Brookdale Mandarin Central

Overview of Ratings

4.1

June 30, 2014

By gil0338

What I don't like about Sterling House of Jacksonville is that they built a covered walkway to the entrance of the facility, and all the residents, with all sorts of medical conditions, just lined up on each side and eyed everybody who came in and went. If someone is coming or going, it's kind of depressing. Also, the dining area is large, but it has dark wall paneling, and there isn't that much sunlight coming in. I find it extremely dark. It's probably from the 70's or 80's era, so it's not bright. It would not motivate somebody; it is just like walking into an old room. The staff is extremely friendly, the cleaning people, and all that, but the residents seem more subdued. I would associate that to the atmosphere of the facility. The whole facility looks clean, but it's extremely outdated. If I had to say one thing about it, I'd say that it seemed depressing. I think it is still recommendable; the cost is a little bit less per month. I wouldn't say, "Don't go", because the staff seems like they are really trying to bend over backwards for the people. I am just saying that if someone were to become a resident there, I think it needs to be somebody who is a bit more subdued. They have programs and all, but the people aren't that active; they seem more like, for lack of a better way to describe it, like they were somehow sedated. They just stare at you, except for a few that come up and say hello.

June 28, 2014

By Debi7

We visited Sterling House of Jacksonville, and it's all good, but I didn’t see a lot of activities. The rooms were just right.

April 21, 2014

By Susan73424750

Sterling House was very lovely. It was not a big place, and I thought it were nice and cute. They let me go in, and I saw the rooms. They were lovely. It was a two-bedroom that had a shower, which was wheelchair accessible. It had a single bed, and they had a separate room in the area that had a chair. They gave three meals a day and they would assist you 24/7. It was very nice. They were sitting at the dining table and having lunch. Most of them were in their late 70s and 80s. Everyone seemed happy and seemed to be more independent. It was kind of a downtown older section where the homes were like where I lived.

May 22, 2012

By Diana2

We choose Sterling House of Jacksonville because it's not so far away from our home. They treat my Mom so well in the facility and I'm sure she's happy there. I would definitely recommend Sterling house of Jacksonville in Florida to my friends and families.

November 18, 2011

By mwr

Weekdays my wife gets good attention, but on weekends I feel they need to do better with their partime help.

August 17, 2011

By TherapyWorks

The sterling house in Jacksonville is the only one I have visited , but due to their amazing care , the company has ventured out into other cities as well. If that wasn't enough to grab your attention maybe the personal chefs or huge rooms will. Either way if this is your final destination or pit stop along the way , you won't be disappointed. I was lucky enough to play tennis and walk around the premises with some of the residence. Their feedback was exceptional of the facility , and when I asked if there was anything they would like to change , they replied with a humble I have all that I need.

June 12, 2011

By TannCute

Friend or relative of resident

My father in law lived here until he passed away in 2010. Other than having a mix up with his medications on a regular basis, he was treated well and seemed to be taken care of well. We never had a problem with that. Only with his medications not always being administered in time because the center wouldn't always contact his doctor for refills.

June 02, 2011

By WhitKitty

Friend or relative of resident

I was looking for a good assisted living facility for my mother, and I finally found that beautifull place. My mom have two months living there and she is very happy and motivated and I love that. I am impressed with the service that they give to people and how they care about every single of them. The quality of service is highly trustable and is complemented with the attention of the staff, they also cares about the health & the preferences of the people and make them feel comfortable there, so I trust that my mom is in an really good place. I higly recommend this facility to other people that are looking for a great living place for them, or for them relatives.

Features of Brookdale Mandarin Central

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites

• Features Extra: Library

• Financial Guidance Extra: Refer To Services That Can Help With Va Benefits, Refer Realtors, Refer To Financial Services

• Licenses: LNS license

About Brookdale Mandarin Central

At Brookdale Mandarin Central we know that memory losses due to Alzheimer's disease and other forms of dementia are progressive and residents' needs are continually changing. That's why we provide balance in our residents' capabilities, personalities, and preferences to create daily routines that enhance their spirits and increase their sense of purpose. We believe the amount of satisfaction our Alzheimer's and dementia care residents receive from the tasks that fill their days goes a long way to maintaining their sense of purpose and overall satisfaction with life. An integral part of this is our promise to encourage each resident to find Daily Moments of Success. To help our residents achieve these moments, our associates receive the tools and training needed in such key areas as specialized dining and the ongoing monitoring of healthcare and behavioral needs, to name a few.

We provide Alzheimer's and dementia care residents with the lifestyle, housing, and services they need in comfortable surroundings combined with the amenities, programs, and care to help stimulate recognition, recall, and wellness in a safe environment. Through years of caring for individuals with dementia, our professional care staff has learned to create optimal surroundings and approaches to care. Familiar environments that our residents have enjoyed throughout their lives are recreated to help them feel reassured and comfortable. The Alzheimer's and dementia care programs at Brookdale Mandarin Central are built to embrace, not restrict our residents' desire to wander and to provide a sense of belonging.

We are a secure community catering to specific needs of seniors in our community. With personalized service plans, we offer peace of mind to families, and individualized care that each residents deserves!

Map of Brookdale Mandarin Central