Brookdale Goodlettsville Memory Care

Overview of Ratings

3.2

July 17, 2013

By Mazda

I could only rate this a one and that's being generous. I've visited this facility numerous times, I would not recommend letting your loved one live here, the people they hire which are resident assistants are NOT certified as they tell you when you first visit the facility, they are just people off the street and most have NO experince. They do not watch the residents like they should, my relative I have there has a bed alarm which is never on the bed so she is on the floor constantly. They are not changed properly or promptly, the staff I've over heard , several arguments with fowl language. The residents get dehydrated because no one takes the time to help them to drink. When my relative was on purée they have been many times its still been frozen. I would NEVER recommend letting my loved one or anyone live at this terrible place, it's a nightmare!

May 16, 2013

By mrjack

I had just started my search for dementia care for my mother when I was referred to Clare Bridge. I had the pleasure of meeting Kelly who took the time to listen to what my mothers needs were as well as what our families needs were. She then came and met mother and helped ease our minds on the hardest decision we had to make. She made is feel like we were making the best possible decision for Mom. I am so grateful that we found Clare Bridge and Kelly who made our lives much easier.

April 17, 2013

I visited Clare Bridge of Goodlettsville which is just a couple of miles from my house. I liked it very much but they didn't have an opening at that time. From what I could see from the visit, it looked like a pretty neat place. Everything was neat and clean. They had a lot of little stations where residents could go. They had one that had yarn while one had sewing and another scrapbooking. For my mom at this point, she was too far along to enjoy that but some of the other patients could have. That was really nice and they seemed like they had a lot of activities planned.

March 21, 2013

By Meta1

My mom has Alzheimer's. I visited many facilities in the Nashville area. I always left crying. When I visited Clare Bridge, I knew this was where she belonged. The staff treats her like she is their own grandmother. The food is not only nutritious, but also delicious. There is a registered nurse there full time. I visit often, several times a week. Mom is always clean. She is well cared for. She is now under hospice care there, and the hospice staff says this is the most attentive facility they visit. Mom has been there for over three years, in a wheelchair. She cannot turn herself when in bed. She has had no skin breakdowns. They even turn her and change her during the night!

May 22, 2012

By mothergrandmothergma

I had to rate this facility before my comment would be excepted. The lowest rating I could give was one star. However, based on my experience when my mother was at Clare Bridge I believe a one star is too high. I believe this facility is terrible. I moved mother into Clare Bridge on November 11, 2010 at the urging of Wanda, the campus director. I had visited Clare Bridge and received the "horse and pony" show although at the time I believed what I was seeing. On Christmas Eve, 2010 mother was admitted to the hospital. She was dehydrated. She spent 24 hours in the hospital so they could hydrate her. In Feb, 2011 I walked into Clare Bridge at 10AM to find most of the residents in the dining area with no staff attending them because they were ALL in a staff meeting. Mother had her head down on the table in vomit where she had lost some of her breakfast. My reaction at that time was to get her out of that place. However, Wanda convinced me that this had never happened before and assured me that she would see that in the future there was always staff with the residents. On Sunday April 10, 2011 I received a phone call from the nurse at Clare Bridge who informed me that mother's arm was broken. While pushing her in her wheelchair they had managed to break her upper arm (the Humerus) completely in half. Mother spent 3 days in the hospital then was moved to Vanco Manor where she received wonderful care until her death on June 10, 2011. I have no idea how the staff person at Clare Bridge managed to break mother's arm while pushing her in her wheelchair and try as I did I could get no information from Wanda or anyone else at Clare Bridge. The most we got was a statement from Wanda which was "we didn't kill her, we just broke her arm". I will never know what they actually did to my mother. I do know that the last 2 months of mother's life was filled with terrible pain. As for Wanda and the staff at Clare Bridge there was complete APATHY for mother with the only exception being one of the part-time workers. PLEASE, if you are considering placing a loved one at this facility think long and hard.

May 22, 2012

By MissingMother

My comment would not be accepted with a rate. However, I believe this facility is less than terrible and deserves NO STAR at all. My mother was there for 5 months and I was there almost everyday and I wouldn't advise anyone to leave a loved one at this facility.

July 27, 2011

By kjhensley

The care my aunt receives is genuine and loving. In a home where all the patients have some type of dementia, it would be easy to ignore them or just do the basic stuff. They caregivers reach out to the patients and engage them. That is rare to find.

Let Us Search For You

Care

Save Stress

Features of Brookdale Goodlettsville

About Brookdale Goodlettsville

At Brookdale Goodlettsville we know that memory losses due to Alzheimer's disease and other forms of dementia are progressive and residents' needs are continually changing. That's why we provide balance in our residents' capabilities, personalities, and preferences to create daily routines that enhance their spirits and increase their sense of purpose. We believe the amount of satisfaction our Alzheimer's and dementia care residents receive from the tasks that fill their days goes a long way to maintaining their sense of purpose and overall satisfaction with life. An integral part of this is our promise to encourage each resident to find Daily Moments of Success. To help our residents achieve these moments, our associates receive the tools and training needed in such key areas as specialized dining and the ongoing monitoring of healthcare and behavioral needs, to name a few.

We provide Alzheimer's and dementia care residents with the lifestyle, housing, and services they need in comfortable surroundings combined with the amenities, programs, and care to help stimulate recognition, recall, and wellness in a safe environment. Through years of caring for individuals with dementia, our professional care staff has learned to create optimal surroundings and approaches to care. Familiar environments that our residents have enjoyed throughout their lives are recreated to help them feel reassured and comfortable. The Alzheimer's and dementia care programs at Brookdale Goodlettsville are built to embrace, not restrict our residents' desire to wander and to provide a sense of belonging.

Map of Brookdale Goodlettsville