Brookdale Alderwood

18706 36th Avenue West, Lynnwood, WA, 98037

Reviews of Brookdale Alderwood

caring020317 March 26, 2014

My mom had some aggressive behavior at Clare Bridge of Lynnwood. Even though we had an appointment, we waited for a long time. The director had to take us because the other lady was on the phone doing something. But she tried to accommodate us also. It smelled like urine. It just didn't seem organized and everything seemed smaller, too. I saw one lady get lost. She was in the wrong area. I didn’t like the set up. It felt like it was more locked in. I was not just impressed.

Steph60778761 May 29, 2013

Clare Bridge of Lynnwood is in a good location. They cater to different levels of needs or different levels of sickness. The staff was quite helpful. They provided food, entertainment, as well as movies. Although I did not feel that my husband was quite ready for that, and he wasn't in there long enough. Sometimes it seemed they were short staffed.

jmca February 12, 2013

I was impressed with how caring the whole staff is. They have the residents care as their 1st priority. New management. Very clean and losts of the residents to do

piccolopatty May 07, 2012

They have the best caregivers and nurses. Every time I go see my Aunt, she is clean, happy, and well taken care of. She loves some the activities they have like bingo, crafts, and this new computer they have that lets her chat with me via web cam and sing Kareoke songs. I can't think of a thing they do wrong. They have some patients there who need a lot of attention and care and it's sometimes hard to understand how they can do it all. But, every time I see the care givers with these people, they're lovingly caring for them and involving them in activities. I love this facility. It's awesome!

bucky1 October 19, 2011

Well it was pretty much a horrible experience. My mother, who was a paraplegic, stayed here after having back surgery. She stayed for nearly a month. In that time they dropped her twice while trying to transfer her from the bed to her wheel chair. They were trying to use a Hoyer lift to do the transfer and it seemed like nobody had ever used one before nor did they want me to show them how to properly use it to do the transfer. I know I do not have any certs or have been officially trained how to use a Hoyer lift but with a little common sense, I had been using it for years and done thousands of transfers. To make matters worse after the first time they did not want listen to my advice and they ended up dropping her again. They are lucky they did not cause any damage to her recent surgery on her back.

CaringGrandma September 30, 2011

The staff do nothing to engage the residents. I heard them speaking a foreign language right in front of them and the look on their faces was frightening. They have dementia and anything out of the ordinary just confuses them even more. The State has shut them down three times, the Director has been fired, and the RN was also fired. They can't keep their residents safe. They should be shut down permanently and if you know anyone that has a family member there, you should get them out NOW!

From Brookdale Alderwood

At Brookdale Alderwood we know that memory losses due to Alzheimer's disease and other forms of dementia are progressive and residents' needs are continually changing. That's why we provide balance in our residents' capabilities, personalities, and preferences to create daily routines that enhance their spirits and increase their sense of purpose. We believe the amount of satisfaction our Alzheimer's and dementia care residents receive from the tasks that fill their days goes a long way to maintaining their sense of purpose and overall satisfaction with life. An integral part of this is our promise to encourage each resident to find Daily Moments of Success. To help our residents achieve these moments, our associates receive the tools and training needed in such key areas as specialized dining and the ongoing monitoring of healthcare and behavioral needs, to name a few.

We provide Alzheimer's and dementia care residents with the lifestyle, housing, and services they need in comfortable surroundings combined with the amenities, programs, and care to help stimulate recognition, recall, and wellness in a safe environment. Through years of caring for individuals with dementia, our professional care staff has learned to create optimal surroundings and approaches to care. Familiar environments that our residents have enjoyed throughout their lives are recreated to help them feel reassured and comfortable. The Alzheimer's and dementia care programs at Brookdale Alderwood are built to embrace, not restrict our residents' desire to wander and to provide a sense of belonging.

Secured outside walking paths that include raised flower beds, courtyard seating and water feature.

Features of Brookdale Alderwood