who said, "Well, I'm probably going to need some help." My husbands sister and brother flew down to Arizona from Washington three weekends in a row to help scout and tour facilities. As the child of a person diagnosed with dementia, care is of the utmost concern, good quality care in a place you can trust because you can't, regardless of what you think, be there 24 hours a day. The first weekend out we toured about six facilities. Encore was one of them. We all agreed instantly to fall in love with the cottage-type settings, how they grouped residents with the same needs or should I say, level of care, together. My father in law was in the early stages (onset) and was still doing a lot of things on his own. He still liked shopping and reading books and magazines, still loved playing with his cats and taking walks. He's in his mid-eighties and you'd think he was in his sixties. What I also liked, personally, was Encore's "color coordination" of rooms/cottages. Bushes and bright green trees everywhere. Staff EVERYWHERE. Smiling staff at that, people who seemed well educated and caring. Sometimes when a person chooses to work in this field, frustration seems like a better term. I didn't meet, come across or speak to one person who seemed frustrated. There seemed to be enough staff around so one over many doesn't take the full burden. Tons of family resources and a brochure that names names. Which I also like. If you have an issue with any certain aspect, you have the exact director/facilitators name. Friendly place! p.s. The office gal is a doll. Really explains everything and knows her stuff.

Questions About Pacifica Senior Living Peoria

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Dementia care training starts at orientation and continues throughout the staffs’ tenure. Onboarding includes 26 hours of Dementia and Assisted Living care training with 3 – 5 days of hands-on training. Ongoing training is comprised of computer-based learning (8 additional hours per year); hands-on live classroom training (4 hours per year); and monthly in-service events led by the registered nurse, executive director, or a third party vendor.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

Our cottages are staffed according to the care needs of the residents on each 8 hour shift.

What programs or activities does Pacifica Senior Living Peoria offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

We offer our Legacies Memory Care Program which we strive to touch on 7 areas of each residents life through spiritual, physical, reminiscent, cognitive, music, life skill, and outdoor activities, which we call the daily 7.

Our Resident Care Director assesses each resident every 90 days and as needed with healthcare changes.

What techniques does Pacifica Senior Living Peoria use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

We are able to encourage residents throughout the meal to eat, and we are also able to feed residents if needed. We also play soft music during the mealtime to provide a calm environment.

How does Pacifica Senior Living Peoria keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

We are in contact with our families on a daily basis and inform their loved ones with each change or concern.

Describe the neighborhood around Pacifica Senior Living Peoria. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

We are located in a very nice quiet residential neighborhood.

Is Pacifica Senior Living Peoria affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

Photos of Pacifica Senior Living Peoria

Features of Pacifica Senior Living Peoria

• Minimum Memory Cost: $4475/month

• Pets: No Pets Allowed

• State Licenses: AL6980

About Pacifica Senior Living Peoria

At Pacifica Senior Living Peoria, we provide expert memory care in Peoria, AZ, including services for individuals with Alzheimer's disease, dementia or related memory impairments. Being in a warm and comfortable yet specialized environment allows residents to thrive to the best of their abilities. From cozy rooms, to peaceful gardens and home-cooked meals, you have peace of mind knowing your loved one is at a home away from home at our Peoria memory care community.

Map of Pacifica Senior Living Peoria