The Summit at Sunland Springs

2415 S. Signal Butte Rd, Mesa, AZ, 85209

Top Nearby Memory Care Facilities

Reviews of The Summit at Sunland Springs

November 30, 2014

The Summit is very clean, and it's a fairly new place, so from that perspective it is nice. We have had a couple of issues with them related to just the overall care. I think the staff members are friendly, but they need more training and attention to detail. My mother is in a private room, and the space is great. The food is very good, and their dining facility is very nice, which is more like cafeteria style. They do offer a standard thing as well as alternatives on the menu. They have activities throughout the day, and they publish an activity calendar. They have exercises, arts and crafts, and TV, or movie. They seem to be keeping her engaged -- which is one of our main concerns -- but she is not just sitting there all day long.

Thank you for posting a review about our community! We work hard every day and night to bring Quality of Life to our residents. I see that you have a few concerns about the care your family member is receiving - please know that I have an open door to discuss and work to improve any issues a family or resident might have, as we desire a high standard of living for all. I do encourage you to have specific conversation with me so we might always be improving our services and offerings to all. Sincerely, Craig Ahlstrom, Jr. - Executive Director/Owner

April 23, 2014

By ShariR

I can't properly express how wonderful The Summit is -- words don't do justice! From the moment I walked in for a first meeting, I knew that I found the right place for my dad. Such a beautiful property with a lovely courtyard (and putting green!) and lively, engaging activities for the residents. I even enjoyed lunch with my dad and the food was incredible! And the staff -- what devoted and delightful people. They were so helpful to me as I navigated the admittance process (which was easy, but emotionally daunting for me) and have continued to be very sensitive to my dad's needs. Every single person I've met has been a pleasure and all really care about the residents. As I don't live close by, such dedication means so much to me -- I feel like my dad is with extended family. Thank you Summit!

Photos of The Summit at Sunland Springs

Features of The Summit at Sunland Springs

• Home Sale Assistance

• Staff Patient Ratio: 8 To 1

• Licenses: Directed

About The Summit at Sunland Springs

We are pleased to announce that we are open! The Summit at Sunland Springs, a new memory care community, is nestled within Farnsworth’s latest active adult community, Sunland Springs Village. The Summit at Sunland Springs is a community for individuals with Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia and memory loss. The Summit at Sunland Springs is a purposefully designed environment for residents that promotes maximum independence while maintaining their dignity, privacy and respect. This approach is intended to maximize each resident’s individual abilities and levels of wellness, while receiving care and assistance where needed, all in a home-like atmosphere.

The design is specific for those with physical limitations and memory loss. Our private rooms and common areas are welcoming, easy to navigate, and intended to comfort residents throughout all stages of their condition. The dedication reflected in our community from our Life Engagement philosophy to our Social Activity program with activities designed to enhance our residents’ self-esteem, allows each resident to function independently at their level of ability.

Map of The Summit at Sunland Springs