Brookdale Farmington Hills North

27950 Drake Road, Farmington Hills, MI, 48331

Reviews of Brookdale Farmington Hills North

February 10, 2015

By Gary44

We felt very comfortable putting our mother in Clare Bridge, and part of it was that it is smaller; they have two buildings there. It wasn't a very big place which we felt was good. It was easy for her to manage and get around. The apartment is very nice. It seems like a very nice place for her. She had room, she has a bathroom, and obviously, it is well-maintained, it is nicely decorated, and it seemed homey. From what I could tell, the staff are wonderful people. They obviously deal with a lot of specifically, purely dementia and Alzheimer's patients, and they seem to be very patient and very caring. They do a lot of different things there. They certainly have activities, and they encourage the residents to participate, but I cannot really say that my mom is participating in any of those at this point.

October 09, 2014

Clare Bridge of Farmington Hills was fine. It was meant for people with dementia on one side and the other building it was Alzheimer's. So, they had particular attention to people like that. However, my husband had a problem with balance and everything. Other than that, it was very good. He said the food was good. However, he couldn't do the activities because he couldn't see very well. He did like the entertainment. They had some quality musicians there. The staff was very friendly.

December 27, 2013

I removed my mom from Clare Bridge because they weren't well staffed and they didn't have nursing care on the weekends. At first, we thought it was a nice facility. It wasn't too big and I thought it would be a good place for my mom. However, as it turned out, she didn't get the care that she needed there. There was a problem with her medication and I felt like they weren't paying attention to her. The sanitation of the place wasn't that great and their rooms were fine but they're small. Also, they didn't have the activities that the other facility has.

October 09, 2013

I really like what I saw at Clare Bridge of Farmington but it was not geographically desirable for us. The price was competitive. The people were good, but it's a little bit further out so it didn't quite work for us.

August 09, 2012

By SharonS

My mother had alzheimers and was at this facility for 16 months until she passed in Dec. 2011. My mother was given excellent care. They have a wonderful caring and compassionate staff. They not only supported my mom but supported me during a very difficult time. I always knew that she was being well cared for and it put my mind at ease. There were plenty of hugs for my mother and always a hug for me during the difficult times. They had a support group that met once a month that I attended. Being able to talk about this terrible disease with others going through it brought comfort to my heart. I highly recommend this facility.

June 21, 2012

By kittylady

This facility has been a God-send for my family since my elderly Aunt with dementia went to live there about a year ago. The staff is kind and caring, Their "movement is medicine" approach keeps the folks active and they have fun activites that draw out the otherwise reclusive residents. Excellent security and beautiful grounds.

Photos of Brookdale Farmington Hills North

• Activities Extra: Computer Class

• Licenses: Home for Aged
  • State Licenses: AH630236928

About Brookdale Farmington Hills North

At Brookdale Farmington Hills North we know that memory losses due to Alzheimer's disease and other forms of dementia are progressive and residents' needs are continually changing. That's why we provide balance in our residents' capabilities, personalities, and preferences to create daily routines that enhance their spirits and increase their sense of purpose. We believe the amount of satisfaction our Alzheimer's and dementia care residents receive from the tasks that fill their days goes a long way to maintaining their sense of purpose and overall satisfaction with life. An integral part of this is our promise to encourage each resident to find Daily Moments of Success. To help our residents achieve these moments, our associates receive the tools and training needed in such key areas as specialized dining and the ongoing monitoring of healthcare and behavioral needs, to name a few.

We provide Alzheimer's and dementia care residents with the lifestyle, housing, and services they need in comfortable surroundings combined with the amenities, programs, and care to help stimulate recognition, recall, and wellness in a safe environment. Through years of caring for individuals with dementia, our professional care staff has learned to create optimal surroundings and approaches to care. Familiar environments that our residents have enjoyed throughout their lives are recreated to help them feel reassured and comfortable. The Alzheimer's and dementia care programs at Brookdale Farmington Hills North are built to embrace, not restrict our residents' desire to wander and to provide a sense of belonging.

We are a specialized memory care assisted living, part of Brookdale Senior Living. We are able to care for residents through end of life. Also, we are able to care for residents with challenging, difficult behaviors associated with dementia. Our doors are all alarmed and secured. Stable management team who have been here for many years as well as resident care associates.

Map of Brookdale Farmington Hills North