Brookdale Middleton Stonefield

6701 Stonefield Road, Middleton, WI, 53562

Reviews of Brookdale Middleton Stonefield

August 12, 2011

By suestoo

My Dad lived at this facility and there are pluses and minuses. The facility is clean and I love the home-like setting. There is a fireplace in the "living room" which my Dad loved when he first arrived. The rooms are arranged in a figure eight, so it is easy for residents to get around. My Dad would take his walker out to the couch and lay down in front of the fire. The activity director is very good, but my Dad declined rapidly and couldn't take part for long. I felt as though the staff devoted time to the people with the least dementia and ignored some of the others. As my Dad got weaker he slept a lot and they usually just left him in his room while they attended to other residents who were more aware. Then at lunch time, I would see them come in and hoist him into his chair, eyes closed,and slumped over and wheel him to his table. They wedged him against a wall so he would not try to get up and be "disruptive." They also lost his possessions often and didn't seem to care about finding them. Although his name was in them, they lost his glasses, 2 watches and at least 10 paris of pants. Also, the pants that he did still have, started to all be ripped. My Dad was not strong enough to rip them and the staff helped him get dressed and changed his Depends, so it must have been the staff who caused the rips. Then they would still dress him in those pants with a 12 inch rip in the back or near the front zipper. The reason we ultimately moved him was that Clare Bridge is part of Brookdale Senior Living, an out-of-state corporation. The facility was fairly pricey to begin with and they added on for each little task they need to help him with. For instance, they charged $118 just to mix his Carnation Instant Breakfast, which I supplied. (Other residents also used this, so they actually made a pitcher which they poured from. I thought that amount charged per resident seemed excessive). As his dementia progressed, the cost almost doubled from the original rate -- with no relief in site. We moved him to make his funds last a little longer. Since it was not locally owned, the rate increases were fixed and corporate was not willing to adjust them to keep him there.

Photos of Brookdale Middleton Stonefield

Features of Brookdale Middleton Stonefield

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites

• Licenses: CBRF

About Brookdale Middleton Stonefield

At Brookdale Middleton Stonefield we know that memory losses due to Alzheimer's disease and other forms of dementia are progressive and residents' needs are continually changing. That's why we provide balance in our residents' capabilities, personalities, and preferences to create daily routines that enhance their spirits and increase their sense of purpose. We believe the amount of satisfaction our Alzheimer's and dementia care residents receive from the tasks that fill their days goes a long way to maintaining their sense of purpose and overall satisfaction with life. An integral part of this is our promise to encourage each resident to find Daily Moments of Success. To help our residents achieve these moments, our associates receive the tools and training needed in such key areas as specialized dining and the ongoing monitoring of healthcare and behavioral needs, to name a few.

We provide Alzheimer's and dementia care residents with the lifestyle, housing, and services they need in comfortable surroundings combined with the amenities, programs, and care to help stimulate recognition, recall, and wellness in a safe environment. Through years of caring for individuals with dementia, our professional care staff has learned to create optimal surroundings and approaches to care. Familiar environments that our residents have enjoyed throughout their lives are recreated to help them feel reassured and comfortable. The Alzheimer's and dementia care programs at Brookdale Middleton Stonefield are built to embrace, not restrict our residents' desire to wander and to provide a sense of belonging.

Map of Brookdale Middleton Stonefield