Pacifica Senior Living Fort Myers

Overview of Ratings

4.6

April 25, 2017

By H052351

The people I met at Pacifica Senior were very open and seemed to have a good grasp on how to deal with people with memory issues. The staff was very pleasant, and they seemed to have a nice range of activities. The community had cottages that were very small, manageable units without long hallways. There was a garden that they can go in. It had a home-like atmosphere.

March 27, 2017

By Terese142377

The nursing to patient ratio was awesome and the facility was very nice. The problem I have with them was their rooms was like 1 big room, and other places have 1 bedroom apartments, and I was more interested in that. But everything regarding Pacifica was great except that their bedroom and living area was all one big room; there was no separation. They had a lot of regular activities planned and family nights. The location is great as it’s right next to a hospital and right next to a medical park which is awesome; that’s one of the reasons I visited as all the doctors are there, but they just didn’t have units that were conducive for what we wanted.,

January 06, 2017

By Edie608465

I didn't like that most of the rooms were shared at Pacifica. They had cottages and did not have a doctor, but they had a nurse practitioner. You have to move as you progress in your illness. It was more expensive and wasn't as nice. They had different units, the place was clean, and the people were very nice and friendly. I just didn't like the setup.

July 01, 2016

By Chip361344

Pacifica was excellent, classy, inviting, warm, and a lot nicer. They had activities and amenities with a lot of things for people to do and lots of nice areas to do them in. They had a nice area to walk around in and a courtyard. Overall, it's very nice.

June 17, 2016

By Rod010667

My mother-in-law has been in Pacifica Senior Living for three weeks. It seems to be good. She has fallen five times, and the staff is concerned about her fall frequency. The place is set up with five cottages that have 14 residents per cottage. She has a private room, but there are also double rooms. They group people according to their level of care.

Rod, thank you for leaving this detailed feedback about your experience with our community. Your feedback and opinion are very important to us. We strive to provide excellent care to our residents and their families. Here at Pacifica Senior Living Fort Myers we are all family!

June 10, 2016

By Sharon886831

Pacifica Senior Living Fort Myers was very nice. The staff seemed very nice, friendly, and caring. The place was beautiful, and clean. It had a different kind of interesting. They had it broken up into 5 different homes there. That was an interesting concept which I think could probably be very nice. They had individual kitchens in each one of the houses at Pacifica. They have a large dining room, and they also had a large kitchen where most of the food was prepared. It seemed very calm, and nice. They had a lot of activities. This was the interesting part, and I thought it was a good idea. They individually design the programs for the patients for each of the houses, and they usually kept the people who were pretty much of the same level in the same level. They design the programs around the level of the people who were living there so you had 5 different opportunities to have different programs for each of the levels the people were at. I think it's a good concept.

Sharon, thank you for leaving this detailed feedback about your experience with our community. We strive to provide excellent care to our residents at Pacifica Senior Living Fort Myers. Also, did you know we have a Facebook page and post weekly pictures of our residents and their interesting activities? (The link to the Facebook page is on our website).

May 29, 2016

By Sharon565380

Pacifica Senior Living Fort Myers was very pleasant. The person who represents them was very informative and very experienced. She knew exactly what to show and tuned into what our needs are going to be, so it was a very positive experience. This is a memory care facility and are very engaged with keeping the residents busy and not sitting around. They have the ability to go outdoors at will because of the way it is set up, do music therapy with them, have children visiting, and encourage them to use the garden. It is very different from where my mom is now.

You really made our day today. Thank you very much for sharing these comments, Sharon. We strive to provide excellent high level, quality care to our residents and their families at Pacifica Senior Living Fort Myers. We have a Facebook page & post weekly pictures of our lovely residents and their interesting activities that they are engaged in. We have found that it is a nice way to stay connected to your loved one. (The link to the Facebook page is on our website). Please feel free to reach out at any time to us at any time with any and all questions and concerns.

May 27, 2016

By Randolph480528

Pacifica was nice and satisfactory, and the staff seemed friendly and competent. It was a larger facility.

Thank you so much for your positive review!

December 10, 2015

By Sandra E.

I visited Pacifica Senior Living. I liked very much the fact that it had separate buildings depending on the level of care that your loved one needed. I think they had four buildings, and all ofthe buildings were exactly alike. If your loved one deteriorated and had to move to another level, they would not recognize that they were in a different building. I thought that was very important. The woman in charge, Margaret, was very friendly. The grounds were very nice with an outside garden area and a courtyard where your loved one could go out anytime they wanted. It was lovely. I liked that very much. They had daily activities. I would absolutely recommend it.

November 11, 2015

By Dorothy116100950

We visited Pacifica for my father-in-law. It was nice and clean, and the staff was nice as well.

Hi Dorothy, Thank you for your positive review!

November 05, 2015

By John107520850

Pacifica Senior Living had cottages, and it had like a maximum of 17 people in each one. When they put you into a cottage, you are with people who have approximately the same stage of Alzheimer’s as you. The rooms are nice. My wife is sharing a room with another woman. It is big enough. They play games, and they bring in entertainment.

Questions About Pacifica Senior Living Fort Myers

Q: What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

A: Alzheimer's 1 and 2 and a yearly update ongoing along with IPC ED - Caregiver Training and Resources

Q: How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

A: 28 total, 12 first shift, 11 2nd shift, and 6, 3rd shift

Q: What techniques do you use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

A: We remind residents of meal times, and give them assistance if needed. We also help those that are unable to feed themselves. We offer special meal plates for puree and finger food.

Q: What programs or activities do you offer to keep residents engaged? How do you engage residents' long-term memories?

A: We work with the Legacies and Transitions Care programs, which include The Daily 7 Keys: Physical Wellness, Reminiscent Activities, Social/Spiritual, Cognitive, Music, Life Enrichment Skill, and Outdoor Activities

Q: Who assesses residents' health and cognitive functioning? How often is that assessment repeated?

A: RSD & ED assess cognitive level during the face to face. After 30 days and every 6 months or a decline is noticed, an assessment will be completed.

Q: How do you keep residents’ families informed about their loved ones’ health?

A: We call the family with any changes, and we have an open door policy. We are on call 24/7 making our self available to answer any questions or concerns, or to help in anyway.

Q: Is the community affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

A: No, though HealthPark Hospital is located 1/4 mile from our community

Q: Describe your community’s neighborhood. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

A: Pacifica Senior Living Fort Myers is a beautiful memory care community located in the Health Park District, close to beaches and beautiful downtown Ft Myers. We are members of the HealthPark association.

Photos of Pacifica Senior Living Fort Myers

Features of Pacifica Senior Living Fort Myers

• Minimum Memory Cost: $3995/month

• Pets: No Pets Allowed

About Pacifica Senior Living Fort Myers

Situated in vibrant Fort Myers, FL, our Pacifica Senior Living community offers full-service memory care programs, providing a warm, inviting and familiar environment for residents with Alzheimer's disease and other forms of dementia. Our community focuses on programs that help individuals with memory loss to thrive while managing the issues of dementia.

Our residential care community offers an atmosphere of home and comfort, reducing the feeling of loneliness and confusion. We understand how important this is to our residents and their loved ones. While providing the best in customized care for our residents, we also provide support and education for families, helping the entire family enhance their understanding and happiness. Our home-like accommodations are custom built to help ease what can be an overwhelming time in life.

Map of Pacifica Senior Living Fort Myers