Pacifica Senior Living Spring Valley

Reviews of Pacifica Senior Living Spring Valley

4.4

March 20, 2018

By Rmarzec

This community is very unique. During my search we visited all the communities in the area and I can tell you this communities feel is something I never imagined could be. Most communities have an institutional feel, Pacifica Spring Valley felt like home. The town center area reminded me of downtown Disney. I absolutely loved how they were able to bring the outside inside. There is a lot of space for the residents to walk around. Also, included a private dining area that we are able to enjoy Sundays brunches with our family. Our grandfather enjoyed the Man Cave they have as well as, all the activities they have scheduled pretty much every hour on the hour there is something different going on for the residents with different levels so that everyone can enjoy where ever they are socially. The living areas well, the cozy feel made it just like home, with home cooking that taste amazing. The care staff was all so kind and pleasant. For anyone who is searching I would highly recommend that you would visit this community prior to making a decision. It has been a life saver for our family to know the our grandfather is enjoying his life and being well taken care of. Priceless seeing the smile on his face
Thank you for leaving this detailed review about your experience with our community. Your recommendation means so much to us and we're so happy to have earned it. Thank you again for taking the time to let the world know about your positive experience. We appreciate it and look forward to seeing you again. Have a great day!

September 19, 2017

By voight

Wonderful energy, great staff and an answer to our prayers. I knew the minute I walked in, I cried and said this is the place. I had that feeling in my gut that this was moms home and I was right. She has been more active since she has been here than I have seen her in a while. Kelly and Debra have been awesome through the entire process
Thank you for leaving this detailed review about your experience with our community. We appreciate it and are honored that you chose our community. Did you know we have a Facebook page with pictures of our residents and their interesting activities? (The link to the Facebook page is on our website). Please feel free to contact with any and all questions.

September 07, 2017

By Mikella

Wow! The staff was so welcoming and made us feel as though they really cared for mom. I normally don't do reviews, but after our horrific experience at another home I think it's important for other families to know we have been extremely happy with Pacifica Spring Valley. We should have made this move sooner!
Mikella, thank you for leaving this detailed review about your experience with our community. We appreciate it and look forward to seeing you again.

July 17, 2017

By Jane

I liked the layout of Pacifica Senior Living Spring Valley. It was smaller than the other community, but I liked the layout better. The cost was a little bit more and the pricing was different. It was too far away from my home. We looked at one room that is shared with another roommate, and it was more hospital-like.
Thank you for your review and honest feedback. We appreciate your 4 star review and would like to offer our assistance to you for the future. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you; we are more than happy to help!

December 03, 2016

By relative834775

My mother was in Pacifica, and I wouldn't recommend it to anybody. They had a calendar that showed activities for the elderly, but they never followed it. The staff never really interacted with their residents and kept changing, like weekly, so nobody ever stayed there long enough to even get to know each resident or find out what their needs were. The rooms were OK, just not very clean. I saw caregivers sleeping in the dining room, and it was not what I wanted for my mother. Occasionally, they would do bingo or some chair exercises, but it was few and far between. The food was good since they had a very good cook there.

We're happy to hear being a part of our community has been a positive experience for you. We strive to offer life enriching programs and the highest level of care for our residents who we love like family. We appreciate you.

November 29, 2016

By Dorothy265784

I spent about an hour and a half at Pacifica Senior Living Spring Valley. They showed me everything. It was fine. I felt that the bedrooms were a bit on the small side, but everything seemed to be very clean and neat. They were well organized. I don't have any objections with the place.

Thank you, Dorothy, for reaching out to us. We are sorry that our community does not meet your needs. We value our residents and families and appreciating you sharing your comments. We hope that you find the community that best fits your mother's needs and that you are happy in the community you choose. We thank you for your consideration.

November 14, 2016

By Catherine375488

I was impressed that Pacifica Senior Living Spring Valley was really clean, but everybody that is there had to be fed. They had different activities for them, and I liked it because when you walk down the hall, it looks like an actual street with stores. The rooms were small, and they shared rooms with a TV, their own closet which was very small, their own bathroom, and it had a regular stand up shower for those who can take a shower themselves. They also had assisted bath with all the amenities to it for them to sit down to where somebody could take care of them. They had other personal stuff in their own plastic box, and they keep their bathroom personals in their closet.

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this detailed positive 5 star review. We appreciate it!

October 20, 2016

By So

Wow. The community had a warm and welcoming feeling. It gave me peace knowing people really cared here.

Thank you for your positive 5 star review! We appreciate the kind words and agree with you, we do care! We are very proud of our community and the level of care we provide! Please feel free to reach out to us at the community at any time with any and all questions. Thank you again for your review.

October 13, 2016

By Walt378232

I did tour Pacifica (Pacifica Senior Living Spring Valley) for my wife. I thought it’s a pretty nice facility. It is set up pretty well with a smaller and quieter environment. Because it’s a memory care, it is more geared towards that instead of all-encompassing and stuff like that. The price was somewhat within price range. One of the pluses for me at this point was that the rooms were furnished. Also they work well with the hospice care that I have. They had nice facilities like wheelchair roll-in type shower and things like that, so it was set up fairly nice. It was a nice facility.
Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this positive 5 star review. We appreciate it!

