Brookdale Hamilton

1645 Whitehorse-Mercerville Road, Hamilton, NJ, 08619

Reviews of Brookdale Hamilton

May 01, 2015

By William105794450

I was very impressed with Clare Bridge of Hamilton. We were actually scheduling to move my mother to that facility. Their whole thing was memory loss. I was also very impressed with the executive director. The rooms were actually fairly generous. I think they had a couple of dining room areas. The facility was very pleasant. Everything was on the same floor which was nice. It was pretty much surrounded by woodlands, so it had a very pleasant setting. The staff was very accommodating, and they're constantly getting training in terms of dealing with patients with memory loss. They work closely internally with one of the hospitals in the area.

September 13, 2014

Clare Bridge of Hamilton was nice. I was there for over two hours. The administrator not only took me through every area, including several different apartment configurations, both the memory wing and the regular assisted living, but she also showed me the different activities, including physical activities. They also have less physical activities, like painting and baking. It was good and nice. They had different several different configurations; some are like a dorm style. One side of the suite was one bedroom and the other side was another bed, and then there was a common area, like a small sitting or living room area and one common bathroom but their own private bathroom; they didn’t have to go down the hall. She showed me many configurations: there were one big room with a living and bathroom area. There was a good sized bedroom, bathroom, and big entrance foyer with a little table and chairs. Some of them had partial kitchens or kitchenettes, and she said if your loved one was able to have a microwave they would have a microwave but if you didn’t want it for them they would take it out but no stove. It seemed clean and smelled clean, but it didn’t smell medicinal. Dining room is beautiful, and it’s actually set up like a restaurant with tablecloths. I was offered to stay for lunch, but I couldn’t do that. But it smelled good and it made me hungry. They provide snacks throughout the day at a counter with different individually wrapped things that you could get.

December 17, 2012

By Joseph7

We like the location of Clare Bridge. The reviews I read on it were excellent. I'm really confident in the staff that they have there. The therapists were really great. My father has a problem with balance. He fell a couple of times and they alerted me right away. He was not injured but they still wanted to let me know that he did fall. The rooms are fabulous and my dad has his own room. It's laid out pretty good. There were several dining rooms and it smelled like home cooking.

June 27, 2012

By ngrass

The facility is very nice but going there is never a good thing. My grandfather has alzheimers so seeing him is nice just not nice under those circumstances. The staff is nice however they will not let him have ice chips which is weird. He seems to be doing better but he has good days and he has bad days as well. The staff also seems to genuinely care about the patients as well which adds a nice touch to an unfortunate situation.

Photos of Brookdale Hamilton

Features of Brookdale Hamilton

About Brookdale Hamilton

At Brookdale Hamilton we know that memory losses due to Alzheimer's disease and other forms of dementia are progressive and residents' needs are continually changing. That's why we provide balance in our residents' capabilities, personalities, and preferences to create daily routines that enhance their spirits and increase their sense of purpose. We believe the amount of satisfaction our Alzheimer's and dementia care residents receive from the tasks that fill their days goes a long way to maintaining their sense of purpose and overall satisfaction with life. An integral part of this is our promise to encourage each resident to find Daily Moments of Success. To help our residents achieve these moments, our associates receive the tools and training needed in such key areas as specialized dining and the ongoing monitoring of healthcare and behavioral needs, to name a few.

We provide Alzheimer's and dementia care residents with the lifestyle, housing, and services they need in comfortable surroundings combined with the amenities, programs, and care to help stimulate recognition, recall, and wellness in a safe environment. Through years of caring for individuals with dementia, our professional care staff has learned to create optimal surroundings and approaches to care. Familiar environments that our residents have enjoyed throughout their lives are recreated to help them feel reassured and comfortable. The Alzheimer's and dementia care programs at Brookdale Hamilton are built to embrace, not restrict our residents' desire to wander and to provide a sense of belonging.

Map of Brookdale Hamilton