Pacifica Senior Living Northridge

8700 Lindley Ave, Northridge, CA, 91325

Reviews of Pacifica Senior Living Northridge

April 25, 2016

By Clara12

Pacifica Senior Living Northridge was very nice. The man I talked to was super nice, but it is dark and didn't have a lot of sunlight, which I found to be a little bit depressing. Other than that, it is very nice. The rooms are very nice, very clean, and well-kept. Everything is well-maintained, very clean, very nice, and very friendly, but it’s dark. I think the dining area was downstairs not quite in a basement, but it had that feel. Mostly the communal areas were dark, but I think the bedrooms were OK.

Thank you for your positive review. We are very proud of our community and the level of care we provide! We foster an atmosphere of acceptance and warmth in our community. Our staff genuinely cares for all our residents, and their families. We hope to see you around and would love the opportunity to shake your hand and say thank you in person. Also, did you know we have a Facebook page and post weekly pictures of our residents and their interesting activities? (The link to the Facebook page is on our website). Please feel free to reach out to us at the community at any time with any and all questions. Thank you again for your review.

April 14, 2016

By Chris123081350

We weren’t really impressed with Pacifica Senior Living because they had a limited menu, it looked a lot older, and needed a couple of light bulbs changed. However, they were very nice and informative. The lady who gave us a tour gave us lots of tips. Their dining room was nice. There was nothing wrong with it, but in our eyes, it just didn’t stand out. It would have been my last choice of the ones we saw. I didn’t like the location and the parking situation. I couldn’t figure out where we were supposed to park, so we ended up parking on the street. It looked like they had a garage that you could go into if you’re a resident or if you work there, but we couldn’t figure it out so we had to parked on the busy street. Maybe we just missed it, but I didn’t care for that.

Hi Chris, Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that you feel this way and we appreciate your feedback. We are sorry that you had difficulty navigating the parking situation and that you ended up parking on the street. Please call us if there is anything that we can do for you at this time to remedy the situation. Again, our apologies for your difficult experience. (818) 878-8300

March 31, 2016

By wife4

Pacifica seemed nice, but it was very expensive. They charge an initial fee to get in that didn’t include the monthly fee, and there’s a $500 fee for a 15-minute evaluation to see where my husband would fit in. The room was OK. You had to furnish it yourself, but the walls and floor were OK. They talked about the activities, and the dining room was nice, big, and light.

Thank you for your review and consideration. We have done a comprehensive study senior living expenses and found that our rates are right in line with the competitors. In fact, we are a better value with more programs and options. We are very proud of our Northridge community and their Music and Memory program. If you have any other questions or comments we would love to speak with you. (818) 886-5181.

January 30, 2016

By Linda119443850

I had been to Pacifica a lot of times, because my aunt lived there. The staff is just absolutely wonderful. It’s clean, and very nice. They had a lot of entertainment for the residents. They even gave us a room so we can have a little dinner party.

September 30, 2015

Mom moved in at Pacifica Senior Living last August. The staff was nice and the rooms are good. The food is okay, nothing special. They have many activities for assisted living, but not for memory care and they don't have an activity room for their memory care patients. They have bingo and some singing. I also don’t; like their dining room for the memory care because it’s small. I recommend their assisted living, not the memory care.

June 30, 2014

What I enjoyed most about Pacifica Senior Living Northridge is that they have a locked facility, which apparently a lot of the facilities I've visited don't when it comes to assisted living, so those who have dementia can stay in that part of the facility until they become a threat or a harm to themselves. I really like their rooms, as they were spacious. They were willing to work with us on our budget, and that is where she is going to have to be. The only things that I didn’t care for were their activities and their meals because they have to take an elevator downstairs.

February 15, 2014

By Rob2

Pacifica Senior Living Northridge was a very nice place. It was also clean. I just thought the one he ended up was within our price range. The apartments were very nice. The meeting rooms seemed really spacious. I don’t recall the bedroom, I think it's bigger than the other place. It seemed they have a good list of activities. They have mixed ability level where they had high care portion for Dementia patients and had minimal care part of the facility also. I saw the activity calendar and where the activity will take place. I also saw some seniors under the shed attend an activity.

February 01, 2014

By Linda75739850

Pacifica was alright but it wasn't like top of the line. It was an older facility. It was one of those places that had to be renovated. You can tell that it had not been updated, but it wasn't that bad. I went to the bathroom and it was really old. It wasn't a happy place. I wouldn't want to live there. The lady who toured us around, she didn't greet anybody and nobody greeted her. Either she was new or she didn't know their residents. There was no one-to-one contact with the residents. I would recommend it for people who had no place else to go.