February 09, 2016

By J.R.2

Pacifica was nice. They appeared to have two sections in the memory care. There was one that was not quite as advance. So, they were not really mingling that much. The people that needed more attention had a separate section. One of the staff guided me to the place, and showed me where the different areas were. It was very interesting. The rooms were very nice. They seemed to be accommodating. They had private rooms that were very roomy, and they also had a shared room. Both of them were very nice. The aisle that they were walking on had a name, and then they had a little shadow box out in front of the door so they could remember which room they had to go into. They were very nice. The staff was very knowledgeable about the people there. They called them by name, and knew what they wanted.

December 30, 2015

By Loving Daughter18

I was a little disappointed with Pacifica Senior Living Spring Valley. It didn’t smell fresh, and I thought the residents I saw were just sort of sitting around. The staff I saw seemed to pay attention and be considerate of the residents. The woman who took me around gave me a hard sell, which I didn’t like.
Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback about your experience with us. We regret that you had a negative experience, and will use this as an opportunity to improve. If you are willing to give us another chance, please contact us so we can understand your situation better in order to try and turn your experience around. Thank you, Pacifica Senior Living Spring Valley

December 15, 2015

By Patti25

My mother has been at Pacifica of Spring Valley since October. It is all excellent. The rooms are very nice. My mother says the food is excellent. She eats everything they give her. The social recreations are very good; I was there this morning when they had a gentleman come in to sing. It was very nice.

November 24, 2015

By Cheroyl

I visited Pacifica. It was nice, clean, and beautiful facility. I would definitely recommend them; however, they didn’t have enough caregivers per patient.
Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this positive 5 star review. We appreciate it & hope to see you again!

June 15, 2015

By BabsC21

I thought Pacifica Senior Living was really nice, and the people were very helpful. I thought everything was wonderful. It was clean. I liked the fact that they have people come in and do shows. I also liked the fact that they do exercises.

January 18, 2015

By anonymous104608350

We chose the Emeritus at Spring Valley for a couple of reasons. It is one of the few facilities that are entirely memory care. They have activities like arm chair aerobics in the morning with the staff, and they have a meal or snack every two hours to keep their energy up. They have another program called CareMore which actually brings medical services to the residents. Unless it is some type of specialty, they do not take the residents outside of the facility. They can stay there with all their medical needs being met. I have not tasted the food, but it smelled good. I had walked in when they were serving, and it really smelled wonderful. I think it is about $5 a meal if we want to have a meal with my dad. His room is a little bit larger than a college dorm. It has two dressers -- you can have two TVs -- it has two quarters, and one bathroom.

January 06, 2015

By Kathryn11

The Emeritus at Spring Valley is a very huge facility. It is not as beautiful to look at because it is older, and the rooms are just average with nothing spectacular. Their food is good, and the staff is OK. It is in a busy location, and there are a lot of stores around.

December 30, 2014

By Caring103619750

Emeritus at Spring Valley is a very nice facility, and the rooms are spacious enough. They have activities during the day. The inside and outside are above average, and it does not feel like a hospital. It's very clean, and my mother seemed to be well cared for.

December 09, 2014

By Jen8

We choose Emeritus at Spring Valley because of their building, set-up, and their specialty in Alzheimer's care. The staff is very friendly and very accommodating. My mother has a medium size shared room with a corner window, and it is very pretty. I look at the food, and it looks OK. They have a lot of activities. Today I walked in there, and they were playing bingo. They have church service twice a week. They take them on outings and walks. The best thing about the place is that they have a lot of caregivers, and there are a lot of residents' assistants around.

September 23, 2014

Emeritus at Spring Valley was all memory care; there was no assisted. The memory care is not locked up, though it has a small door, but the rest of the facility is wide open, so the memory folks can still walk freely around the building and I like that. In other places the memory care is behind locked doors. They played bingo, balloon volleyball, and even if they were sitting in their chairs they could still have some activities, and they were laughing and having a good time. It is well-kept and well-decorated, and it seems open and airy. There were indoor courtyards that you could see from any of the rooms. It is in a nice neighborhood, the staff is friendly, and it’s on a major street.

November 30, 2013

Emeritus is pretty clean and there are lots of space. I don't think there are certified CNAs but wonderful people working. The staff is excellent and very helpful and the people are lively. I ate there three or four times, lunch once and dinner twice. Dinner was hamburger and potato chips once and then second one was cabbage roll inside a hamburger and then little vegetables. Lunch time was oven-roasted chicken with broccoli. It's pretty good, the food is okay. Mornings you'll have cereal or oatmeal, no eggs. They have three meals a day and then dinner with dessert. Every time I go there, I watch how people get treated and they get treated very well. Everybody's smiling and the staff is so nice. I think it's a pretty good facility because I haven't really been in any other place so I cannot really compare. They do pretty good but they probably need more training as to what kind of dementia people they're accepting because my husband's case is rare that's why some people don't know how to treat him. They don't know what to expect because majority of them are elderly ladies.

