Arden Courts of Kensington

★★★★
America's Highest Rated Communities

Reviews of Arden Courts of Kensington

DCFriendofACK July 18, 2012

Here is another example of ACK providing my dad what he needs. My dad has been a hard worker his entire life and sitting still is not something he is accustomed to. The staff at ACK knows this and they let him help them when he wants to. It makes him feel needed and valued. They show great respect for the dignity of their residents.

When I left him yesterday, he was in the dining room folding napkins. I asked him if he wanted to walk with me, and he said, "no, I am here to help out". And I could tell that he really felt good about that. He wasn't sitting alone, he wasn't agitating to leave, he wasn't getting upset or frustrated with anyone "“ these were all my fears and they have not come to pass.

Errose July 18, 2012

The day my family moved my husband, Bob, into Arden Courts Kensington was the worst day and the best day. Of course it's heart breaking to have to take that step with someone you love, but I am grateful every day for finding such a fine facility for him. My husband has Frontotemporal Degeneration (FTD), a form of dementia that is very different from Alzheimer's Disease. Because he is only 62 and physically quite healthy, and because the behavior variant of this disease can be a very difficult to comprehend, it is often a challenge to find a facility that will work with these patients. Arden Courts not only was willing, but went out of its way to prepare the caregivers for the quirkiness of this disease. He is receiving extraordinary care...he's safe, comfortable, content. Of course that is an immense comfort to me.

From Arden Courts of Kensington

Memory care is all we do.

Arden Courts offers dedicated Alzheimer's and dementia care in a safe and secure environment. We take time to learn about each resident's life story and preferences so that we can focus on providing the personalized memory care your loved one deserves.

Our staff is specially trained in the latest Alzheimer's and dementia caregiving techniques for many types of dementia including:

• Alzheimer's disease
  • Frontotemporal dementia
  • Lewy Body dementia
  • Combination of dementia diagnoses
  • Parkinson's disease dementia
  • Pick's disease
  • Vascular dementia

We also care for residents who wander and who display sundowning behaviors.

Our structured programs and personalized assistance help each Arden Courts resident maintain their highest level of independence and promotes their sense of well being.

Arden Courts is an intimate and comfortable community with delightful home-like settings, socializing areas, dining and entertainment, and easy access for residents with limited mobility. Our enclosed landscaped courtyard areas and 1/4 mile of walking paths are perfect for residents to socialize, exercise and garden while being safe and secure.

Our all-inclusive monthly fee simplifies budgeting throughout the disease process.

Call to arrange for your personalized tour of Arden Courts and see for yourself the difference experience makes at Arden Courts.

We know. We understand. We can help.

Features of Arden Courts of Kensington

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

Location of Arden Courts of Kensington