Pacifica Senior Living Palm Beach

4760 S Jog Rd, Greenacres, FL, 33467

Reviews of Pacifica Senior Living Palm Beach

May 22, 2015

By judypeppermom

I brought my mother there in October 2013 for what I planned to be just one weekend of respite care as my family and I had a trip out of town. To my great surprise, upon returning my mother did not want to leave! She has been living at Pacifica ever since. It has been about a year and a half now and she is happier than ever there and my siblings and I have peace of mind that mom is well taken care of. It is a warm, "homey", non-institutional setting of "cottages" unlike any other ALF I have visited. I highly recommend Pacifica to anyone in search of care for their loved one(s)!

August 05, 2014

The people at Pacifica were very helpful and they work with you. My dad lives there. They recently painted the building and it looks nice and neat. There is no smell. His room has enough space; he has a window and it is well-lit. They send you a calendar each month with the schedule and what they are doing. He says he doesn't really like the food, but he likes ice cream. The place is well-secured.

July 01, 2014

By shapack

Amazing! All residents were neatly groomed, dressed and HAPPY. The facility is clean, cheerful and has the comfortable feeling of a private home. I was so impressed with the beautiful courtyards in which residents have the freedom to come and go. I can't say enough good things about the staff and their caring interaction with residents. I was given the freedom to speak with residents. Everyone with whom I spoke was very happy with the care and lifestyle at Pacifica.

April 24, 2014

By Lynnemathews

As a RN and daughter of an Alzheimer's patient, I highly recommend Pacifica. The cottages feel like a home. The staff is caring, compassionate and treat residents with respect. The management team under Ms Windsome's leadership are outstanding, tenured and responsive. Making a decision to place my mother in a facility was gut wrenching. I now wish I would have done it sooner. She is truly happy, safe and well care for. I enjoy visiting and have gotten to know several of the residents. I did my home work and glad I chose Pacifica. Sincerely Lynne, RN

March 26, 2014

By Allan3

Mom is at Pacifica Senior Living Palm Beach. We actually visited several facilities and we were most impressed with this one that is why we chose it for her. I felt very comfortable with the place. Everything is totally perfect there and I am happy with that. I would recommend this facility.

August 15, 2013

By sadie1625

I am very pleased with the facility and staff. I searched quite a few places and this one fit the needs that I was looking for, for my loved one. Keeping her in a secure place but giving her as much access as she wanted to enjoy outdoors. It is very comfortable to bring my small kids on visits do to the access to the secured courtyard that they love the freedom to play in while I sit and visit my loved one.

July 06, 2013

By gael1

Pacifica is a lovely graded memory care facility. There are three levels of care each with their own group of cottages. All cottages are exactly alike to reduce distress for the patient when it is necessary to move to another level of care. The staff is knowledgable and caring. However, this is not a nursing home and does not have trained medical support. For example, my husband could not go there because he is a juvenile diabetic and requires assistance with his insulin pump. There is no one there to aid him. I would highly recommend considering Pacifica if your only issue is dementia.

May 17, 2013

By Sandra24

The Cottages didn't have the ambiance that some of the other facilities did. They spend all their money on the lobby to make a good impression on people, but when they come in, care is horrible. My girlfriend was in there. She had a roommate who had a stroke and couldn't feed herself. Nobody had time to feed her, and it seems that they just didn't care. So they delivered the food to her everyday then came back and took away the tray with the uneaten food after a certain time. I would not care to be in a place like that.

March 09, 2013

By Sally9

Pacifica Senior Living has more of a family style setup where they have 14 rooms and they share a big kitchen and a living room. And it's all on the first floor. She gets up every morning, gets her breakfast or she can go walk outside with her walker. We're very happy with their service.

June 28, 2012

By Carolyn2

My Mom was at the Cottages for two years, and it was the best facility for her. My Mom was able to walk outside (in a gated area), which she loved, and enjoy the fresh air. The meals were fantastic, the nurses and caregivers were kind, helpful, and pleasant, the activities were appropriate,and the staff outside of the immediate cottage were amazingly caring. I would recommend this facility to everyone!!

June 24, 2012

By Pat Callaghan

My Mom resided at Pacifica Senior LIving Center for 2 and 1/2 years; until she died from alzheimer's disease. The greatest place she could have lived!!

Questions About Pacifica Senior Living Palm Beach

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Helen Altieri, the Executive Director is a certified Alzheimer's Level I and II Trainer for the State of Florida and is qualified to deliver ongoing training for all of the staff as required by State law.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

We have 7 cottages with a maximum of 14 residents per cottage with 2 caregivers in each cottage per shift.

What programs or activities does Pacifica Senior Living Palm Beach offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

We offer validation therapy, music, special occasion events, reminiscing activities, and outings for our residents to attend.

Our resident Services Director who is a licensed nurse assesses each resident prior to move in, 30 days after move in, and six months thereafter except when a significant change in their condition occurs.

What techniques does Pacifica Senior Living Palm Beach use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

We offer our residents choices by involving the resident in selecting their meals. Each course is served individually as to not overwhelm the resident with an abundance of food.

How does Pacifica Senior Living Palm Beach keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Within 2 weeks of move in, we have a Roundtable meeting where the family and the management Team meet to re-introduce themselves and discuss their loved ones plan of care. In addition, we have quarterly meetings to discuss their progress.

Describe the neighborhood around Pacifica Senior Living Palm Beach. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Pacifica Senior Living Palm Beach is situated in a residential neighborhood with shopping, hospitals and physician offices nearby.

Is Pacifica Senior Living Palm Beach affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

We do have relationships with a few different hospitals nearby where our residents go to if necessary.

Photos of Pacifica Senior Living Palm Beach

Features of Pacifica Senior Living Palm Beach

• Minimum Memory Cost: $3650/month

• Pharma

• Pets: No Pets Allowed

About Pacifica Senior Living Palm Beach

Located in Greenacres, FL, Pacifica Senior Living Palm Beach offers full-service memory care programs, providing a warm, inviting and familiar environment for residents with Alzheimer's disease and other forms of dementia. Our community focuses on programs that help individuals with memory loss to thrive while managing the issues of dementia.

Our residential care community offers an atmosphere of home and comfort, reducing the feeling of loneliness and confusion. We understand how important this is to our residents and their loved ones. While providing the best in customized care for our residents, we also provide support and education, helping the entire family enhance their understanding and happiness.

Map of Pacifica Senior Living Palm Beach