September 13, 2013

By Dennis12

This community has a nice environment. They are a gated facility. All the doors are locked. You have to have a code to get out. It also looks like a nice place to be. People there are really nice. We also visited the assisted living area and their residents are happy and doing fine. I like all the facilities but when it comes to memory care, I don't know how to improve on something for people that forget everything. It is also not convenient for me to drive there. It is a long drive from my house. It is also about $500 more a month, I believe.

July 24, 2013

By Nancy65201150

It all seemed nice at Emeritus at Spring Valley. The atmosphere was cozy and warm. The residents seemed happy and friendly. The staff was friendly as well. The lady I spoke with was very charismatic. I was very glad that she said they would keep my husband if I was out of town, but then they didn't. Instead, they sent a nurse to assess him. She interviewed him and asked me questions too. She then determined that he needed a high level of care that they would not be able to give.

May 22, 2013

By DMan

When I brought my father from California to Las Vegas at the age of 98. He was very frail, we were not sure he was going to make it. He moved into Emeritus at Spring Valley where the entire staff display so much compassion to not only my father but to my mother and myself. They took the time to really know my fathers life. To find the little things that would bring a smile to his face. The staff was genuine, sincere and knowledgable on the disease process. Within two weeks of my father moving in, he was up walking on his own (with a walker). This was HUGE! He was engaging in activities and was communicating with the staff and other residents. I couldn't believe the turn around in such a short period of time. It was all from the staffs attention, love and compassion that my father was able to live out the remainder days of his life. He died in a loving, safe environment. The care staff were beyond amazing in helping my mother and I work through the process of his passing! I am so greatful for the amazing staff for their compassion and love that they displayed to me, my mother and more importantly my father. I will be forever greatful for the gift they gave my father in the last stage of his life. Thank you ALL Emeritus staff!

May 31, 2012

By Guest2

The staff was very friendly and the facilities were open and calming. Sometimes an assisted living facility can seem dull and dreary, but this one seemed to breath some life into the patients. Patients have many activities that they can participate in daily with staff, other patients, and guests. The food is decent. The patients seem to enjoy it and the staff does what they can to provide what the patient's desire.

Questions About Pacifica Senior Living Spring Valley

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Dementia care training starts at orientation and continues throughout the staffs’ tenure. Onboarding includes 26 hours of Dementia and Assisted Living care training with 3 – 5 days of hands-on training. Ongoing training is comprised of computer-based learning (8 additional hours per year); hands-on live classroom training (4 hours per year); and monthly in-service events led by the registered nurse, executive director, or a third party vendor.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

We have sufficient staff to meet needs and requirements of the population of residents within our community.

What programs or activities does Pacifica Senior Living Spring Valley offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Pacifica Senior Living offers a robust activities program staffed by an activities director and an activities assistant. Group activities including, but limited to, exercise, gardening, movies, baking, putting golf, and singing are scheduled seven days a week from 9:30am through 6:00pm. Additionally, individual one-on-one activities, such as manicures and jewelry making, are ongoing throughout the day. Long-term memories are engaged through activities specific for long-term stimulation and reminiscing with memory books. Other activities include, but are not limited to, live music, dance groups, birthday parties, dance parties, ice cream parties, and holiday parties.

Each resident is assessed by the registered nurse every 90 days. After the resident has had his/her assessment, a care conference is scheduled with the family/Power of Attorney and resident to meet with the executive director, registered nurse, and activities director.

What techniques does Pacifica Senior Living Spring Valley use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

As Pacifica Senior Living practices individual person-centered care, techniques vary per resident and are meant to be independent appropriate. Techniques may include reminders, cueing, mechanically enhanced foods, hand-under-hand assistance, or a total assist with feeding. To enrich the dining experience we also provide all our meals on colorful plating.

How does Pacifica Senior Living Spring Valley keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

The Care Conference, scheduled every 90 days, is the most formal communication with families regarding a loved one’s health. However, Pacifica Senior Living maintains an up-to-date Facebook and distributes a monthly newsletter with a wealth of information regarding the community and its residents.

Describe the neighborhood around Pacifica Senior Living Spring Valley. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

We are located in a residential community.

Is Pacifica Senior Living Spring Valley affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

We are not affiliated with any hospital but have three hospitals within two miles that can provide general medical services and dementia/ behavioral services.

Photos of Pacifica Senior Living Spring Valley

• Pets: No Pets Allowed

• Licenses: Memory Care Assisted Living
  • State Licenses: 2758-AGC-40

About Pacifica Senior Living Spring Valley

Pacifica Senior Living Spring Valley is a beautiful memory care community that is easily located in Las Vegas off of Tropicana. The community offers an exceptional Legacies Memory Care Program for those with Alzheimer’s disease or other forms of memory loss and dementia.

Our staff at Pacifica Senior Living Spring Valley provide the support, care and respect for our residents to continue living a full, enriching life. Legacies Memory Care Program focuses on the individual and their needs as they live each and every day. Each resident receives a personalized care plan that is carefully designed and implemented by our compassionate staff.

Map of Pacifica Senior Living Spring Valley