Brookdale North Gilbert

845 N. El Dorado Drive, Gilbert, AZ, 85233

Reviews of Brookdale North Gilbert

December 27, 2013

By You know who u are

This place is horrible you think your loved ones are being taken care of your wrong. I have seen first hand a director who only cares about cutting corners nurses who yell at our loved ones and call them snobby children. There are barely any activities snacks are always missed and there meal options are limited. I would be fearful of my family coming to this community the head director Linda cuts corners and our loved ones suffer. I rate this place a one and that's pushing it.

September 27, 2013

By Mary68837850

I had a tour at Emeritus at Gilbert and the place is very nice. The lady that took me around was very knowledgeable and very helpful. The facility appeared to be very clean and organized. They allow pets which I like because my mother has a small dog. They have a nice ground where they can go out and walk and the dogs can go out too. The place is very open, bright, and the residents seemed relaxed and happy even though most of them are in wheelchairs.

April 17, 2013

By caring0328213

My grandmother is in the Emeritus at Gilbert. The cleanliness of the place is fine, and the staff is very nice. They should make their food more accommodating to special diets, and a little bit healthier, though.

January 21, 2012

By JerrBear

From my experience this home seems very nice. My grandma moved in here about a year ago, and although she was wary of it at first, she seems to have grown to like it quite a bit. She has made many friends there and enjoys socializing and participating in activities with her new friends. She likes the fact that it is not like "living in a hospital" but more like a community of older people. She fits in well and is generally happy. She says the staffs is all very nice, and seem sincere in their care. They ar not just doing a job, but actually care for her wellbeing. This is a very good sign. She likes the meals there and the scheduled activities as well. She says it gives her something to do and look forward to, rather than just sitting at home, occupying herself. Overall, very happy with this home, and would recommend it to others.

November 08, 2011

By Hoping for Change

Other

The facility looks lovely, requires you to wait for door to be opened, in evening that could take a few minutes sometimes 5 or more. Employees are cheerful and outgoing. Menu choices have been changed to include more starches, but tastes good. Sometimes there should be more protein in standard evening meals-since their budget was cut. Since most residents are memory care, offsite activities are not on the schedule this last year. There is only one walkway they can use in the court yard. When weather permits AND they have 2 members of staff available they sometimes walk to a close HOA park. Ask to look in several residents bathrooms and kitchen areas, look at sinks and toilets for cleanliness. Housekeeping is often over looked-inadequate staff- and sometimes requires resident or family member reminders. Basic maintence requests require follow-ups. Also due to reduction in staff, activities are often preempted or changed. Snacks are not always given per the stated 3 times a day. In past year there have been 3 Executive Directors. Employees and on-site Management are stretched too thin.

October 14, 2011

By Babycakes2

My mother lived at Emeritus for over 5 years. I visited at least every week and came at different times - mornings, afternoons, late evenings, etc. I always found the staff friendly and the facility clean. I would give Emeritus a 5 star rating, except my mother would complain occasionally about the food. However, she has always been very picky. There were many meals she did like. They had different chefs so she had favorites. I would recommend Emeritus to a friend.

August 20, 2011

By Emmyrose

This is a medium size 38 apartment facility. All are 1 bedroom with partial kitchens.Since the specialize in memory care residents it is a secure facility. They are licensed for all three levels and have hospice residents.It is one story. The building and grounds are beautiful with flowers, fountains, and greenery. The courtyard is in the center.There walk paths and covered patios. They have scenic views of the lake and golf course.There is a garden area. There is a licensed nurse on staff and on call and 3 certified caregivers on each shift..There is a doctor and physcians assistant who visit weekly and are on call. Each resident has an alert pendant or bracelet. There is a physical therapist available when needed. There is a central kitchen and dining room. They have a culinary chef on staff. They offer three meals a dat with a large variety. Snacks are always available. They are very big on activities. As well the usual games of bingo and cards yjry endeavor to bring in lots of outside entertainment a musicians etc. They have bbqs,parties, movie nite, and ice cream socials.They take the residents on outings to movies and other events, Yje staff seems very caring and there is a homey feel to this place. I was very impressed.

Photos of Brookdale North Gilbert

Features of Brookdale North Gilbert

• State Licenses: AL7864

About Brookdale North Gilbert

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Map of Brookdale North Gilbert