Arden Courts of Jefferson Hills

Top Nearby Memory Care Facilities

Reviews of Arden Courts of Jefferson Hills

November 11, 2013

By martinij

Both of my parents lived out there last few years at Arden Court. The staff was wonderful, loving and caring. I got to know most of the staff over the years, and was always amazed at their patience dealing with dementia patients. Staff cared for both of my parents in different but appropriate ways. They maintained their dignity and respected them. They took my mom to a Pirate game in 2011 and took the time to ensure that it was successful. She was such a Pirate fan that she was thrilled with the event. It gave us siblings the nudge to take her there three more times! I cannot say enough about the time I spent there. Even the folks with advanced dementia were cared for very well. The activities they had to celebrate the 4th of July, Veteran's Day, New Year's Eve etc were fun times to be there. Arden Courts allowed us to use the big room to celebrate birthdays etc with our large family. Yes, it costs a lot to be there, and we are fortunate that our parents could afford it. We did try several other facilities where staff did not treat my parents well...including the Directof of Nursing. At Arden Courts, they took an interest in my parents....in their lives before and in their lives past. It is an amazing place....

August 10, 2012

By Lovearden courts

Words cannot express my love for this community. My husband was living with me at home, I was his caregiver. At some point I knew I would need to find a facility to place him to ensure the safety of us both. When he began to question who I was and that our home of 52 years was not his home. I knew it was time. I stopped in on a Saturday afternoon to pick up a brochure. The staff was so gracious and the Marketer Terrie came in on her day off to meet me. I loved the building on the first tour, the residents were dressed so well and the smell of home cooked food radiated in the building. There was a singing program going on and it was filled with happy residents. Each staff member introduced themselves to me, and was so sincere. Throughout the next month the decision was made with my children, that we would move my husband into Arden Courts. We toured at least 6 others facilities. The move in process was so easy and the transition was smooth. Not only were they worried about my husband but there was concern for me. My husband has been living there for 8 months now and I believe it was faith that brought us to Arden Courts. The staff is wonderful; he is always happy and smiling. He enjoys the outdoors and has a group of friends he attends the activities with. It is amazing to me he does not call them by name but he looks for them as well as they look for him. Since he has become a resident there he has a busier social life than I do. The food is fantastic and the proof is a 5 pound weight gain I am pleased about. There is not one staff member I can say does not love their job there. It truly is a gift that we have both have become a part of the Arden Family.

August 09, 2012

By No-good

I seen too many things go bad here, residents being ignored, walking around with fecies all over them and leaking out of diaper. May times walked in and urine all over floor they sit around and do nothing exciting, most end up with life threatening bead sores They do not get washed the way they showed. I would never put any loved one in here. They are there to make money, not care for. For paying 5,000 a month you would think they would have decent food and longer than 5 min to woof it down. Sad place. Caregivers are a joke

June 30, 2012

By georgesalaske

It seemed like this facility was very safe and secure for the residents. There was advanced security throughout the buildings, such as keypad entry required to enter/leave mostly every door. Most of the residents there are far gone mentally, but some of them seemed to still have some of their young minds still with them. The staff seemed very friendly and more than willing to do whatever was necessary for the residents, despite their extremely needy tendencies. I know my cousin has a seemingly infinite amount of stories regarding some of the strange things she sees the residents do while she's at work. It's really somewhat sad to think that some of these people have become a victim to a disorder so powerful it can completely erase a person's entire history and identity from their memory. Grandparents can no longer recognize their children and grandchildren. Residents forget how to eat, bathe, or do simple mundane things you and I do every day and take for granted. The entire experience was saddening, sobering but rewarding at the same time. It definitely instilled within me a new set of values I was lacking before.

Photos of Arden Courts of Jefferson Hills

About Arden Courts of Jefferson Hills

Memory care is all we do.

Arden Courts offers dedicated Alzheimer's and dementia care in a safe and secure environment. We take time to learn about each resident's life story and preferences so that we can focus on providing the personalized memory care your loved one deserves.

Our staff is specially trained in the latest Alzheimer's and dementia caregiving techniques for many types of dementia including:

• Alzheimer's disease
  • Frontotemporal dementia
  • Lewy Body dementia
  • Combination of dementia diagnoses
  • Parkinson's disease dementia
  • Pick's disease
  • Vascular dementia

We also care for residents who wander and who display sundowning behaviors.

Our structured programs and personalized assistance help each Arden Courts resident maintain their highest level of independence and promotes their sense of well being.

Arden Courts is an intimate and comfortable community with delightful home-like settings, socializing areas, dining and entertainment, and easy access for residents with limited mobility. Our enclosed landscaped courtyard areas and 1/4 mile of walking paths are perfect for residents to socialize, exercise and garden while being safe and secure.

Our all-inclusive monthly fee simplifies budgeting throughout the disease process.

Call to arrange for your personalized tour of Arden Courts and see for yourself the difference experience makes at Arden Courts.

We know. We understand. We can help.

Map of Arden Courts of Jefferson Hills