Brookdale Niagara Memory Care

6751 Nash Road, North Tonawanda, NY, 14120

Reviews of Brookdale Niagara | Memory Care

March 06, 2017

By felt like home

Best care around. This is a small one story, loving environment. We searched online and in person and found Brookdale Niagara Memory Care to be the best in all categories. We highly recommend this plAce. It is beautiful inside and the grounds and courtyards are so well cared for.

February 26, 2017

By nurse who knows

Beautiful community. My best friends dad lived here for two years. I highly recommend their care. The staff and nurses were very attentive to his needs. We visited at all different times and found a sense of peace every time. They really know what they are doing. In the end hospice came in and Richard passed in his "home" with all of us around him. The managers and caregivers were simply incredible. They all took turns sitting with him nd comforting all of us. I believe that the care at Brookdale Niagara is unmatched anywhere. I work In healthcare and have seen most of the local senior care facilities, the place is the best. You will feel completely confident in the care here. It is a beautiful community as well.

February 21, 2017

By Tom Clark

We were very happy with our visit. The tour was great. We had a chance to see an activity with the residents. The interaction with the staff and those living in the community was heart warming. What a lovely option for our Aunt Ruth.

November 25, 2016

By Judy480054

My mother was in the memory care unit of Brookdale Niagara for 12 days. She fell twice and got pneumonia. I was very misled as far as cost goes, and there was no incidence or talking about any extras. Everything they do for these people cost extra; even giving my mother Ensure once a day cost $160 a month, and her medications were $500 a month to give to her. The bill went from $5500 to over $7000, and I was never told about these extras. Their grounds and the workers and aides were nice. It was the upper staff who misled me. My mom just needed more care than they could give her. She had fallen and broken her shoulder, and she couldn't eat well. Lots of times, they would just put her food in front of her, and after 45 minutes, they'd take it away. She was very neglected. If I knew anybody who's going to send their mother over there, I'd tell them no. Don't do it. Regular assisted living is fine, but the memory care was neglectful. They left her sitting in a room all day.

May 29, 2016

By Ruth056246

Brookdale Niagara was very nice and very clean. The residents seemed to be very comfortable and very relaxed, so it was a very nice place. The staff was very friendly and very knowledgeable about the things that patients need. The dining area was very clean, but I did not see any food. I toured this community for my husband.

April 14, 2016

By Frank120833950

Brookdale Niagara was very nice, well kept, and clean, and did not have that institutional smell. The staff was very friendly, professional, and informative, and the residents seemed to be well-cared for. There were activities going on while I was there.

December 10, 2014

By Sandra99422150

Clare Bridge of Niagara was a beautiful home, but it was assisted living, and my husband was not suited for assisted living because he couldn't take care of himself. They had a dementia unit in it, but it wasn't a secure unit. When I went there that day, I was supposed to have had an appointment, and when I got there, the woman I was supposed to see was not there, and they didn't know about the appointment. They called her, and she was on the boulevard. She came back and talked to me, and she was very hasty and a little intimidating to me, which I certainly didn't need. The home itself was beautiful, but I would not have suggested it to anyone. They had a beautiful dining room, and the people seemed like they order from their menus at the table. I think the price was reasonable, and it was more like home.

March 28, 2014

By Dominic1

My girlfriend's father is at Clare Bridge of Niagara. It is a facility where residents can't get out. The care is very good. He is happy there most of the time. The food is good. I ate there with him tonight. It was very good. We had sandwiches, dessert, and coffee. They were very tasty, good food. They have many activities there. At a certain time every day, they have excellent activities. They are usually around 2:00 just before or in between supper. They have a large room where they watch TV. They have various private living rooms so that if you want to visit, you could visit with them privately. This facility was very up-to-date and modern. It is fairly new. Everything is well taken care of. It is also very clean. The staff is on top of everything. They are very good personnel. Most of the help is fine, but a couple of the girls there are too matter-of-fact and pushy with the people. Overall, it is an excellent place.

