Citadel Estates

3701 West 183rd St, Hazel Crest, IL, 60429

Top nearby Memory Care Facilities

Reviews of Citadel Estates

Caring106878950 February 28, 2015

I went to see the Arden. They were for memory care, and they are OK. All the places that I went to, the staff were excellent because they want your business. They all have individual rooms and individual bathrooms. The only thing I didn't care about is the hallway which is kind of long and dark. It wasn't a really bright and cheerful place as I thought. It was a place I was thinking of putting my mother in. The people were eating, and the food looked decent on the table. It didn't look like mush or anything, but I didn't taste anything myself. The dining room has little tables of four with tablecloths. It has china plates and real silverware. Each table has a little centerpiece on it like you would have in your house. They were doing something with music like a twister game on the floor. I couldn't figure out how these people were going to do the twister on the floor. I think they were throwing something on the floor once she says the color. Other group was watching Wheel of Fortune. As for security, you have to buzz in and buzz out.

Caring98718950 December 15, 2014

My father was at Arden Courts of Hazel Crest for two weeks. They were one of the firsts to respond to my call, they were one of the first places that I looked at, and I was just very impressed. They had four different units, they had caregivers on each unit, and I just like the area that it was in. I like that it was just one level. They had a little breakfast area. It was very clean, and the scenery was nice outside and very calming. The staff were very caring and attentive. They knew each of their residents and their needs. They had activities going on all the time for the residents. They play games, watch movies, and go out within the confines of the facility and walk around. Once a month, they have support groups for the other family members so they too could meet other family members and develop a supportive network. I would definitely recommend them.

Hattie3 August 14, 2014

Arden Courts was really nice. It was clean and everything was in order. The only drawback was it was not affordable. The staff was really nice. They have private rooms, community rooms for activities, and a place where they can sit around and enjoy one another. Each wing had its own dining area.

Susan62462750 June 17, 2013

My sister was impressed by Arden Courts and the convenience of the location for the drive made us decide to choose this place for my dad. The rooms were spacious. My dad was there for only four days in total though. When he arrived, they couldn't handle him so they sent him to a psych ward the next day and he stayed there for 3 weeks. When he came back, he fell and broke his hip so he was hospitalized, had surgery, and a week later, he died. We felt they were not equipped for dealing with his dementia. We sent them a letter but they have not responded. I would not recommend this place.

js3473 September 02, 2012

Although my mom didn't stay long at this facility, the facility was really nice. The atmosphere was very warm and there was quite a bit of outdoor space as well. The security was excellent as residents can roam around freely without loved ones needing to worry about them wandering away. Unfortunately my mom deteriorated quickly after going to this facility and really never had the opportunity to become really well adjusted there.

healher September 08, 2010

Positive experience here

I had my parent here for a 2 week respite and although it was hard for me coming from our home, all in all the staff was good and friendly. The food was good and after a few days getting adjusted we were managing it o.k. Depending on your seniors needs this place is definately worth a look. They have a great layout - they have 4 seperate "homes" (wings) that each have a living room, kitchen, dining room for the residents so it has more of a home like setting. The main area has the activity rooms. The residents leave "home" for the activities. The activity coordinator was doing a great job keeping everyone engaged. Like anything, just make sure to check and double check things are understood and happening as they should in regards to meds, etc.

About Citadel Estates

Citadel Estates is a dementia and memory care facility in Hazel Crest, IL that specializes in the housing and care of patients with Alzheimer's disease and other forms of dementia. Contact Citadel Estates for more details on memory care services and rates.

Location of Citadel Estates