AutumnGrove Cottage Humble

5500 Atascocita Road, Humble, TX, 77346

Reviews of AutumnGrove Cottage Humble

crystalc December 22, 2012

During the tour that my mother and I took, I was surprised at how 'un-nursing home' this facility felt. We were looking into assisted living for my grandfather, who was suffering with Alzheimers and Dementia, and after some research, Autumn Grove seemed like the best place to start looking. The staff seemed genuinely caring, not only to us, but in the interactions that I noticed while I was there. The grounds and the buildings were in good repair and nicely furnished, and all of the residents looked to be well taken care of. All of them were dressed nicely and seemed pretty happy. In other nursing homes and assisted living places that I've viewed, residents often seemed unkempt, with stains on clothing, unbrushed hair, etc. I had an overall 'good feeling' about the place, and I can honestly say that it was the only place that we looked at that I would have considered having my grandfather stay. Residents appeared well monitored without being 'locked up'. This seemed like a really great place from what I saw, and family members that were there visiting told us that it was a great place.

Show 1 More Review Show Fewer Reviews - Write a Review

From AutumnGrove Cottage Humble

AutumnGrove Cottage is a sixteen resident, private-pay, assisted living home specializing in care for senior adults with Alzheimer’s disease and other dementia-related illnesses. To use an analogy, AutumnGrove Cottage™ is to the assisted living industry what a bed and breakfast is to the hotel industry. It is smaller, homelike in design and appearance, and personal. With only sixteen residents, the staff and families get to know each other in a very personal and intimate way.

There are many aspects that make AutumnGrove Cottage™ a unique concept, but the two most important differences are design and focus.

Design – From the moment you drive into the driveway, our cottage looks and feels like someone’s private home. This is one of the cornerstones in the AutumnGrove Cottage™ belief that people should be able to age in the same manner they are accustomed to living.

Focus – Alzheimer’s and memory care is not something we do it’s ALL we do. Our caregivers are “universal workers”. They are responsible for every need of the resident throughout their day including grooming, bathing, activities, preparing and assisting with meals. Our caregivers get to know the residents’ preferences and provide more personalized care. Our staff-to-resident ratio is over two times higher than most traditional assisted living facilities.

AutumnGrove Cottage Highlights

• Specialized, only providing Alzheimer’s and memory care
  • One all-inclusive price (no surprises with “levels of care” fees)
  • Unique, simple design for seniors with memory loss
  • 16 private bedrooms to promote intimate and personal care
  • Assistance with all day-to-day activities
  • High direct caregiver to resident ratio
  • Registered Nurse available 24 hours a day
  • Nutrition & hydration program designed specifically for those with memory loss

We honor the resident for the person that they are today, as well as who they were yesterday. We respect their dignity, optimize their individuality and focus on their remaining strengths and abilities. Everything we do centers around Alzheimer’s and memo

Features of AutumnGrove Cottage Humble

• Minimum rate: $5000/month

• Companion Suites We Do Not Offer Companion Suites
  • Housing Extra Cottage Style Living With 16 Private Bedrooms.

• Nurse On Staff We Have 24 Hour Nurses.

• Activities Extra Brain Stimulating Activities