Heritage of Overland Park

10101 W 127th Street, Overland Park, KS, 66213

Reviews of Heritage of Overland Park

September 30, 2014

By Mary91600950

My husband is in The Heritage. We chose it because I liked the ratio of the caregivers. I think they are very professional, and they help my husband settle in. He seems happy as he can be. It is new. I think is it is three or four years old. It is beautiful. I think they have 16 residents per building. Each building has its own patio area, which is quite pretty. It is not extravagant, but is very comfortable and homey. The neighborhood is good. The meals are okay. They offer daily activities. My husband went on a museum tour yesterday. He is in an exercise class, but he is not normally interested in exercise class. They do a lot of cooking, and arts and crafts, but he is just not into that. However, I think they do a good job.

August 30, 2012

By joe choi

My grandmother stayed at this facility after her stroke. At this senior living facility, I was amazed at how much elegance was present and how well each senior was cared for. With oldies music playing in the background along with old style furniture, I have no reason to believe that a senior could hate it. The facility is beautiful and there are many amenities for the elderly. There is a big living area for all the elderly to gather and socialize or watch t.v. The facility was kept clean and everyone was very calm and relaxed. Seemed like it was a nice quiet place for anyone to live in. The staff was very welcoming and made sure that she and the family were aware with the variety of services the facility had to offer. When my grandmother needs help, they are quick to respond and always provide an adequate level of service in order to meet her needs and ensure her safety. Several activities are available to residents, and the food is good. I loved the fact that the utilities were included in the total charge for a room and it is overall a wonderful place. I would recommend it to anyone in the area.

Photos of Heritage of Overland Park

Features of Heritage of Overland Park

• Pharma

• Diabetic
  • Low Fat
  • Low Salt
  • Vegetarian

About Heritage of Overland Park

Thank you for your interest in The Heritage of Overland Park!

Based on a foundation of customer service, associate satisfaction, and community, The Heritage is proving to be the premier provider of Alzheimer’s and memory care services in the metro Kansas City/Johnson County area. Our mission is to care for a special group of seniors who are dealing with the effects of Alzheimer’s or other forms of memory disorders. We strive to make every day the best it can be for each resident through our unique and innovative approaches.

Our customer service program is custom-tailored for each resident, based on his or her needs and desires. We are not a 'one-size-fits-all' facility. Our program not only provides for life’s necessities, but also encourages positive relationships among the residents, family members and our associates, creating a community that offers a quality of life unmatched by other facilities.

Associate satisfaction is a key element of The Heritage. We choose our associates based on their innate abilities and high caliber skills, enabling them to make a positive difference in our residents’ lives. These professionals are truly responsible for the specialized care provided to our residents and their families. Our associates are positive people, happy to be working with us here, and are what really differentiate this senior care community from others. I strongly encourage you to meet and visit with them as you get to know The Heritage.

Community is our term for that sense of being at home with family and friends. This comfortable feeling is the essence of what we are striving to accomplish at The Heritage. Our residents live with dignity and purpose, in an enjoyable community of family involvement, with the support and care of professionals.

Again, thank you for your interest in The Heritage of Overland Park. We know that you are preparing to make an important decision. We would welcome the opportunity to help you to be assured that your loved one will make the most of each and every day.

Philosophy

In each of our Heritage homes, we embrace a holistic philosophy throughout every area of service and adhere to a person-centered approach that incorporates the specific needs of each resident. We consider the many different dimensions that make up who they are as an individual and then look for ways to support, encourage, and engage then in those areas.

Enriching Life

At The Heritage, we believe that people with dementia are just that…PEOPLE…people with individual strengths, abilities, interests and desires. Our philosophy of care focuses on creating an environment that is not only comfortable and enjoyable but also offers meaning and purpose.

Personalized Attention

Because every person is unique, our belief is that there is no “cookie cutter” approach to supporting individuals with dementia. Getting to know our residents at a personal level enables us to create a life and a home where people feel loved and have an opportunity to thrive. Paying close attention to their overall health and having medical oversight is a key part of our residents care.

Customer Service

Customer service is at the top of everything we do and tailored to each resident based on their needs and desires. Our amenities and services not only provide for life’s necessities, but also encourage positive relationships among our residents, their families and our associates. The Heritage was created to ensure that those seniors dealing with various forms of dementia have the encouragement, support and ability to live an active and meaningful life.

Services and Amenities

• Newly constructed, state-of-the-art community
  • Private rooms with private baths
  • 24-hour staffing
  • Licensed nursing care
  • Dining / Eating assistance
  • Daily social and recreational programs
  • Emotional / Behavioral programs
  • 3 delicious meals and snacks provided daily
  • Group transportation
  • Coordination of pharmacy services
  • On-site medical services

The Heritage of Overland Park was thoughtfully built to create a warm, nurturing, home-like atmosphere. Every detail of how our homes are designed and every aspect of what we do is specifically planned to provide the “specialized service” for those who are living with Alzheimer’s disease and other related memory impairments. Give us a call and schedule a tour…you won’t be sorry.

Map of Heritage of Overland Park