Elmcroft of La Mesa

4960 Mills Street, La Mesa, CA, 91942

Reviews of Elmcroft of La Mesa

June 28, 2015

My dad is over at Elmcroft of La Mesa. He has been there a month now, and it seems fine. It looks new -- and I don't know if it is new -- but it appears to be either new or newly renovated. His room is fine. It is newly painted, the rug is fine, and you bring your own furniture. On Thursday, they took my dad and several other men to a car show right there in La Mesa. They took photos, and he seemed to have a terrific time. That was wonderful, and I was surprised that he went and participated, but he did. They do things in the afternoon -- exercises, Bingo -- and they have performers come like the Elvis impersonator, ministers seem to come, and they sing some patriotic and religious songs on Sundays.

November 03, 2014

By Sabrin

My mother ended up in Elmcroft due to a fall and broken hip and inability to be independent in her home anymore. She uses a wheelchair or walker but thinks she can walk unassisted. Elmcroft was supposed to be using alarm on her chair so they would know when she tries to get up. The last 3 times I’ve visited they have not had the alarm attached. I’m sure she will continue to try to get up and walk and this is a disaster just waiting to happen. She has sustained wounds on both lower arms---left side scraped skin off from elbow to wrist when she got combative with caregivers and fell. The right arm was severely bruised another time---from elbow to wrist. Her lower legs often have deep bruising on them. I received no information regarding these injuries. When I have brought my concerns up to staff they have said they are glad to see her walking---yes if she’s using the supports needed---but apparently this is not a priority with them—As they do not use the alarm regularly. Several times when I’ve visited there have been no staff in sight. One time, when no staff were in sight, a resident fell and another tried to help her up---staff showed up just in the nick of time. From what I see the ratio of staff to residents is 1:10 or maye 1:8. With residents who have mobility and falling issues this is not appropriate. I cannot believe Elmcroft would continue to serve these residents knowing the hazards and potential for liability issues. To all others rating facilities on this website---be aware you should be filing complaints with Community Care Licensing. You can find their information on the Internet.

January 31, 2014

By Carole9

My husband moved in at Elmcroft of La Mesa the day after Thanksgiving. It was our choice because I was very impressed with the staff. They're very caring and knowledgeable about memory loss. We also chose it because it's memory care facility. It is what my husband needs. Also the facility is close to home. It's small, all on one floor. Apparently, they took it over from another company so they had redecorated it. Everything was repainted and they put in new carpeting, so it looks fresh. My husband is in a semi-private room. It has two rooms with a bathroom between. We had to furnish it ourselves, which is good. I took his pictures over there, so his room looks the same as it did here. It has a window that looks out onto a patio, which he could go out on. The bathroom is not a full bathroom. It's just a toilet and a sink because they have facilities for showering where they get help. For activities, they have exercise program everyday. They have conversations everyday. They have group games and individual games. They have field trips periodically. They would have animals that come and visit with the residents. They do a lot of things. They also provide for the spouses or family members a support group that meets once a month.

August 02, 2012

By wallace04

I think the staff here are truly caring individuals. They seem to be "Friends" with the Residents and not just caretakers. The atmosphere was friendly and warm when visiting. Highly reccomend Elmcroft of La Mesa! Great place with exceptional staff and care.

Photos of Elmcroft of La Mesa

• Staff Patient Ratio: 7 To 1
  • Pets: No Pets Allowed

• Licenses: 374602546

About Elmcroft of La Mesa

Residents of Elmcroft of La Mesa are proud of the independence they maintain and enjoy the security of 24-hour personalized assistance. While we offer a helping hand with day-to-day tasks such as dressing, bathing and medication monitoring, they are treated as the accomplished individuals they are. They enjoy the freedom of choosing their own agenda and activities, while feeling secure in knowing that we are always there to provide support should they need it.

Our staff undergoes the "Best Friends" training to better understand the personal care each of our residents deserves. We believe what those in our memory care program need most is friendship. They need someone who is positive and who will help them feel safe while preserving their dignity as they face dementia. Our Best Friends program allows us to care for our residents as we would a beloved family member or close friend.

Map of Elmcroft of La Mesa