Brookdale Fayetteville

5125 Highbridge Street, Fayetteville, NY, 13066

Reviews of Brookdale Fayetteville

Dr. Collins February 27, 2013

The facility is not as flexible as it states. If your loved one is more of a night person he/she will not be happy there. Short on staff - staff members were working two and sometimes three shifts. There was no nurse on duty in the facility during the night hours. Kitchen and dining area lacked cleanliness. There were no dispensers for cleaning hands and staff did not clean hands from room to room. The reputation in the community and it happened to us, if your loved one ends in the hospital they are not welcomed back and you are told it is up to the hospital to place your loved one in a nursing home- not what was promised. This facility is appropriate only in the very early stages of Alzheimer's

Gilley November 01, 2012

There are some very caring aides at this facility, but not all of them as can be expected in this type of facility. I was least impressed by the management and their seeming lack of being timely with medical issues, and keeping the families abreast of any significant changes in condition. The floor aides are completely overwhelmed by behavioral and physical demands of the residents and are constantly running to protect people from falling, fighting, choking, yelling, etc. They appear to be under staffed. It's a proverbial 'wolf in sheep's clothing' and I have seen far better facilities that are much less expensive.

djd1 June 23, 2012

After my Mother's death we had to place my Father in a facility and we preferred a place that specialized in Alzheimer's care. We heard good things about Clare Bridge of Manlius. My Dad has been there for almost 10 months and I can say I can rest easy knowing he is being cared for by their wonderful staff. Although one of the hardest things I've had to do in my life I am confident he is where he needs to be to get the specific care he needs as his disease progresses.

joeyboy July 29, 2011

My Mom was here for 9 months with Alzheimers. The staff were the most loving and kind that you would find anywhere. It was a winderful experience under horrible conditions, with that disease.

From Brookdale Fayetteville

At Brookdale Fayetteville we know that memory losses due to Alzheimer's disease and other forms of dementia are progressive and residents' needs are continually changing. That's why we provide balance in our residents' capabilities, personalities, and preferences to create daily routines that enhance their spirits and increase their sense of purpose. We believe the amount of satisfaction our Alzheimer's and dementia care residents receive from the tasks that fill their days goes a long way to maintaining their sense of purpose and overall satisfaction with life. An integral part of this is our promise to encourage each resident to find Daily Moments of Success. To help our residents achieve these moments, our associates receive the tools and training needed in such key areas as specialized dining and the ongoing monitoring of healthcare and behavioral needs, to name a few.

We provide Alzheimer's and dementia care residents with the lifestyle, housing, and services they need in comfortable surroundings combined with the amenities, programs, and care to help stimulate recognition, recall, and wellness in a safe environment. Through years of caring for individuals with dementia, our professional care staff has learned to create optimal surroundings and approaches to care. Familiar environments that our residents have enjoyed throughout their lives are recreated to help them feel reassured and comfortable. The Alzheimer's and dementia care programs at Brookdale Fayetteville are built to embrace, not restrict our residents' desire to wander and to provide a sense of belonging.

Our community has a horticulture therapy program with Syracuse University, 4 secure beautiful courtyards, weekly outings, and much more!

Features of Brookdale Fayetteville