Aspen House I

2212 E 11th St, Loveland, CO, 80537

Reviews of Aspen House I

November 06, 2013

By Fannie07

I recently toured different numerous places in the area so that when my family member needs placement, I will be ready. It is obvious that the resident is their #1 concern.The staff is very caring and well trained. I was there at meal time, and the food looked delicious. There was no odors around, and the place was clean and obvious that housekeeping does a good job. I loved the place. When the time comes, it will be an easy decision. It will be Aspen House for my family member.

November 05, 2013

By Robert R Brownlee

For some months I visited daily my wife who was a victim of Alzheimer's disease. Having long believed that no two brains are wired the same, I discovered that no two brains become unwired the same way, either. The Aspen staff was truly awesome, for each resident was treated as only he really needed. For a staff person to do so was not a matter of training or book reading, but rather concern that arises only from the heart. I was amazed that so many such persons could be found.

October 04, 2012

By melcan186

This facility provides the best, most attentive care to any person with dementia or Alzheimer's Disease than any other facility I have visited. The owners and employees are fantastic, and the space itself is warm and inviting. I would recommend this place to any person needing memory care.

October 04, 2012

By jonathand

There is an outstanding staff at Aspen House in Loveland, CO, from the management team down. They all do a fantastic job, and all staff is extremely well trained. It is a pleasure to go there and see the residents so happy and well cared for. All staff is to be commended!

September 21, 2012

By Carly_lane

This facility is great! It's warm and inviting. It feels like a home, not like a dark and grey nursing facility (it is assisted living, not a nursing home). You can really tell that they care about the residents. The activities are fantastic, and are tailored for each individual. Residents are constantly being engaged with each other and the staff. Definitely a place I would feel safe and comfortable with having my family live there. The people that run it are completely invested in taking care of loved ones. It's a small family-run business, not a corporation, which is great. If you haven't had a tour, I would recommend it!

Photos of Aspen House I

Features of Aspen House I

• Staff Patient Ratio: 5:1
  • Pets: No Pets Allowed

• State Licenses: 23j976

About Aspen House I

Aspen House is recognized as a Leader in Dementia Care.

Aspen House is a secure living community, licensed for the care of elders living with Alzheimer's Disease or other cognitive impairments. Our goal is to provide a safe and secure home environment for each of our residents. With our superior carepartner-to-resident ratio, and state-of-the-art security systems, families are assured peace of mind knowing that their loved one is well protected.

At Aspen House, we provide an environment that is calming and structured and is conducive to your loved one's unique needs, especially as the disease progresses.

Activities:

• Activities that stimulate social, cognitive, and physical abilities and designed for those with special memory care needs
  • Person-centered activities to keep residents engaged in meaningful ways
  • Individual activity planning for persons with diminished attention spans or capabilities

Incontinence program to manage all levels of incontinence

Building is designed specifically for those with cognitive impairments:

• Family dining in four small dining rooms
  • "Neighborhoods" where residents experience a personal, intimate home feeling
  • Secure and safe living environment for those who might wander
  • Alarmed, delayed egress locks on doors
  • Fenced in area with level sidewalks and gates with alarmed, delayed egress locks

Able to provide high level of care for individuals:

• High staff-to-resident ratio, awake and on duty 24 hours, and able to meet the physical and emotional needs of those with memory impairments
  • Specially trained staff to assist with all activities of daily living; dressing, bathing, eating, grooming, etc.
  • Staff trained to understand the specific behaviors, needs, and supervision of individuals with cognitive impairments
  • Staff experienced at behavior management techniques such as redirection or diversion
  • Aspen House works closely with local hospice services to provide spiritual, emotional and medical support through the end of your loved one's life.

Services we provide at no extra charge:

• Delicious meals and snacks throughout the day
  • Assistance with activities of daily living
  • Assistance with medications
  • All incontinence supplies
  • Room furnishings and bed linens
  • Laundry and housekeeping service
  • Activities program geared to resident abilities
  • Daily exercise program
  • Licensed nurses available for consultation as needed
  • Transportation to and from medical appointments*

*An Aspen House staff member will stay with your loved one if no family member is available.

• Person-centered activities to keep residents engaged in meaningful ways
  • Incontinence program to manage all levels of incontinence
  • Building is designed specifically for those with cognitive impairments
  • Family dining in four small dining rooms.
  • "Neighborhoods" where residents experience a personal, intimate home feeling
  • Secure and safe living environment for those who might wander
  • Alarmed, delayed egress locks on doors
  • Able to provide high level of care for individuals

Services we provide at no extra charge:

• delicious meals and snacks throughout the day. See a sample of our menu here.
  • assistance with activities of daily living
  • assistance with medications
  • all incontinence supplies
  • room furnishings and bed linens
  • laundry and housekeeping service
  • activities program geared to resident abilities
  • daily exercise program
  • licensed nurses available for consultation as needed
  • transportation to and from medical appointments

Aspen House is a secure community for persons diagnosed as having Alzheimer's Disease or other forms of cognitive impairment, for example vascular dementia or Lewy-body Disease. Each potential resident is given a full preliminary evaluation prior to admission, taking into consideration the person's level of independence. Any challenges concerning mobility, behavior, incontinence, or nutritional intake will be assessed. A doctor's order is required prior to admission. We accept private pay residents only. Methods of payment and all costs will be discussed during the pre-admission evaluation. With capacity for up to eighty residents, Aspen House is located among residential neighborhoods, with shopping, doctor's offices and hospitals conveniently nearby.

Map of Aspen House I