The Hearth at Hendersonville

Top Nearby Memory Care Facilities

Reviews of The Hearth at Hendersonville

January 07, 2015

By concerned family member 01

I clicked one star only because there isn't a zero star option. My mother lived at this terrible, horrible, very bad, awful place for a few short months. In that time, she had a substantial amount of cash stolen from her room when she was out; she was not given food for 2 entire days; she was medicated with medications that were not authorized by her primary care physician to the extent that she was hospitalized emergently; she was condescended to and neglected at every turn...the list goes on. Suffice it to say, this place will take your loved one's money with promises of everything nice, then continue to add to the tab with a la carte services that are not only not provided, but also aggressively defended with excuses and false promises for not being provided. Management is a revolving door. Staff are rude, uncaring and exploitative. STAY FAR FAR FAR AWAY FROM THE HEARTH AT HENDERSONVILLE, TENNESSEE!

I am very sorry about your negative experience with us. We appreciate you sharing your concerns and frustrations, as we are dedicated to offering the very best in lifestyles and care at our community. We consistently strive to provide our residents with all they need to feel more comfortable and secure. We are continuously screening, hiring and training the best staff possible. They undergo extensive training prior to becoming a part of our team, as well as monthly in-service training to further enhance their skills. Please feel free to contact me at the building at 615-264-0779 to further discuss your concerns.

Thank You, Donna Olson, Executive Director

October 22, 2014

By Allison4

The room in Hearth at Hendersonville was very clean and spacious. They seemed to have a lot of activities for the residents, and they had a lot of choices for the food. It was beautiful, and they have beautiful gardens. I would recommend this community.

September 24, 2014

By Mother's watchdog

My mother was in the Keepsake Village memory care unit of the Hearth. There were many broken promises regarding her care as outlined in the resident handbook. Three executive directors and four wellness directors in 2 years. The care giving personnel was constantly changing. Management of facility and communication with family was nonexistent. I would urgently advise anyone considering this facility to go elsewhere. I have moved my mother and the care level is night and day above what she was receiving at the Hearth. She’s much happier at her new location and receiving much better care.

March 31, 2014

By Diane80730650

Mom started out at the Hearth of Hendersonville, which is just about 20 miles from my house. She has only been in there a year. A lot of my friends' parents are actually there now. It's almost full now, and they just opened last April. It's like a 5-star hotel, very nice. The staff was great. She just mixed right in and was really into the activities and crafts. She's very artsy. She likes cleaning her own room, but she eventually got to learn everybody there, got to know all the young girls who would come in and clean her room. She finally settled and let them do their thing when she realized they were just being her friends. We've not had any problems with them. They gave her a going away party when she was moving to Florida and did not want her to leave. They have a great activities director. They have games and two outings a week. They have bus tours. They do picnics when the weather is nice. I like the atmosphere and the unit itself, huge room. My mom did not have a kitchen, but the food was wonderful.

March 29, 2014

The Hearth was wonderful. They gave us wine when we went to a special event. It was an open house; they had food, they had wine, and they were very nice. They took me to the closed units, which they don’t normally do, because that’s where my mother-in-law would’ve been. That was very nice of them to do. I thought they were very professional. It was clean, and it seemed like a pleasant place to live.

December 08, 2013

By WalkwithLewy

My dad was initially placed in the Assisted Living side of The Hearth but within a week he was told he must move to the Memory Care side if he wanted to stay. While on the Assisted Living side, my parents paid for extra money for a nurse to give him his medications three times a day. The Hearth suggested we not visit him for the first few days so he could get used to living there. After about 4 days we got a call from The Hearth that he was wandering at night and not able to use the toilet--those were never problems in the past. We discovered the nurse had missed all doses of his medications. In hindsight I think it was an omen for the future but we had no choice but to have him move to the Memory Care side of the facility. The director promised my dad could attend activities in the Assisted Living side and eat dinner there, but in fact, they made it nearly impossible for my dad to go over to that side because Memory Care is a closed department and my dad needed to find staff members to open the doors for him. Within days he had given up finding staff to help him go over there, and he just spent his days on the Memory Care side. Most of the staff were extremely nice to my dad, particularly the staff members who had daily contact with my dad. Unfortunately, nice staff is only one important factor of handing over care of a loved one to a facility. My dad died in the summer of 2014 and we later discovered hundreds of doses of my dad's medications were not administered to him. Months of medications that were prescribed to him by his doctors were simply not given to him. Because of our initial first problem with The Hearth the first week my dad went into the facility, we were particularly careful checking the medical records. Every once in a while we found some errors but not to the extent of what we later discovered. The Hearth records did not match the proof of the doses that were not given. Sadly there were other areas of care that were not handled well but I think those were due to inadequate staffing levels. When you only have a handful of workers and 30 residents, the workers are spread too thin. My dad had his identity stolen by a worker and approximately $8000 in fraudulent charges on his debit card. The staffer went into his drawer, found his wallet and wrote the information down on a piece of paper so we didn't know of the damage until the charges came through because my dad still had the physical card in his wallet. The staffer was arrested but The Hearth never apologized for hiring temporary staff without background checks. After the initial problem with The Hearth missing my dad's medications, I reported my concerns to the State of TN Department of Health but they basically told me the requirements of assisted living facilities are quite low so care is not good overall with any facilities so I should adjust my expectations. I am incredibly sad and sorry that my dad had to face not only a difficult disease but also the realities of living at The Hearth. We will never know if my dad died sooner than necessary because he didn't get his medications or if he suffered needlessly during the last months of life because of not getting them. I want other people to know what happened to him so maybe they will think twice about choosing The Hearth or be extra diligent in supervising the care of their loved one.

Photos of The Hearth at Hendersonville

• Financial Aid

• Licenses: ACL0000000321
  • State Licenses: ACL0000000321

About The Hearth at Hendersonville

There's nothing quite like The Hearth at Hendersonville. Our beautiful, modern facilities meet the needs of all our residents, whether living independently or requiring assistance through our assisted living or memory care programs. We believe that The Hearth at Hendersonville is the not only the best option for independent living,assisted living and memory care in the Hendersonville, Tennessee area, it's also the friendliest and most engaging community. We laugh. We learn. Members and staff mingle as friends. We focus on the details that are truly the most important: our health, our minds, our spirit and purpose, friends and family.

Our senior living community is designed to offer you a maintenance-free lifestyle so you can pursue your interests. If you require a helping hand, it's there, almost before you knew you needed it. If a little more assistance is needed, an easy transition to Assisted Living is possible, without ever needing to change apartments.

Through our warm and welcoming, purposefully designed environment, as well as a full range of services, amenities and activities, residents have countless opportunities to pursue their passions, find purpose and fulfillment, and feel proud to call The Hearth® home.

Map of The Hearth at Hendersonville