StoryPoint at Independence Village of Grand Ledge

11555 Silverstone Lane, Grand Ledge, MI, 48837

Reviews of StoryPoint at Independence Village of Grand Ledge

unkept August 25, 2015

Other

We would NOT recommend StoryPoint to anyone. My mother-in-law was put in a wheelchair and left there all day to sit. No one would come when she would push button for help. Food is terrible. For what the families are paying per month, there should be a world class chef cooking there. The same goes for Independence Village, food should be way better than it is. And if someone dies after they paid the rent for the month, don't count on getting any of it back to help with funeral costs, etc. They don't refund the money.

Caring87801750 July 31, 2014

Story Point is beautiful and brand new. However, I don't like it. They have so much change over. Since my mom has been there in nine months, they have three RNs and not they are looking for another one. Its pathetic nobody knows what the right hand is doing. Everything is corporate. They just make major changes. They decide to bring the patients to this side of the lock down unit and they say: "We are going to keep your mother on this side", with all the people who have their head pinned over their chairs and they don't talk. My mother still talks. They don’t have a house cleaning staff because they say they cannot hire a person until they are totally staffed, but they are making $4,000 per patient. I ask them water two or three times a day because she is now in a wheelchair because she fell there. They neglect, neglect, neglect, but you know what? She's still there because I have to deal with it. I just send them an email this morning saying in 21 days, they have walked her 9 times and they are supposed to walk her three times a day. Story Point has open for a year and they keep telling they have glitches. Well, glitches means they don’t even know how to train their staff on their iPad so when the next staff comes in nobody knows what happen to the first shift. Now, they are saying they are doing that, but I don’t know. I am so discouraged. However, it is not my first rodeo, it’s the third one she's been in and they are all alike.

Caring73478950 November 29, 2013

I found a place for my mom called Story Point. The environment there is beautiful. It is nice and clean. The staff is just astronomical from the office staff to the nurses and nurses aides. Everyone there is really great. They take their time with the residents. They have activities for them all day. They have activities starting right after breakfast. My mom loves their everyday food. They just had a Thanksgiving dinner last night for the residents and their families and the food was great.

From StoryPoint at Independence Village of Grand Ledge

Visit our new specialized and secure Memory Care Community. It’s home to trained professionals who work closely with residents to promote their greatest well-being and independence while supporting individual needs with dignity and respect.

Assistance is provided in a secured, licensed, specifically designed environment. Our staff is specially trained in handling behavior associated with memory impairments.

Features of StoryPoint at Independence Village of Grand Ledge