Brookdale Silver Lake

Overview of Ratings

4.1

July 30, 2011

By Amanda P.

My aunt lives at this facility and I visit her about twice a month. It's a beautiful home! It's located right near Silver Lake and has a view of the water. The entry is decorated to be very welcoming and home-like. All of the staff I have interacted with have been friendly and helpful. My aunt has some memory loss and they're always so gentle with her. I've never tried the food myself but my aunt seems to like it. I've also been there during scheduled activities and my aunt and her friends really seem to enjoy the activities. My aunt had a fall a few months ago (she slipped when trying to take a shower herself even though she normally needs help with that) and the staff was really responsive. She was in the hospital for a short time and her favorite caregiver even came to visit her in the hospital and bring her some items from her room. Very nice touch! If I had to live at an assisted care facility, I'd definitely like to live at this one!

Photos of Brookdale Silver Lake

Features of Brookdale Silver Lake

• Nurse On Staff: We Are Staffed 24/7 With Licensed Nursing.

About Brookdale Silver Lake

At Brookdale Silver Lake we know that memory losses due to Alzheimer's disease and other forms of dementia are progressive and residents' needs are continually changing. That's why we provide balance in our residents' capabilities, personalities, and preferences to create daily routines that enhance their spirits and increase their sense of purpose. We believe the amount of satisfaction our Alzheimer's and dementia care residents receive from the tasks that fill their days goes a long way to maintaining their sense of purpose and overall satisfaction with life. An integral part of this is our promise to encourage each resident to find Daily Moments of Success. To help our residents achieve these moments, our associates receive the tools and training needed in such key areas as specialized dining and the ongoing monitoring of healthcare and behavioral needs, to name a few.

We provide Alzheimer's and dementia care residents with the lifestyle, housing, and services they need in comfortable surroundings combined with the amenities, programs, and care to help stimulate recognition, recall, and wellness in a safe environment. Through years of caring for individuals with dementia, our professional care staff has learned to create optimal surroundings and approaches to care. Familiar environments that our residents have enjoyed throughout their lives are recreated to help them feel reassured and comfortable. The Alzheimer's and dementia care programs at Brookdale Silver Lake are built to embrace, not restrict our residents' desire to wander and to provide a sense of belonging.

Map of Brookdale Silver Lake