Brookdale Fort Myers The Colony

13565 American Colony Boulevard, Fort Myers, FL, 33912

Reviews of Brookdale Fort Myers The Colony

February 11, 2015

We considered moving mother to Clare Bridge of Fort Myers. The place was very nice and accommodating. The people were absolutely wonderful, and they were sitting around when we were there. The rooms were smaller. The dining room was nice. The staff during my visit was wonderful, and we do keep in touch with her.

December 24, 2014

By sheilakay

This facility feels like home as soon as you walk in. The staff is very caring and attentive.

April 24, 2014

By Kirby (Health Advocate)

I am the health advocate who has been working with the family of my client, who is at Clare Bridge. The staff has been absolutely amazing. They go out immediately and make an assessment. They did the paperwork in a timely passion because her family is in North Carolina. I am trained to manage this process, and the day she moved in, there was paperwork that came from veteran's affairs because I am trying to get death benefits for her through her husband who is deceased. We need it for her care cost, as she has memory issues. They had an administrator from another location come over and fill out three lines, had my client sign it, scanned it, and had it back to me in an hour. It was awesome because I needed that paperwork, as there are a lot of back pay issues with it, and her family has suffered trying to keep her care cost covered. The rooms are beautiful. They have absolutely fantastic food. They have a great chef. They do diabetic care on site. They have beautiful grounds for people to walk, and it is fenced in. They do a lot of activities that are really well-organized. The people seem to generally care about the folks who are there They are on top of all of her needs. I have been a social worker for 22 years, and I have been to a lot of adult care homes, and I don't have any negative comments for them to improve on. This has been a good experience.

October 25, 2013

By Donnajean2

In general, Clare Bridge was the one that I would personally choose for my mother and the main reason I liked that facility was there seemed to be a lot of caregivers around taking care of the residents. They were very accommodating. They also had a spacious place for the patients in the Alzheimer's unit and it felt like home. The rooms were in the average size and the food seemed okay.

July 02, 2012

By downtown58

The staff was very good and very caring. The facility is clean, has an atrium in the center with lower walls so the patients can walk and still be visible. Each patient has their own room with their personal items. Our family stopped in at various items throughout the week. They have some excellent employees who work endlessly.

May 03, 2012

By commercesd

While in the Florida area, we headed over to check out the Clare Bridge of Fort Myers assisted living facility as an option for my friend's mother. It looked really well-kept from the outside. We liked the park-like atmosphere of the grounds. My friend's mother has family in the region so it would be ideal to find a place in the vicinity. The main foyer was reminiscent of a quaint country home with fresh flowers. It was hard to imagine that this was an assisted living facility. The communal areas all had ongoing activities, from reading to games and resident interactions. It was clear that the residents were enjoying themselves. Outings scheduled included everything from nature walks to fine dining, art museums and literary events. They also host monthly parties for residents at the facility which they encourage friends and family to attend regularly. The living spaces were all a nice size and had beautiful decorations. We could see that my friend's mother would be comfortable in any one of them. Each space had individually controlled temperatures. The dining areas had a fresh ambiance and the food choices looked nutritious and delicious, as well as the regular snacks - which are offered continually and whenever requested. The exercise center included daily yoga and aerobics exercise classes. Residents can also safely navigate the lovely garden pathways and courtyard. This is a well designed facility with caring and attentive staff. All of the residents appeared to be quite content in this living environment.

Features of Brookdale Fort Myers The Colony

About Brookdale Fort Myers The Colony

At Brookdale Fort Myers The Colony we know that memory losses due to Alzheimer's disease and other forms of dementia are progressive and residents' needs are continually changing. That's why we provide balance in our residents' capabilities, personalities, and preferences to create daily routines that enhance their spirits and increase their sense of purpose. We believe the amount of satisfaction our Alzheimer's and dementia care residents receive from the tasks that fill their days goes a long way to maintaining their sense of purpose and overall satisfaction with life. An integral part of this is our promise to encourage each resident to find Daily Moments of Success. To help our residents achieve these moments, our associates receive the tools and training needed in such key areas as specialized dining and the ongoing monitoring of healthcare and behavioral needs, to name a few.

We provide Alzheimer's and dementia care residents with the lifestyle, housing, and services they need in comfortable surroundings combined with the amenities, programs, and care to help stimulate recognition, recall, and wellness in a safe environment. Through years of caring for individuals with dementia, our professional care staff has learned to create optimal surroundings and approaches to care. Familiar environments that our residents have enjoyed throughout their lives are recreated to help them feel reassured and comfortable. The Alzheimer's and dementia care programs at Brookdale Fort Myers The Colony are built to embrace, not restrict our residents' desire to wander and to provide a sense of belonging.

Map of Brookdale Fort Myers The Colony