Brookdale Olympia West

420 Yauger Way South West, Olympia, WA, 98502

Reviews of Brookdale Olympia West

October 26, 2013

By ilovegpa

Do not send family member to this facility. We were charged five hundred extra dollars because they had to feed my Grandfather, yet he always had food all over his face and clothes. They neglect their residents. It is hard to ever find a nurse or CNA when visiting. They left my Grandfather with no shoes on only socks when he is a fall risk and the floor was hardwood. If you try to set up an appointment to meet with the administration about your concerns they will cancel on you for no good reason. Nurses are extremely rude and not helpful. The staffing changes constantly. I have kept records of when I see neglect and plan to report them to APS. I strongly suggest finding another home for your loved one.

August 13, 2013

By Judy37

I went to visit Clare Bridge of Olympia because I looking for a place for my husband. The only problem was that they did not have the staffing level that I wanted.

April 12, 2013

By hardworker

I FEEL THE STAFF CHANGES ALL THE TIME, TE DIRECTOR NEVER IS AVAILABLE, SHOWERS AND TRIMMING NAILS ARENT DONE OFTEN ENOUGH, I ALWAYS HAVE TO ASK IT TO BE DONE

July 06, 2012

By Ryan9989

My visits to Clare Bridge of Olympia were always pleasure filled. The one of a kind staff is always willing to go above and beyond to make it's residents and visitors feel more than welcome. It is a newer facility with vibrant colors and spacious rooms which makes it feel very lively. They allow you to have small pets which may be a problem for some people but my Grandmother loved having her dog with her. Another great thing they have is activities you the whole family can enjoy making for a all around great visit!

July 01, 2012

By Jessica.J

I have come in contact with many of the staff that would in this facility. They encourage Life Enrichment with these seniors and take the seniors out on sight seeing tours every Saturday. As well as conduct movie and comedy nights. The people who live here seem overall happy and to enjoy their space that is provided. The family is encouraged to make the residents rooms as comfortable as possible and are allowed to bring in decorations and televisions for loved ones.

June 28, 2012

By Kat3

The best way to describe my visit in this facility was I was pleasingly surprised of the good interaction. I was not able to tour the grounds but from the inside it looks nice. I think if you want to go outside you can just call out to a staff and they will assist you. However, I saw two bench areas where you can sit down. We saw three rooms. The first one was called Emily, it was their show room. All amenities were there and you can even take out the bed and bring your own. The second room was a shared bedroom by two women. It was unkept but that's understandable because it was accommodated. I also saw the residents doing an exercise. They were sitting in a chair with a leader in front. The administrator also mingles with the residents pretty well.

May 09, 2012

By stevoman75

This Facility seemed fantastic the few times I was there. They were very helpful and friendly at the front desk whenever I went. They have some activities for the patients and for their visitor. My uncle even has his wiener dog with him at all times, and he loves that thing more than anything. The only thing I noticed that wasn't great was how often the caregivers checked up on the patients. The facility seems fairly new, I'm not sure if it is or they just remodel often, but it has a great uplifting atmosphere. I have only visited in the summer months, but it seems they have a lot to offer in the summer, I've heard that isn't so in the winter months, but who does have a lot to do then? My family plans on keeping my uncle at this facility for a long time, we are quite happy so far!

March 14, 2012

By mijohnson2

The staff seemed fairly knowledgeable and friendly. Although, the front desk staff on weekends had a hard time answering any of my questions, and had problems locating my family member when I arrived. The amenities were above average, but seemed only geared towards summer activities. The facilities were also kept in great repair, they seemed to remodel fairly often. They allowed pets and residents were allowed to decorate their rooms which I though was a nice touch.

March 10, 2012

By Ashley39382

Though most of the caregivers were kind and greeted family members with courtesy, many of the elderly people were left in their wheel chairs in the hallway for hours. As you walk through the hallway, there are people lined outside the doors as well as bathroom lights lit up. I have great appreciation for good care, as I am a caregiver myself at an Adult Family Home. I hate to say that the care is bad, because usually with loving and kind people (as the people at Clare Bridge seem to be,) comes loving and kind care. The problem probably exists with a horrible caregiver:resident ratio, as most nursing homes have this issue. My grandmother was at this nursing home and had many days where her hair was not washed as it should be, etc.. Not okay.

Photos of Brookdale Olympia West

Features of Brookdale Olympia West

About Brookdale Olympia West

At Brookdale Olympia West we know that memory losses due to Alzheimer's disease and other forms of dementia are progressive and residents' needs are continually changing. That's why we provide balance in our residents' capabilities, personalities, and preferences to create daily routines that enhance their spirits and increase their sense of purpose. We believe the amount of satisfaction our Alzheimer's and dementia care residents receive from the tasks that fill their days goes a long way to maintaining their sense of purpose and overall satisfaction with life. An integral part of this is our promise to encourage each resident to find Daily Moments of Success. To help our residents achieve these moments, our associates receive the tools and training needed in such key areas as specialized dining and the ongoing monitoring of healthcare and behavioral needs, to name a few.

We provide Alzheimer's and dementia care residents with the lifestyle, housing, and services they need in comfortable surroundings combined with the amenities, programs, and care to help stimulate recognition, recall, and wellness in a safe environment. Through years of caring for individuals with dementia, our professional care staff has learned to create optimal surroundings and approaches to care. Familiar environments that our residents have enjoyed throughout their lives are recreated to help them feel reassured and comfortable. The Alzheimer's and dementia care programs at Brookdale Olympia West are built to embrace, not restrict our residents' desire to wander and to provide a sense of belonging.

Map of Brookdale Olympia West