October 30, 2012

By afs

all my experiences so far have been good with this assisted living provider. my grandmother, while having an uncurable disease has been made comfortable and her security and well being is assured. the staff has always been good in helping her with all of her needs, from the mundane tasks of eating and changing to dealing with more complex problems like confrontation from other people living there. they have always been impeccable with things like giving her prescribed medications to her at the correct times and keeping her clean and comfortable. the facility itself is quite nice, being multi storied and comfortable feeling and looking. furniture is placed in communal areas encouraging more social interaction and staff is always placed throughout the corridors so no matter what somebody is always lookng after my grandma and the other elderly residents. other amentities like the food are good as well and I have seen a varied and balanced menu served to the residents at all meals. Additionally the activities to occupy residents are fun and interactive.

August 21, 2012

By visitor30

This facility has an older decoration style to it. It is still nice looking and really elegant. The staff is amazing, as usual in almost every assisted living facility. The engage themselves and seem to enjoy what they do. You can tell that the staff isnt just there to get paid, but they are there because they truly care about the seniors' well being. Some parts of the facility could be upgraded because this seems to be an older facility. This doesn't really bring down the ambiance this facility gives. The seniors are well engaged and activities are given in abundance. Pacifica tries its best to make you feel at home. Although it may be true that there isn't much to outdoors because the outdoor area is limited, the people staying there are nonetheless treated very fairly and are engaged in activities very often. The small outdoor space hasn't really been a complaint and the people staying at Pacifica seem to enjoy where they live.

November 18, 2011

By LauraM3

Their assisted living side is really good! The residents are well cared for! I do not recommend the memory care side. That was awful! The level of care on that side is well below standards!

June 25, 2011

By specialone-1

There is love and the care at Pacifica Northridge!! I looked everywhere before making my decision. The community is beautiful and the staff makes my mom feel special. This is the place to come and see.

June 09, 2011

By commercesd

Visited this facility

The Pacifica Senior Living Northridge is conveniently located in California's San Fernando Valley near Los Angeles and California State University. This would be convenient for our family, since most of my aunt's relatives are in the region. She has early Alzheimer's, so it is time to find full time care for her. She is ambulatory, so we wanted to find somewhere that didn't seem like a nursing home. The front entrance resembled a church and had nice flowers around it. The interior of the foyer had a nice seating area where we waited. We could see many of the residents interacting with staff and they seemed well cared for. The outside area seemed a bit small, however "“ with not much seating for residents and visitors. There were a lot of fun activities going on the day we visited. From card games to flower planting, all of the residents seemed active and happy. Our aunt loves to garden, so it looked like she would still get to do that here. The food we sampled was really good and our aunt got to check out the menus, which had many choices on them. The staff regularly checks on residents, which is important to us. Each private unit has an emergency response call button. They seem to have everything a person would need "“ from regular care to scheduled activities and medical professionals as needed. Overall, we thought it was a very nice facility.

May 14, 2010

By jcalder

nice staff, but outdoor areas limited

Pros: Well lit, with skylights. Nice staff. Good dining and lobby areas. Cons: outdoor areas are two cement patios.

March 27, 2009

By Laura Mayoral

My loved one stayed here

My mom has lived at Pacifica for the past two years. She has been very well taken care of. ALL if the staff know her by name and greet her when she walks by them. The facilities are always clean and there is never that "old" scent that sometimes happens with seniors with all of their medication. They always have activites going on to keep the seniors busy. My mom enjoys living here!! I highly recommend it!!!

Photos of Pacifica Senior Living Northridge

Features of Pacifica Senior Living Northridge

• Minimum Memory Cost: $3850/month

• State Licenses: 197607452

About Pacifica Senior Living Northridge

Welcome to Pacifica Senior Northridge, our beautiful, safe and friendly community of quality caregivers, well trained professionals, and most importantly, satisfied residents. Located in the Greater Los Angeles Area, our community offers a full spectrum of memory care services administered by a specifically trained, caring and experienced staff.

We are proud of the outstanding reputation we’ve earned. It's a reputation built on strong values, a solid work ethic and the best care and outside medical services available. At Pacifica Senior Living Northridge, you will enjoy retirement lifestyle provided in a stunning setting; a lifestyle rich with services, amenities and endless possibilities.

Map of Pacifica Senior Living Northridge