April 23, 2013

By Edward5

Clare Bridge of Niagara is a newer facility. It's very neat and people were very friendly. When we came in, a guy sat us down and we went over what we're looking for first. Then he came up with what they could offer. They gave us a tour, which was great. Everything was there but again it came down to the bottom line. It's $5,000 a month and if you want medical with that or assisted living, it's another thousand. It's $6,000 to $7,000 a month and they wanted a year upfront, you'll have to have it in a bank. It's a place where I know my mother will be treated well. You sense that when you walk in there it's a caring type of organization and people really wanted to work with the people who were there. They have schedules, functions and buses that take people shopping. They do have a plan to prevent boredom which is to me the biggest problems in these homes. I'm with a group of people who have parents who are about the age that goes to these facilities and we bring papers and compare. I've told them about this and they've gone through it and some are just starting to. Getting the information was very helpful and that's where we're at. The patients' faces there show they're happy. You could tell. These people are taken care of and they're smiling, and when you walk up to them they'd say hello to you. It's a relaxing place which is a very important thing.

March 10, 2012

By FabulousGlitz

My grandmother was here with her altzheimers and they took wonderful care of her. The facility was clean and everyone was extremely friendly. They made sure she got her daily exercise which she actually looked forward to, and she got her medicine on time every day. They checked on her constantly to make sure she was happy. She made some friends there and she loved the interraction during meals. The food they had was specifically for her and there were quite a few staff members who made a huge impression on her. I would highly recommend this facility to anyone with dementia or altzheimers or to a family member seeking assistance for their loved one.

January 11, 2012

By copperdog

My mother was a resident at Clare Bridge for approximately 18 months before her passing at the facility in late 2010. I cannot say enough wonderful things about the caring, compassionate, loving, efficient, caregivers at Clare Bridge. They not only took excellent care of our mom, but they were also caring friends who became a part of our own family. They kept us informed, communicated with the doctors and pharmacies involved in mom's care. The activities at the facility for both residents and family are beyond any I have seen at other facilities (I have three aunts living in other local facilities.) It truly became home for my mom and she flourished there in the final years of her life. I would highly recommend Clare Bridge of Niagara and Sterling House to any family searching for the best possible care for a loved one.

July 31, 2011

By Tom Jackson

As a man who is getting up there in his years, I have made a good deal of friends who are forced to live in Assisted Living Facilities for reasons outside of their control, and have consequently had a lot of experience with the quality of different Assisted Living Facilities. My friend Charlie is a resident at Clare Bridge of Niagara, an Assisted Living facility in North Townawanda, and I was very pleasantly surprised to see he was very well off in such a lovely and efficient facility. It is all too common to see staff neglecting their patients, especially when it is their specific job to be treating them like they were personal friends. A polite nurse walked by as Charlie and I sat down in their delightful little lobby enjoying some complimentary coffee for visitors and joked around with Charlie; he called her by her first name. I would definitely recommend Clare Bridge of Niagara to anyone looking for an Assisted Living Facility that will take responsible and honest care of their loved one.

Photos of Brookdale Niagara

Features of Brookdale Niagara

About Brookdale Niagara

At Brookdale Niagara we know that memory losses due to Alzheimer's disease and other forms of dementia are progressive and residents' needs are continually changing. That's why we provide balance in our residents' capabilities, personalities, and preferences to create daily routines that enhance their spirits and increase their sense of purpose. We believe the amount of satisfaction our Alzheimer's and dementia care residents receive from the tasks that fill their days goes a long way to maintaining their sense of purpose and overall satisfaction with life. An integral part of this is our promise to encourage each resident to find Daily Moments of Success. To help our residents achieve these moments, our associates receive the tools and training needed in such key areas as specialized dining and the ongoing monitoring of healthcare and behavioral needs, to name a few.

We provide Alzheimer's and dementia care residents with the lifestyle, housing, and services they need in comfortable surroundings combined with the amenities, programs, and care to help stimulate recognition, recall, and wellness in a safe environment. Through years of caring for individuals with dementia, our professional care staff has learned to create optimal surroundings and approaches to care. Familiar environments that our residents have enjoyed throughout their lives are recreated to help them feel reassured and comfortable. The Alzheimer's and dementia care programs at Brookdale Niagara are built to embrace, not restrict our residents' desire to wander and to provide a sense of belonging.

Map of Brookdale Niagara